Chris Weidman, an example for Ronda Rousey?

If you don't believe The Chris hasn't already proven himself, you are a delusional human being.

Pro tip: You can be proven and not be the greatest fighter to ever do it.

Proven himself to what degree? That he's a legit MW champion? Of course he has. That he's some GOAT status MW/once-in-a-generation AAA-level game changer? No he hasn't. Weidman isn't severely over- or under-rated. He's right about where he's supposed to be, given his overall package (fighting prowess + personality + background): a solid champ with a boring personality who beat some legit competition. Calm yourselves with the underrated talk.

I think Ronda Rousey can be an example for Chris too. Both got their belts in 2013 but Ronda has defended it twice as many times as The Chris.

Lol if you aren't trolling.

barkley-head-shake-o.gif

Women aren't the warriors of combat that some men are, end of story. That said, Ronda doesn't need to prove anything and she is the best female fighter on the planet. Let the butt hurt commence.
She is one of the best.. Cyborg is another one of the best.. Those two facts can not be denied if u have half a brain..ronda can get wrecked by cyborg or may very well break cyborgs arm.. No one knows until they fight.. That's why people want to see it and it's easier for Ronda to fight at 145 than cyborg to fight at 135.. Other than that u can say whatever to your self to sleep better at night

If you don't believe The Chris hasn't already proven himself, you are a delusional human being.

Delusional human being here.

DISCLOSURE: I AM AN ANDERSON NUTHUGGER

Regardless, it CANNOT be ignored that Weidman beat Anderson, Machida and Belfort in their LATE 30's. All huge wins yes, but you can't ignore age and mileage being a factor. That's the history of combat sports: eventually the young lion beats the old lion.

If Weidman can beat Rockhold/Jacare and continue to defend, I'd say he's headed toward GOAT status.

Jacare is 35 years old dawg. By the time Yoel gets his chance he'll be the oldest opponent Weidman would have ever faced inside the Octagon.

Everyone is the guy to beat Weidman, until The Chris smashes them and then they become old overnight.

You people are hilarious.

The only guy saying this is you. We call that a strawman argument.

My post stated Chris hasn't proven himself to be at near GOAT status. You responded in disagreement. The context of the "proven himself" in this conversation is very clear. What you're doing is called lacking basic logic and reading comprehension.

Oh and btw, I'm the only one saying Chris is the GOAT? Now that right there is called hyperbole.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/7...come-greatest-of-all-time-goat-mma-video-news

Now go bug Ray "Strawman" Longo.

Jacare is 35 years old dawg.

Everyone is the guy to beat Weidman, until The Chris smashes them and then they become old overnight.

You people are hilarious.

Yes, and in my book, he got shafted in losing the TS to Rockhold. The man earned his shot. When/if he eventually fights Weidman, he will be older than ideal.

And it's not being delusional. Do you think Werdum would have subbed Fedor if they had fought 5 years earlier? Whether you do or not, it was a huge win that no one can take away from Werdum, but it could have just as easily been Rogers, Arlovski or Sylvia that did it.

Last edited:
Yes, and in my book, he got completely shafted in losing the TS to Rockhold. The man earned his shot. When/if he eventually fights Weidman, he will definitely be older than ideal.

And it's not being delusional. Do you really think Werdum would have subbed Fedor if they had fought 5 years earlier? Whether you do or not, it was a huge win that no one can take away from Werdum, but it could have just as easily been Rogers, Arlovski or Sylvia that did it.
You're all over the map dude. First Jacare is the guy to beat him, then he's not at an ideal age because of losing his titleshot to Rockhold.

You're building excuses for dudes before the fights have even been booked. You're making my argument for me here.

I think it's more on the fans to realize that they are obviously just trying to make noise for our "niche sport" and attract new eyes. Dana is a promoter, and Ronda is a star. It's kinda their job. Long as they don't start making fun of crippled kids or something, I don't really care what fantastical shit they say to the news media.

You are doing yeoman's work on the promotional bullshit. I mean, I get it. Dana lies. And Ronda makes silly claims.

But the extent to which people take the statements of a promoter (or a self-promoting star) as anything other than short term promotion is disappointing. It's called context people.

Chris was a product of "All Action". Ronda was heavy marketing and cherry-picked opponents.

Did Weidman clear out his division while we weren't looking? I know that Rousey has cleared out Bantamweight so decisively that they're talking a 3rd round with Tate based on the argument that she was the only one that lasted more than 1 round.

Weidman is the champ. He's legit. He's not even the undisputed best of his division until he clears it out. And discussions of GOAT? No, just no. At least wait and come back after he finishes clearing out the top 5.

Weidman shouldn't even be speaking the word Jones until he finishes cleaning out the division.

You're all over the map dude. First Jacare is the guy to beat him, then he's not at an ideal age because of losing his titleshot to Rockhold.

