Chris Leben workout video for his fight against Derek Brunson

I see the fight going similar to Leben Vs. Wand. This guy has a better chance than Wand though.

A focused Crippler could be a scary thing. Can't wait to see him fight.

Not bad. Looks like he might be sending Silva back to Japan after all.

Good luck to his opponent. He's going to need it.

im a huge leben fan seeing him training seriously is awesome he has the tools to do much more than he has, but the last time he was looking that ripped he pissed hot im hoping hes doing it right

Jacare knocked down Brunson and Leben has more power I think.

Brunson was quite probably bracing himself against some grappling magic, from obvious reasons, while he got clipped. Leben certainly has scary brawling prowess, power and strength, but Jacare actually has at least as sharp striking, technically.

I would definitely favor Chris, but Derek is tempting bet. Good wrestler, very quick on his feet as well. May just steal the UD.

drugs and getting punched in the face is not a good combination. Knowing Lebens track record and history of the damaging wars he's been in should be a enough to not ever jump on his band wagon no matter what he's doing to better himself, mma wise. He's not consistant enough to ever favor him unless he's fighting another brawler. Don be surprised if he gets ktfo in this one.

brunson is my upset pick for tomorrow night. late replacement. ufc debut. has faced top calibur opponents. wrestling base that can repeatedly take leben down. 2 losses in a row, DOES NOT want a third.

brunson by sd upset!

EDIT: Plus what person above me said, with leben's previous damage and drug abuse problems.

drugs and getting punched in the face is not a good combination. Knowing Lebens track record and history of the damaging wars he's been in should be a enough to not ever jump on his band wagon no matter what he's doing to better himself, mma wise. He's not consistant enough to ever favor him unless he's fighting another brawler. Don be surprised if he gets ktfo in this one.

I think Leben will be motivated to put on a good show. As for Brunson, the other posters were right about him looking for Jacare to grapple and Brunson knows Leben won't take him to the ground.

The line is fishy with LEben being favorite -150 only.

brunson is my upset pick for tomorrow night. late replacement. ufc debut. has faced top calibur opponents. wrestling base that can repeatedly take leben down. 2 losses in a row, DOES NOT want a third.

brunson by sd upset!

EDIT: Plus what person above me said, with leben's previous damage and drug abuse problems.

Interesting. I thought Leben would roll over this guy but I guess not. Should be a very good fight for sure. Highly intrigued

WAR CAT SMASHER!!! i am pumped to see my boy Leben back in action, Leben first round KO wild left hook.

Interesting. I thought Leben would roll over this guy but I guess not. Should be a very good fight for sure. Highly intrigued

dont get me wrong, the odds are correct here, leben deserves to be the favorite. he should win this, and probably will. i just think there are enough variables and things that favor brunson in this fight that a small bet is justified imo.

Tough to say from a compilation how refined it really is, but he is certainly putting very very hard work in. This trainer is really pulling out all the stops for sure. For me personally there seems to be too much conflicting work going on in the same sessions though. Endurance, strength endurance, chore work, balance work and plyometrics as well as more regular speed training, etc. all in the same session - that seems to be too many goals at once. It will get him in great shape, sure and pretty close to his best on all the different things, but will he really improve on it all? I'd think Chris is a little too advanced to still be able to get better at everything at once by training everything at once. I really don't think he will get stronger and faster with more endurance from this kind of training.

I certainly expect Leben to be in top shape judging from this here, but I think different phases with a different focus for each and multiple sessions geared towards mainly one thing would still be better for a more advanced guy like Leben. He should try to maintain most qualities, while allocating the most time on improving something specific, preferably speed this close to a fight. It would be a better course of action in my mind. But then again, it could be what they are doing. It's tough to tell from a compilation like this. I'd would absolutely love to know more about the trainer and his philosophies though. Who is he? The guy really did pick some great movements and put almost all the great machines into his gym that I could think off. My ideal home gym would look like this + the machine for reverse hypers. Still that trainer build a highly functional gym for athletic development in what little room he has.

Last edited:
Back