Chris Weidman’s Next Middleweight Opponent

And now he moves back....
<{clintugh}>
The Chris is really desperate for a win.
Will probably try featherweight when he lost the next one.

If he was really desperate for a win he wouldn’t have gone up to LHW

<1>

He beat Gastelum recently. Let's not forget.

It’s not really about whether he can win a fight here and there though. He’s had good moments in a lot of fights. The problem is that he’s getting his head cracked open left and right.

The Rockhold fight is one of the worst sustained beatings I can remember. You've gotta consider how brutal peak Luke’s gnp was, and Weidman ate a ridiculous amount of it.

Then the Yoel KO, which is about a hard as a person can get hit by a single strike. That’s up there with Rashad-Salmon.

The Reyes and Jacare KO’s would qualify as the worst KO loss most fighters have ever had.

Then you have his “good” nights, in which he survived the Kelvin knockdown and was able to go home early after the controversial Mousasi knees.

In basically every fight of those SIX he’s at best in a war that involves knockdowns and at worst absorbing record-level damage.

I’m sure he can record a good win or two. Maybe he beats Jack. Maybe even gets past Cannonier with superior wrestling (these are clearly “maybes” at this point too). But he might also get slept by Derek Brunson or Uriah Hall (I mean, would that surprise you at all?). And even if he does win a couple in a row, what’s the end game? Getting absolutely murked by Whittaker, Costa it Adesanya?

I don’t know what his financial situation is, and what his contract and endorsement deals look like. It might be highly desirable or even necessary for him to continue to fight. If that’s the case, I really think he should face guys who aren’t going to hurt him and potentially shorten or reduce the quality of his life. Tavares, Heinisch, Carlos Jr., Vettori. That’s the level I would be comfortable with. If he beats two guys like that, then sure, I guess he deserves a chance to fight a top 4-5-6-ish guy. But this seems like its inevitably gonna end with doctors waking his ass up again.

His next opponent at any weight is gonna be CTE, my boy is done

lets put a question mark in the title there champ

He beat Gastelum recently. Let's not forget.
yes, we'll give him that.. but Gastelum has found ways to come up short lately in a few fights.. his value has dropped

For his sake, hopefully someone without KO power.

He should fight the airbag that knocked out BJ Penn.

Chris Weidman’s Next Middleweight Opponent

source.gif

A lone punching bag hanging in the middle of the octagon to ensure he won't get Ko'ed again...

Anderson SIlva for the rematch of all the rematches

Chris Weidman has recently announced that he is returning to middleweight and targeting a fight in April. Who do you think he should fight then? He is currently unranked at both 185 and 205
THis is a bad idea. It is sad to see a guy take these KOs and keep damaging his brain in vain. He will not get that title again, and looks like he wont even be a contender. If he still wants to compete he can do grappling super fights. There is now decent money in grappling matches. He has nothing to prove in MMA. He won a title and defended it and had some great matches.

Back