You're building excuses for dudes before the fights have even been booked. You're making my argument for me here.

No I'm not.

I was responding to your statement that "Jacare is 35 years old, Dawg." Yes he is. And at this age and on the run he's on, I think he would make for a competitive fight with the Chris. If they fought, I wouldn't care if Jacare or Weidman won but I WOULD like to see that fight sooner rather than later.

By losing the TS to Rockhold, obviously Jacare is going to be older when/if he gets his TS and if he fights Weidman at age 38, he would be older and more past his prime than he is now. Hopefully that does not come to pass.

My post stated Chris hasn't proven himself to be at near GOAT status. You responded in disagreement. The context of the "proven himself" in this conversation is very clear. What you're doing is called lacking basic logic and reading comprehension.

Oh and btw, I'm the only one saying Chris is the GOAT? Now that right there is called hyperbole.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/7...come-greatest-of-all-time-goat-mma-video-news

Now go bug Ray "Strawman" Longo.
I'm gonna help you out because you're arguing shit that nobody is arguing.
Allow us to follow the chain of events that took us here.

Weidman is such an underrated champion its crazy. He beat Anderson twice and hes the defending champ in the best MW division the UFC has ever had
This is the post you quoted. Please take note how he does not talk about The Chris being the GOAT or the GOAT of the MW division. All he says is that he's defeated some really excellent fighters, which is true. He also states Weidman is underrated for defeating said excellent fighters. Which is proven by the people stating he's beating nobodies... Nobodies who were betting favourites to defeat him.

Beating the GOAT doesn't automatically promote you to near GOAT status. That's not how it works. You can talk about Weidman being underrated after he beats the current No. 1 through 3 (Rockhold, Jacare, Romero). As it stands he has a lot to prove.
This is your post to that quote. Here is you rambling on about god knows what.

Here is my post quoting yours. Take note how I full on say you can be a good fighter without being the GOAT.

Proven himself to what degree? That he's a legit MW champion? Of course he has. That he's some GOAT status MW/once-in-a-generation AAA-level game changer? No he hasn't. Weidman isn't severely over- or under-rated. He's right about where he's supposed to be, given his overall package (fighting prowess + personality + background): a solid champ with a boring personality who beat some legit competition. Calm yourselves with the underrated talk.
Here is your post quoting mine. Note the GOAT discussion again. A discussion nobody but you is having.

I'd continue, but I think the trend is pretty clear.

Weidman shouldn't even be speaking the word Jones until he finishes cleaning out the division.

See this is where you're dead wrong. A fighter should always make as noise in a way to maximize attention on him/her and plant the seeds to a high profile fight in the future. It doesn't even matter if Weidman actually intends to fight Jones, he is doing exactly what he's supposed to do to generate interest and create talking points that will pay dividends in his future career.

boofuckinghoo bitches....

a fighter wont fight a bigger fighter :icon_cry2 wa!

I'm gonna help you out because you're arguing shit that nobody is arguing.

I'm gonna help you out because your reading comprehension and logic reasoning are complete shit. Allow us to follow the chain of events that took us here.

Weidman is such an underrated champion its crazy. He beat Anderson twice and hes the defending champ in the best MW division the UFC has ever had

This is the post I quoted. Take note how he did not talk about Chris beating some excellent fighters. He singled out Chris beating the consensus MW GOAT twice, being the defending champ in the best MW division ever, and being crazy underrated.

At this point, people generally accept Chris being an excellent fighter and a legit champion. The "crazy underrated", "defending champion in best MW division ever" talk makes no sense unless if made in the context of Chris being a GOAT level fighter. Logic 101.

Beating the GOAT doesn't automatically promote you to near GOAT status. That's not how it works. You can talk about Weidman being underrated after he beats the current No. 1 through 3 (Rockhold, Jacare, Romero). As it stands he has a lot to prove.

This is my post. Note how I specifically stated Chris hasn't proven himself to be a near GOAT, and he's not underrated insofar as being considered a legit champion.

Here is your post in response to mine above. Note you either:

-claimed that saying Chris hasn't proven himself to be a near GOAT is delusional, or
-was stupid enough to responded to a post while arguing an entirely different point

I'll let you decide which one is true.

I'd continue, but I think the trend is pretty clear.

Until Weidman actually fights Jones, his talk is no different than Rousey. It's just talk.

They are not in the same situation.

1) Jones Jones is an actual UFC fighter and holds a UFC belt (he is the real champ) that Weidman can fight for, while Cyborg fights in a smaller organization. It doesn't make sense for Ronda to go after a less important title that the one she already owns.

2) Jones is higher in the p4p scale that Weidman, so it makes sense to fight him if you wanna climb up the ladder. Ronda is the #1 p4p women fighter in the world, so is actually Cyborg who needs to go after her.

Back