Chris Lytle appreciation thread

He'd probably still take a good fight on short notice. Got out due to rigorous training schedules and UFC politics.

I started liking this guy way too late in his career. Shame on me.

He failed ONE non wada appoved lab test and passed numerous others (3?) that were from WADA approved labs.
The drug - marijuana - is not banned out of competition, and a urine test cannot prove when he used, you kind of needt to prove when he used if you are going to ban him for using in a time period. So the test cannot prove he used 'in competition'.
So he passed a majority of tests from approved labs (ie did not use). Failed a test from a shit lab - and mishandled the detail protocol on the test I might add.
He got banned as a disgusting abuse of power from self righteous idiots, for basically being a 'thug'.

i meant the gomi fight.

GOAT come to fight every time type of fighter, win or lose he gave you a great fight every single time.

Hats off to "Lights out" Lytle, one of my all time favorite fighters.

Humble and tough with understated talent. I can't imagine being a fan of this sport without having a tremendous amount of respect for Chris Lytle.

There's not much for me to say that hasn't been said. He was an awesome fighter and seems like a great human too. So much respect for that guy.

To this day I'm still salty that Koscheck beat him and that his fight with Alves was stopped (via cut if I remember correctly).

I was super happy that he went out on a win. Perfect note to end a great career on.

i thought the ufc did him somewhat dirty when they matched him up with hughes.

hughes had teh style to smother chris's style, and it was a shitty fight, due entirely to hughes. i cant say i blame him, if i were fighting a tough and talented sumbitch like lytle, im taking zero risks, but seemed to come a high point in chris's exposure and could have been a significant turning point in his career had he won that fight or fought a really entertaining and tough fight against another opponent.

imagine if chris had a lights out battle on that card instead of hughes? I would have loved to have seen him fight drew or teh hitman (weightclasses be damed lol) on that card--his popularity would have sky rocketed, but instead ufc used his growing popularity to get hughes over with the fans.

Agreed that Lytle is one of the few fighters that retired at the perfect time.

War Lights Out!!

Chris-Lytle.jpg

Don't see his name thrown around enough online. Dude was awesome. Happy he went out how he did with that sub win. One of my favorite subs of all time is him vs Matt Brown. Respect alwas
their 2nd fight is one of my favorites. Both guys were swinging hard as fuck. Brown almost got his revenge with a sweet darce and then the finishing sub was freaking brilliant. Even Lytle first ufc run was fun. He beat either Tiki or Ronald Juhn with a bulldog choke which is another great sub you don't see often

Edit: shit someone posted the gif above. It was Tiki and that dude has always rubbed me the wrong way

I always enjoyed Chris Lytle fights. Lots of respect for anybody that is/was a firefighter.

l0MYzLpCviJzbLi2A.gif

l0MYzvAeO4HyjB0qI.gif

His fight against Thiago Alves is underrated as fuck WAR LIGHTS OUT

alveslegkickslytle_medium.gif

A number of WW are in the news and at the forefront of mma consciousness (for good reasons and bad--tyron not wanting to fight wonderboy as he is hoping to get paid, nick diaz coming back fron yet another suspension stemming from flagrant rule violation, and so many others).

These recent events got me to thinking of WW from yesterday and yesteryear, and one of the WW and fighters generally that I always supported and respect was Chris Lytle.

He wasnt flashy, he wasnt showy, and he wasnt talky, he was just a really, really tough guy that fought anyone they asked him to and reveled in competition.

Everytime I think of Chris, I cant help but imagine him walk in to the gym with a steel lunch box and a big thermos like so many people walk to the jobsite.

His mentality and work ethic earned him the respect of many of his peers, and many fans, and he was never submitted or koed.

He was a real life hero (a firefighter in Indy), and a helluva gritty guy.

In today's world of social media and WW and their "brands" and their lack of respect for rules, I think it is an approrpiate time to tip our hats to Chris Lytle.

Cheers Chris!!
wait bro do u have Maroon 5 for your avatar?

War Lights Out Lytle!

chris-lytle_kyle-bradley.gif

He was the ultimate journeyman but he had a cool career arc where in the last few years he just said fuck it he's gonna have the most exciting fights and go more for bonuses than wins. And he went on a nice win streak and ended up going out on an awesome win over Hardy. Dude was a total badass and it's always a good thing to see these guys walk away on their own terms.

no, i have adam levine, the lead singer of maroon 5 as my avatar.

my 10,001 post (above) was about maroon 5.

sometimes there is a beautiful logic to the universe that we cant understand, but, with the right kind of eyes, we are lucky enough to brush up against it and recognize at least a bit of it.

Echo comments here... Chris is one of my favs and is sorely missed.

Met him in Vegas during 200 fight week absolutely the coolest fucking guy.

him vs. a young lawler was a great fight- mutual respect on both ends. Lytle went out on top like a boss.... his match vs shields at sub underground was cool too

True fighter with amazing ground game based on catch wrestling which is something most people don't know

Back