Chris Weidman, Cain Velasquez, Frankie Edgar = Similar Prototype, Different Weight

On paper maybe. I don't think they look similar when you actually fight.

Sort of but Cain goes right at people, whereas Frankie uses constant movement, to remain elusive and sneak in and out of range.

And I see Weidman different from the both of them...just on all around slick dude, with good counters, power and toughness.

comparing Edgar to cain is like comparing melvin Guillard to JDS

Based on what? Getting outstruck by Kongo?

Weidman knocked out Anderson Silva.

That was really long ago, on his last fight he was beating JDS on the feet.
That's like saying how bad Weidman looked on the feet against K1 Maia.
If you read my previous post you could see how I feel about Chris striking.

If you looked the finished part in a fight and the only thing that saved you was incompetent Reffing, that might indicate a "suspect chin" to a rational person; No?

Haha, so if his chin is suspect why hasn't he been KO'd he has faced bunch of fighters that finish fight, theres logic to both side, but saying Frankie's chin is suspect is absurd.

Based on what? Getting outstruck by Kongo?

Weidman knocked out Anderson Silva.

Anderson let himself knocked out ... Not Weidman's outstanding stand up game... And yes, that was a stupid thing by Andy.

Haha, so if his chin is suspect why hasn't he been KO'd he has faced bunch of fighters that finish fight, theres logic to both side, but saying Frankie's chin is suspect is absurd.

When a guy gets put on queer street from a single punch multiple times, he has a suspect chin. Getting ko'd like Wand, and you graduate to "bad"chin.

Stopped at Weidman cardio for days.

I think you could sum this up as they are all "well rounded"

This.

But your thread is still better than 99% of other Sherdog threads. It made me use my brain and think a little bit. Thank you.

How in the hell you know if Weidman has cardio for days or great heart/recovery?

he went 3 grinding (albeit boring) rounds with maia on really short notice

that means he didn't really get much of a camp but still tough it out

To me Weidman's cardio is suspect.

Why? Who have you seen fight on 10 days notice with a 31-32(can't remember exact amount) pound weight cut have good cardio? Anyone's cardio would have suffered greatly under those conditions. He also looked fresher than Maia and pushed the pace, same goes for the Sakara fight on 14 days notice.

I don't think he is comparable to Edgar or Cain in terms of cardio but he likely has better than average cardio.

Idk, but for whatever reason I didn't notice until the last event that Chad Mendes looks disturbingly like Frankie from some angles.

Frankie & Cain did have the same stand up coach for a while. Frankie used to train at AKA

I think chris and Cain are more similar to each other than Edgar however I do agree I guess.... However I believe Edgar is the superior fighter p4p but that's just my opinion

This.

But your thread is still better than 99% of other Sherdog threads. It made me use my brain and think a little bit. Thank you.

Thanks, man. It's hard to gauge with all the flamers, whether it was even worth posting sometimes. I've been on here a bit. I read it regularly, but I'll go a year without posting, just because I can't seem to figure out what the hell Sherdoggers really take to. Have had a lot of fun on other boards. Lots of respect and harmonizing.

Why? Who have you seen fight on 10 days notice with a 31-32(can't remember exact amount) pound weight cut have good cardio? Anyone's cardio would have suffered greatly under those conditions.

He also looked very tired at the end of the Silva fight.

Except Weidman and Edgar have never been knocked out, Weidman has that one punch ko, Edgar and Weidman have much better striking..

Weidman has serious power, but I think the huge GNP shots in round one and Silva holding his chin up were the big reasons Silva got ktfo.

He also looked very tired at the end of the Silva fight.

He didn't look very tired but I'll give you he did look a little tired, very tired is how he looked in the Maia fight. You have to think that his cardio was affected by his first ever title shot, a year lay off, and 2 surgeries. I'm willing to bet his cardio will look much better in his next fight if he has to show it.

Back