Media Chris Weidman at 205(?) *pic*

Cain? He has a win over a punching bag and the HW cardio legend looked gassed in 1 round against Werjuice after July 2015.

Agree, I was thinking maybe Cain's fall was from injuries.

Agree, I was thinking maybe Cain's fall was from injuries.
Well I am pretty sure Weidman has a shitload of injuries and surgeries that have been piling up over the last 5-6 years.

It's all or none. No gray areas.

Jones and DC aside the skillgap at 205 is much lower i can see him doing very well there

Well I am pretty sure Weidman has a shitload of injuries and surgeries that have been piling up over the last 5-6 years.

It's all or none. No gray areas.

Cain does not have enough performances to make a fair assessment. Weidman went from a powerhouse wrecking machine, pre USADA, to a smaller, slower fighter that gasses quickly after USADA testing began in July 2015. 13 - 0 before testing. 1 - 4 since testing.

It is not only the losses, it is his drop off in performance.

Fat Chris a champ in 2019? The CTE gods say noooooooo.

Cain does not have enough performances to make a fair assessment. Weidman went from a powerhouse wrecking machine, pre USADA, to a smaller, slower fighter that gasses quickly after USADA testing began in July 2015. 13 - 0 before testing. 1 - 4 since testing.

Yea you might want to compare Weidman's opponents pre and post USADA for a fair assessment then.

He's got that fat round shaped face that women hate. He'd do well but he need to work on that jawline.

Cain never gassed after 25 minutes of relentless destruction of JDS to gassing in 3 minutes while doing less against Werdum.

Weidman was slow and gassed quickly pre USADA...... He was slowing down against Silva, slowed down against Machida., looked a litter gassed against Maia.

Weidman's losses are to fighters who are arguably better than everyone he fought pre USADA. He also did well against every single one of them before losing. Cain just got destroyed standing by a BJJ artists until he gassed inside 1 round and gave up the guillotine on a silver platter.

I'd suspect Cain over Weidman in a heartbeat.

Another one would have to be Cuckhold right? 14-2 pre usada to 2-2 post USADA?

Random: He also mentioned weighing 238 after thanksgiving.

That's sad. I remember going to a Q&A after the second Silva fight where he mentioned he was staying close to 202 to avoid the massive weight cuts he used to have now that he was going to only be in 5 round fights. Guess he's given up on that.

Last edited:
I don't think he would do much better there than MW. if anything maybe his chin improves without the weight cut but his fight IQ would still be shit. As a huge weidman fan I'm not really into the idea of him fighting anymore

Belfort, Weidman, Hendricks, Pettis, A. Silva, Overeem and RDA all started to perform at a lower level after July 2015.

I do not think Weidman jumping to 205 will help his chances of getting the belt. He has been KO/TKO in four of his last five fights.

Weidman would still beat guys on the level of old fart Vitor and Machida if we let him. What happened was he started fighting truly elite competition.

Rockhold, Romero, Moose, Jacare. These guys are all head and shoulders above his competition prior to that run.

Weidman went from a powerhouse wrecking machine, pre USADA, to a smaller, slower fighter that gasses quickly after USADA testing began in July 2015. 13 - 0 before testing. 1 - 4 since testing.

The only difference I've seen in Weidman is his gas tank and fight IQ TBH. He's been winning/doing well in all of these fights against the best the division has to offer. He's clearly still a top 5 MW.

Personally I saw a decline in the Machida fight.

That pic is like 4-5 years old. What are you on.

I'd like to see him versus Gus.

I think he fucks up a lot of the strikers around the 6-10 spots with his grappling, but starts to lose against the Top 5 guys.

He is a big guy at mw. He will not be a big guy at LHW, so that is not a good idea.

Back