Chris Weidman Hope or hype

STRONGERTHANALL

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I personally feel his win over Munoz was very big in terms of his ranking at the time, and I think weidman will pose a serious threat to Anderson "IF" he ever gets the shot. But I think he needs another big win first..

So is he hype or hope?

what is this, September '12? here's your answer.

a) he looks GREAT and has had multiple fights on short notice and looked great on most, very good against Maia. but...
b) he's only beaten Maia and a guy who beat Maia (Munoz). not exactly "proven" yet. however...
c) he's as proven as anyone else at 185 (e.g. Bisping has no top 10 wins either, cept Stann)...OTOH
d) who cares if he did or didn't get a title shot, he's been hurt. SO....

give him 1 more fight against a decent opponent, let him win, let him fight for the belt. why not?

that is the most reasonable opinion you'll find, smack dab in between (and be sure to say this in your best 11 year old girl drama queen voices) "OMFG Silva is sooooo ducking him!" and "OMFG he's soooooo overrated!"

I remember this thread. Still funny people arguing against a fight because a guy isn't 'worthy.' I get wanting a different contender but it seemed Anderson fans wanted him to fight no one because he was too great to waste his time.

Right now its all hype. He may prove this hype to be real but he hasn't done it.

He's a decent fighter with potential. He hasn't proven to be elite in the slightest.

Like Weidman was a favorite on that fight, the bitches are suggesting Chris's victory was expected, like it didn't looked like it was just another title defense for Silva, like Silva was a can like Shonda was.

A bit of both.

He is definitely a skilled competitor, people like to criticize his fight against Maia but he won on just 11 days notice. Going from Tom Lawlor to Demian Maia is a pretty big step, especially so soon.

Then destroying Munoz added to it but the thing about Weidman is that he hasn't really faced someone with very good stand-up and solid TDD (like Bisping). People think he can do what Chael did in the first fight but Silva's TDD has improved and if Weidman can't finish he has to try and not get knocked out by Silva for 25 minutes, a very hard task to do.

Like Weidman was a favorite on that fight, the bitches are suggesting Chris's victory was expected, like it didn't looked like it was just another title defense for Silva, like Silva was a can like Shonda was.

No, you illiterate dip shit. They are saying that Chris didnt even deserve to fucking fight Silva. And that someone like Cung Le was more deserving of a title shot.

He beat Maia on short notice and destroyed Munoz. So, he's legit. In my opinion, he should fight one more time before facing Anderson.

A lot of Silva fans here who were banned. Is it because they went bananas after Chris destroyed him?

No, you illiterate dip shit. They are saying that Chris didnt even deserve to fucking fight Silva. And that someone like Cung Le was more deserving of a title shot.

The fuck you come from???
Untitled2.jpg

He is both hope and hype. We are yet to see if the hype is warranted yet, personally I think it is.

A lot of Silva fans here who were banned. Is it because they went bananas after Chris destroyed him?

Oh it was a bad thing to be an Anderson fan, arguably one of the most spectular fighters to ever walk this earth.
Capable of doing this:
215.gif

This
fQyS0.gif

This
anderson-silva-sick-knockout-o.gif

This guy is the real deal. You only need to mention his name to make Silva and his management shitting their pants as well as Silva nuthuggers going all out trying to talk him down. They come up with the craziest storys and desperately try to convince everybody that this fight should never happen.

Chris Weidman isn't too bad.

Hahahahaha 'hope'... anderson silva haters are getting desperate! :icon_chee

Must suck hating the GOAT!

On topic i believe he is mainly hype (Munoz looked awful against Leben/ Maia) as a product of the AS haters getting desperate. Although he could prove to be a real contender at 185, he has not shown any real signs that he could trouble Anderson who has utterly dismantled the likes of Henderson, Belfort, Sonnen and Franklin...

This guy is the real deal. You only need to mention his name to make Silva and his management shitting their pants as well as Silva nuthuggers going all out trying to talk him down. They come up with the craziest storys and desperately try to convince everybody that this fight should never happen.

Exactly this... they're the reason every Weidman thread becomes goes over 100 pages in like an hour.

Please. He beat a K-1 Maia that forgot that he is world champion grappler.

don't you tell me that Weidman is a better grappler than Maia. He is not.

Everyone tries to use the Sakara and Maia fight to discredit him. Yet they ignore the fact that he took those fights on short notice.
Maia 11 days.
Sakara 2 weeks.

the victory over munoz was a good win and def. a step in the right direction for weidman...however, munoz #3 MW ranking was completely rediculous...insanely inflated ranking...i would have liked to see weidman v. bisping for #1 contender but it doesnt look like thats in the cards...weidman should have to fight one more legit top contender and then a title shot is his...

I think people want so bad to see someone beat Silva that they find a way to convince themselves that Anderson's next challenger has what it takes to beat him. Weidman is a good fighter no doubt, but my opinion is at this stage of his career he has nothing to offer Silva that Silva has not seen or dealt with before.

Back