Chris Weidman Hasn't Won a Fight Since May of 2015, Why Does He Think He Deserves a Title Shot?

He literally was fighting for the title at UFC 199 and got injured. What are you talking about?

People need to stop using this stupid ass argument of "X fighter hasn't won a fight since 20XX"
Fighters routinely take long ass breaks between fights. It is not rare for a top draw fighter to fight ONE time in the whole year. Saying somebody hasnt had a win in two years means nothing when they only fought once in that time frame. If Cerrone hadn't won a fight in 2 years then that'd be a different story.

What am I dreaming of? You aren't making any sense lol. Rockhold, Romero, and Souza have all beaten slightly better competition than Weidman lately too.

Weidman has beaten: Vitor, Machida, Silva since 2013

Rockhold has beaten: Bisping, Weidman, Machida, and 2 other wins since 2013

Romero has beaten: Jacare, Machida, Kennedy, and Brunson and 2 others since 2013

Jacare has beaten: Vitor, Moose, and arguably Romero plus 3 others

Weidman's resume is definitely worse than the other guys in that span. The best argument he has is that his resume is better than Jacare's. Romero and Rockhold definitely have better resumes since Weidman grabbed the belt. Not only that, they have all been more active. Weidman needs to come back and beat somebody that isn't an on the slide. He should have to face either Romero, Jacare or Rockhold. Which ever one who doesn't get the title fight.

You're day dreaming saying Weidman didn't beat Silva twice - its mental gymnastics to explain that away, but I'm willing to concede you are a 5 alarm ding-dong.

If you actually read my post, I said verbatim that Jacare has the most claim, but Weidman is "still in the picture."

Read that sentence again - let it wash over your brain, deep down into the spectrum you're on. Let it become you.

Back