Chris Weidman Hasn't Won a Fight Since May of 2015, Why Does He Think He Deserves a Title Shot?

He thinks he deserves the shot because he's a former champ that wants his belt back, bad. He's a very confident person and a top mw. Pretty obvious where his mind is. Coming out and saying you want a title shot is called campaigning. Do you understand the mentality of a fighter? Or would you rather someone like Weidman be like, "no, you're right. I don't deserve a title shot." What kind of shit would that be?

He can campaign for a titleshot and we can vote no and laugh at him.

Romero should get Bisping/Hendo winner.

Jacare vs Weidman sounds good.

I have a feeling if Hendo beats Bisping, he'll retire and Romero/Jacare 2 could be for the vacant belt. That would be cool.

Silva didn't slip on a banana peel, are you kidding me? Are we living in a parallel universe where Weidman didn't summarily drop Silva like a sack of potatoes from his signature position - the clinch - and then bounce his head off the canvas? Talk about mental gymnastics.

His three consecutive title defenses where Silva, Machida and Belfort. If you want to be a world class ding-dong, go ahead and try to discredit it.

Wtf are you talking about? Don't you remember the second fight? The fight were Silva broke his leg. That was the fight you were talking about when you were saying he had "3 title defenses." The first Silva fight isn't a title defense since he didn't have the title. You are the one playing mental gymnastics lol. He checked a simple leg kick and Silva's leg snapped like a twig. That's like saying Woodley got a legit win over Condit because Condit shredded his ACL.

Wtf are you talking about? Don't you remember the second fight? The fight were Silva broke his leg. That was the fight you were talking about when you were saying he had "3 title defenses." The first Silva fight isn't a title defense since he didn't have the title. You are the one playing mental gymnastics lol. He checked a simple leg kick and Silva's leg snapped like a twig. That's like saying Woodley got a legit win over Condit because Condit shredded his ACL.

You're day dreaming.

Take a break from posting

But not near as much as Romero or Jacare, both who are coming off of wins.
While true, Romero is off a PED suspension. No way his next fight is for the title. I'd actually like to see him fight Rockhold.

I've been a big supporter of Souza fighting for the title. He did lose to Romero though, and beating the Vitor of today don't mean what it used to.

I agree, hendo, shoukd fight for the title. Makes sense.... Lol

Woodley's on a win-streak.
A 2 fight streak lol. One via injury the other over an out of shape missed weight Gastelum he took to a split decision. He got schooled by Rory. By the way he may well beat Lawler but he has been out a very long time and a 2 fight streak is nothing to crow about.

It has been nearly 15 months since Chris has won a fight inside the octagon, his last win was against Vitor Belfort at UFC 187. No other fighter in the middleweight top 10 besides Anderson has gone this long without winning a fight. Since that time period Bisping has won three more fights including knocking out the man who destroyed Weidman. Even Hendo has won a fight since then, my question is why is this guy going on like it's some big injustice that he's not being gifted another undeserved title shot? He criticizes the system for giving Hendo a title shot yet he wants to be gifted one coming off of a loss nearly eight months ago. What does he possibly have to be mad about?

weidman-liceUFC194.jpg

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo1_500.gif
Sounds like a scared Bisping fan to me making excuses for Bisping to duck. Lets just act like this didnt happen
FalseDiligentBellfrog.gif
and Bisping got a second try against Luke to ko him unlike Weidman. Bisping fans act like Bisping didnt get his ass handed to him the first time.

He can campaign for a titleshot and we can vote no and laugh at him.
I had no clue that the UFC was a democracy. Laugh at someone being 1 win away from a UFC title shot? Meh, I've done 100 things that are far more laughable today than Weidman asking for a title shot. I dare to venture that you have as well.

I don't know, ask Tyron how he got his.

Sounds like a scared Bisping fan to me making excuses for Bisping to duck. Lets just act like this didnt happen
FalseDiligentBellfrog.gif
Pretty sure Bisping doesnt have any control over who his opponent will be, he just signs the contract that is offered. But yeah, go ahead and accuse a thirteen year MMA veteran of ducking.

A 2 fight streak lol. One via injury the other over an out of shape missed weight Gastelum he took to a split decision. He got schooled by Rory. By the way he may well beat Lawler but he has been out a very long time and a 2 fight streak is nothing to crow about.

Wonderboy should have gotten the titleshot over Woodley- I'm just saying that Woodley has a stronger case than Weidman specifically.

Too many injuries, that said he's always a win or 2 away. Hope he gets back to form or I can see him going to 205 and amazing people and himself.

Wonderboy should have gotten the titleshot over Woodley- I'm just saying that Woodley has a stronger case than Weidman specifically.
Fair enough. Weidman was also the first man to beat Silva and defended the title 3 times. But I can respect your logic.

He should get the rematch that he campaigned so hard for. All of a sudden he doesnt want it

You're day dreaming.

Take a break from posting

What am I dreaming of? You aren't making any sense lol. Rockhold, Romero, and Souza have all beaten slightly better competition than Weidman lately too.

Weidman has beaten: Vitor, Machida, Silva since 2013

Rockhold has beaten: Bisping, Weidman, Machida, and 2 other wins since 2013

Romero has beaten: Jacare, Machida, Kennedy, and Brunson and 2 others since 2013

Jacare has beaten: Vitor, Moose, and arguably Romero plus 3 others

Weidman's resume is definitely worse than the other guys in that span. The best argument he has is that his resume is better than Jacare's. Romero and Rockhold definitely have better resumes since Weidman grabbed the belt. Not only that, they have all been more active. Weidman needs to come back and beat somebody that isn't an on the slide. He should have to face either Romero, Jacare or Rockhold. Which ever one who doesn't get the title fight.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Bisping doesnt have any control over who his opponent will be, he just digns the contract that is offered. But yeah, go ahead and accuse a thirteen year MMA veteran of ducking.
giphy.gif
Yeah the reason Bisping is fighting a 45 year old rank 13 man isnt because he asked for it lol.

Back