Chris Weidman’s Next Middleweight Opponent

Needs to fight one or two bums so he can crush them and get his head straight. No shame in that.
Once he gets some momentum he could take on a mid ranked guy and take it from there. Keep the dude away from the top 10 for atleast 3 fights for fuck sakes

He shouldn't be fighting ranked guys until he strings together a couple wins. I'd like to think his body isn't completely shot at this point, and that he could make another run.

People count out Weidman. They forget how easily he handled Gastelum. He's on a skid but he'll come back. He's 10-4 in UFC after all and was on a 9 fight streak.

Out of the top 10 I'd favor him against

Hall
Shahbazyan
Till
Cannonier

I'd like to see him fight Hall then potentially a rematch with Gastelum or Till.

Silva.

Both victories were flukes, as we can see from his recent record.

He is 10-5.

1-6 since USADA losing via KTFO every single time.

He is set to fight Hermansson in a 5 rounder. I guess that is a good fight for him. Jack is not a power puncher.

I actually thought Hermansson was his worst matchup in the top rn

Chris honestly shouldn’t be getting punched anymore not just because of the knock outs but his neck

I actually thought Hermansson was his worst matchup in the top rn
Really? Why?

I think skill for skill a fresh Weidman is slightly better.

Jack has WAY better cardio tho and this is a 5 rounder.

It seems that the UFC does not want to give Weidman a win.

THis is a bad idea. It is sad to see a guy take these KOs and keep damaging his brain in vain. He will not get that title again, and looks like he wont even be a contender. If he still wants to compete he can do grappling super fights. There is now decent money in grappling matches. He has nothing to prove in MMA. He won a title and defended it and had some great matches.

You nailed it, there's no reason to continue when he has a family and a run of nasty KO losses. There is money to be made off his name in other ventures and he'd be wise to give that path a walk imo.

We wont see rockhold in a cage agsin ( grappling only .The type of damage done is indelible).
Chris is fighting Jack......and I dont even know if Chris will be favored ( whoever favored will be slight ). This is the proverbial " must win" for the Chris.

Really? Why?

I think Hermansson is the faster fighter. The way he worked Jacare was impressive and I expect him to do the same to Weidman.

Hermansson was handled against Cannonier who fought a great fight and has some real firepower. Thiago Santos finished him quickly a (somewhat) long time ago. I don’t think ”The Chris” has this kind of power anymore and he’s gotten slower.

And the cardio could make a difference as you pointed out.

I think Hermansson is the faster fighter. The way he worked Jacare was impressive and I expect him to do the same to Weidman.

Hermansson was handled against Cannonier who fought a great fight and has some real firepower. Thiago Santos finished him quickly a (somewhat) long time ago. I don’t think ”The Chris” has this kind of power anymore and he’s gotten slower.

And the cardio could make a difference as you pointed out.
Well.. yeah. This is a good fight. It would be close to a 50/50 in a 3 rounder.. but in a 5 rounder I have to go with Jack.

IDK why they keep doing this to Weidman. He should be fighting a guy like Tavares in a 3 rounds fight... but I guess he makes too much money for that.

Really? Why?

Hermanson has been able to defend TD's from everyone and has solid BJJ.
Furthermore his cardio is vastly superior and he has good enough standup to stop Chris's attempts.
It's a lock for Jack.

Back