Chris Lytle appreciation thread

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A number of WW are in the news and at the forefront of mma consciousness (for good reasons and bad--tyron not wanting to fight wonderboy as he is hoping to get paid, nick diaz coming back fron yet another suspension stemming from flagrant rule violation, and so many others).

These recent events got me to thinking of WW from yesterday and yesteryear, and one of the WW and fighters generally that I always supported and respect was Chris Lytle.

He wasnt flashy, he wasnt showy, and he wasnt talky, he was just a really, really tough guy that fought anyone they asked him to and reveled in competition.

Everytime I think of Chris, I cant help but imagine him walk in to the gym with a steel lunch box and a big thermos like so many people walk to the jobsite.

His mentality and work ethic earned him the respect of many of his peers, and many fans, and he was never submitted or koed.

He was a real life hero (a firefighter in Indy), and a helluva gritty guy.

In today's world of social media and WW and their "brands" and their lack of respect for rules, I think it is an approrpiate time to tip our hats to Chris Lytle.

Cheers Chris!!

He was a real badass, one of the few fighters to leave on a high note. Too bad he never got that title shot.

Dude was like Phil Baroni w/out the pizazz.

{<buffer}

I am not impressed with your performance

In. Chris was a real warrior. I agree with the first reply, it would have been nice to see him getting a shitle tot.

(I'm never saying "title shot" again after another user here reminded me that Thiago Alves asked for a fucking "shitle tot" haha.)

Don't see his name thrown around enough online. Dude was awesome. Happy he went out how he did with that sub win. One of my favorite subs of all time is him vs Matt Brown. Respect alwas

id have liked to see chris vs condit.

2 tough, tough dudes.

The man was a real warrior. He never called in sick or injured. He's as tough as nails. It's a shame he never got the money he deserves. He's a future UFC hall of famer for sure and I'm glad I saw him competed.

13.gif

tumblr_m9afrxPkG21ry1rm7o1_250.gif

2qxnu3o_medium.gif

insta7.gif

He's as bad as they come.

Loved that he went out on a dominant win and typical Lytle war!

Was 1 of my favorite fighters.He had legit skills anywhere the fight went to win.Always enjoyed his fights.win or lose he came to fight.

Always liked Lytle, put on some great fights.

Plus he did this to that intolerable douchebag Tiki Ghosn:

insta7.gif

Does he hold the record for bonuses received? He always earned them.

Lytle was an avatar of the Just Bleed God. Always came to fight.

I love Lytle Appreciation threads

the GOAT (Grittiest). Also one of the most versatile. He's one of my favorite all-time fighters.

18 losses, the majority in the UFC... NEVER finished.

so in. I absolutely love Lytle. He was on 'the comeback' TUF season and lost the final to Serra because of foot stomps. Said that changed him. it did. Fights after were wreckless in the way you want a fight wreckless

One of my favourite all time fighters.......never had to worry about him showing up and highly skilled.

He had the perfect end to his career. I would have liked to see the Condit fight

He had the perfect end to his career. I would have liked to see the Condit fight
yup,-- and, really- he should have beaten Serra 1 (TUF finale) and the *u--hhh* stoppage to Koscheck. Lytle deserved a title shot-- i heard he wanted to fill in for an event recently. would love to see him un-retire for a short-notice fight that wouldn't tarnish his legacy whilst giving us another great performance

Lytle is definitely on my favorite fighters list. Just loved his attitude and the fact that he went for it in his fights.

Back