Chris Weidman Hasn't Won a Fight Since May of 2015, Why Does He Think He Deserves a Title Shot?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
It has been nearly 15 months since Chris has won a fight inside the octagon, his last win was against Vitor Belfort at UFC 187. No other fighter in the middleweight top 10 besides Anderson has gone this long without winning a fight. Since that time period Bisping has won three more fights including knocking out the man who destroyed Weidman. Even Hendo has won a fight since then, my question is why is this guy going on like it's some big injustice that he's not being gifted another undeserved title shot? He criticizes the system for giving Hendo a title shot yet he wants to be gifted one coming off of a loss nearly eight months ago. What does he possibly have to be mad about?

weidman-liceUFC194.jpg

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo1_500.gif

You asked a question and then answered it yourself.

Thanks a lot, Gabe. Thanks a fuckin' bunch, pal.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Look at some of these ridiculous title shots. His claim is just as strong as any other former champion. Including Rockhold.

You asked a question and then answered it yourself.

Thanks a lot, Gabe. Thanks a fuckin' bunch, pal.
Geez sorry Junior. Look forward to seeing you back in the cage soon.

Because he was a dominant Anderson Silva/Jon Jones/GSP/Fedor level champion and deserves immediate rematch privileges.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Look at some of these ridiculous title shots. His claim is just as strong as any other former champion. Including Rockhold.
But not near as much as Romero or Jacare, both who are coming off of wins.

<6>

My face everytime he cries for a TS. Gtfo Daddy's boy.

Woodley's last win was 1-31-2015. He is fighting for a title at 201.

I'm not sticking up for The Chris, just stating a fact.

He won the title in spectacular fashion, then defended it three times.

Many of the titles have been on a merry-go-round so its worth pointing out that is a difficult thing to do. His first and only career loss was in his 4th title defense.

That has to be worth something.

For his part, Rockhold lost the title on his very first defense. If Bisping wasn't gifted an absurd matchup with the #13 ranked fighter, he would be a substantial underdog to the other field of current title contenders, and would have a high probability of losing his first defense.

Weidman has claim. Jacare has the strongest claim, but Weidman isn't out of the picture.

Give him the Cain treatment.

Post him up against a giant Troll, let him prove he can stay healthy

Then give him the title shot

bisping was filling in for weidman against rockhold and now all of a sudden it's ludacris that weidman gets a titleshot. he's up there as a top contender, I don't know when win streaks became the defining argument for title shots.

The unbiased phrasing game....my turn.
Weidman has won 13 of his last 14 fights

bisping was filling in for weidman against rockhold and now all of a sudden it's ludacris that weidman gets a titleshot. he's up there as a top contender, I don't know when win streaks became the defining argument for title shots.

umm... always.

Only 2 exceptions:

1. the fighter not on a win streak was a legendary champion (ex: A. Silva)

2. the fighter getting a titleshot is an exceptionally high draw (ex: Chael Sonnen, Nick Diaz)

The Chris fits neither of those criteria and the 185 lb. division is full of great contenders.

That's not to say that Weidman doesn't have a better case than Hendo though.

He won the title in spectacular fashion, then defended it three times.

He really defended it twice since Silva broke his leg.

And one of those defenses was against Machida. When was the last time Machida beat anybody worth a damn?

Weidman got smashed up bad by Rockhold. He should really be 4th in line for the title shot.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-13-at-4.19.04-PM.png

He thinks he deserves the shot because he's a former champ that wants his belt back, bad. He's a very confident person and a top mw. Pretty obvious where his mind is. Coming out and saying you want a title shot is called campaigning. Do you understand the mentality of a fighter? Or would you rather someone like Weidman be like, "no, you're right. I don't deserve a title shot." What kind of shit would that be?

He really defended it twice since Silva broke his leg.

And one of those defenses was against Machida. When was the last time Machida beat anybody worth a damn?

Weidman got smashed up bad by Rockhold. He should really be 4th in line for the title shot.

Silva didn't slip on a banana peel, are you kidding me? Are we living in a parallel universe where Weidman didn't summarily drop Silva like a sack of potatoes from his signature position - the clinch - and then bounce his head off the canvas? Talk about mental gymnastics.

His three consecutive title defenses where Silva, Machida and Belfort. If you want to be a world class ding-dong, go ahead and try to discredit it.

Back