Chris Weidman, an example for Ronda Rousey?

Greatest /= famous /= payday.

We're in agreement that Cyborg is the most competitive 145 lbs female fighter bar none. Unfortunately for her, no one outside of Sherdog knows or gives a fuck.

Cyborg vs Rousey would be the biggest wmma fight of all time, by a lot.

Shes supposed to be able to beat Mayweather, Cain, etc

9535-Take-A-Deep-Breath-Girl-1.gif

You're falling into the promotional nonsense traps thrown out there for headlines.

Don't take that silly stuff to heart, or your head will explode.

I consider Weidman a kind of confusing and hard to pin down character. I have conflicting feelings about him as an MMA fan. No romo.

However, one of the things I absolutely love about him without question, is this shit right here. He has that BJ Penn legit warrior spirit, where he really does not give a fuck about how big the guy is. A true martial artist approach. He wants to test himself against the very best. He keeps always bringing up Jon Jones over the years, and he's even in a lower weight class... that's about as badass as it gets. Muito Hespect.

Weidman likes money, and he is well aware of the fact that he is not a big PPV draw. Thats pretty much the only reason I think he wants that fight, and there is nothing wrong with that, ofc.

And again, all Rouseys fangirls are making all the excuses in the world for her not to fight Cyborg.

I've never seen fans of a fighter not want their fighter to take challenges. It's a weird new thing with rousey.

It's rather easy for a champ early into their reign to have Weidman's mindset. Ronda is 6 defenses into her reign and has cleaned it out once already. Weidman has big wins in his young career but still has tough work(Rockhold, Jacare, and Romero) to do to just clean it out once.

"Heavy lies the crown" and I'm not sure Weidman will be asking for Jones 2-3 years down the line if Jones returns and both remain dominant. Just my take on it.

easy for Weidman to say. If he loses, all he does is risk his 500k paydays. Ronda's got millions at stake, not to mention her growing empire in literature, film, and fashion. You see how fast METROPCS dropped Cain? Ronda dont wanna lose that A-list endorsement.

Tyson has a great monoloque about this but i can't seem to find it..

it was in a time before the Mayweather pacman fight was official, he was asked about floyd not fighting pacman and he said something like: "As a fighter you wanna be the best, and to be the best you gotta beat the best, you gotta challenge yourself. That's what being a fighter means"

Anyway, just wanted to share

I don't care what weight they are. If weight is holding up the fight, I blame the fighter asking the other to make weight.

That's stupid... Ronda is the champ. Make weight = get a fight. Take steroids, be disrespectful, and demand the champ fight you at a different weight class = go to hell. xD

I want to see the fight too. But it's stupid to say the champ should have to move up to fight a known cheater.

easy for Weidman to say. If he loses, all he does is risk his 500k paydays. Ronda's got millions at stake, not to mention her growing empire in literature, film, and fashion. You see how fast METROPCS dropped Cain? Ronda dont wanna lose that A-list endorsement.

Literature? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

You're falling into the promotional nonsense traps thrown out there for headlines.

Don't take that silly stuff to heart, or your head will explode.

Yeah I know I shouldn't.

I would find it pretty humorous if somebody were to call Dana out on all that marketing BS or ask Ronda about a potential fight with Cain(of course not being serious)

Weidman likes money, and he is well aware of the fact that he is not a big PPV draw. Thats pretty much the only reason I think he wants that fight, and there is nothing wrong with that, ofc.

Nah. Jones isn't some huge PPV draw either. The marketing heaven that was his beef with DC aside, Jones doesn't draw gigantic numbers.

Besides, getting your face smashed in by anyone for money is not what an undefeated Champion like Chris Weidman is thinking. He wants to win. He is thinking about his legacy. And he really thinks he can kick the shit out of Jones.

Gotta admire that level of Jedi hutzpah.

That's stupid... Ronda is the champ. Make weight = get a fight. Take steroids, be disrespectful, and demand the champ fight you at a different weight class = go to hell. xD

I want to see the fight too. But it's stupid to say the champ should have to move up to fight a known cheater.

She doesnt have to, but it speaks volumes about her as a fighter that she would rather fight a bunch of cans.

And again, all Rouseys fangirls are making all the excuses in the world for her not to fight Cyborg.

I've never seen fans of a fighter not want their fighter to take challenges. It's a weird new thing with rousey.

Stick around awhile.

Cyborg vs Rousey would be the biggest wmma fight of all time, by a lot.

Yes it would be, and 95% of that would be due to Rousey.

The reality is that Cyborg is not very marketable. Winning is only part of that equation. Look what happened after the Gina fight. Cyborg DEMOLISHED and humiliated Carano and what happened afterwards? Gina goes on to star in movies and become a mainstream celebrity. Cyborg went back to crushing cans for pocket change and posting fat pics on twitter.

Greatest /= famous /= payday.

We're in agreement that Cyborg is the most competitive 145 lbs female fighter bar none. Unfortunately for her, no one outside of Sherdog knows or gives a fuck.

You are so wrong. Cyborg has started gain a lot of mainstream media attention because of Ronda`s recent success.

Yeah I know I shouldn't.

I would find it pretty humorous if somebody were to call Dana out on all that marketing BS or ask Ronda about a potential fight with Cain(of course not being serious)

I think it's more on the fans to realize that they are obviously just trying to make noise for our "niche sport" and attract new eyes. Dana is a promoter, and Ronda is a star. It's kinda their job. Long as they don't start making fun of crippled kids or something, I don't really care what fantastical shit they say to the news media.

Nah. Jones isn't some huge PPV draw either. The marketing heaven that was his beef with DC aside, Jones doesn't draw gigantic numbers.

Besides, getting your face smashed in by anyone for money is not what an undefeated Champion like Chris Weidman is thinking. He wants to win. He is thinking about his legacy. And he really thinks he can kick the shit out of Jones.

Gotta admire that level of Jedi hutzpah.
his return fight is guaranteed 800+k. His shenanigans earned him top billing on TMZ SPORTS!

Back