Chris Leben waxed some dude in 25 seconds last night

The guy he fought lost his last 37 fights.

giphy.gif

Bellator or Rizin need to sign him and put him up vs Manhoef, French Machida, etc.

Show some goddamn respect to the first and only main event winner of WAR MMA, the glorious promotion of Nick Diaz.

Leben also landed one nasty eye poke but I don't think it really mattered.

Hope he gets paid.

That was the other promotion Bas Rutten was part of. We went to that event in Casper. Leben smoked Phil Baroni. This promotion has had 5 shows now so it seems like it may be gaining some traction.

That was the other promotion Bas Rutten was part of. We went to that event in Casper. Leben smoked Phil Baroni. This promotion has had 5 shows now so it seems like it may be gaining some traction.

Yes thats the second dodgy promotion Bas has been involved with. Hes a bit sus.

The guy he fought was a total can but it was amazing to see Leben back to true form. Wanderli'd that poor man. Good to see the Cat smasher throw down.

Justin baesman is a known mma fighter lol fought for KOTC and Bellator not super successful recently on an 11 fight skid but he is definetly known .

Catch weight fight hence the size difference.

Justin baesman is a known mma fighter lol fought for KOTC and Bellator not super successful recently on an 11 fight skid but he is definetly known .

Catch weight fight hence the size difference.
Haha I dont doubt it but in terms of pro fighters he seems to be a verified can. That guy would merk me but I'm just saying.

Haha I dont doubt it but in terms of pro fighters he seems to be a verified can. That guy would merk me but I'm just saying.

Just pointing out theres a difference between an older journeyman and a can.

A can is like that 44yr old gypsy looking fuck who fought on the prelims lol Justin is in fact a professional fighter that has fought for multiple orgs and deserves atleast a bit of love.

Just pointing out theres a difference between an older journeyman and a can.

A can is like that 44yr old gypsy looking fuck who fought on the prelims lol Justin is in fact a professional fighter that has fought for multiple orgs and deserves atleast a bit of love.
Fair enough. Even better for Leben then lol.. he just walked him down like prime leben and folded him like a lawn chair. It was glorious

Damn, that shouldve been stopped probably before he got the clinch. It was over when he hit him with the first bomb. Oh well, he'll live

The guy he fought was a total can but it was amazing to see Leben back to true form. Wanderli'd that poor man. Good to see the Cat smasher throw down.

Leben going to be a force in bareknuckle boxing. Granite chin, hits pretty hard and in that small ass ring.

Baesman was a good fighter in his Bellator tournament days. He might've had some injuries and lost that fire to train as hard as possible for an extra 1k every couple months and a chance to make it into a bigger show again one day.
And beating Baesman quicker than anyone else in Baesman's career is a good accomplishment.

I've also always wondered how Leben would do if he worked on his boxing more... although he was such a sloppy brawler for so many of his fights (I think his addiction problems might have had something to do with that, poor in-fight decisions and lackluster training and whatnot), he had a real good sense of timing with his counter-left. Despite, at 5'11, being a shorter middleweight with a lackluster reach, and eschewing head-movement. He rocked Sexyama with it, and it produced the Terry Martin KO.

Leben's clinch-wrestling skill was probably the most underrated aspect of his entire game; he might've gotten taken down from there a number of times, but you can count on one hand the number of fights he was outmuscled in the clinch. And, along with his giant back, his sophomore bareknuckle fight shows why. It was his #1 aim in most of his fights; get into clinch/apply collar tie/hooks+uppercuts.

He also looked a lot sharper in a lot of his old sparring footage with the Team Quest guys; a lot more crisp than you'd expect given his biggest UFC fights. And he was never the fastest guy, so slowing down as he gets older shouldn't be a problem as long as he's still got power. If he's able to keep up the hard training camps, Leben's handwrap boxing-- I mean bareknuckle boxing career could take a really impressive, unique turn.

He looked good in there, I could see him having some success in this bare knuckle fc. It really was good to see him back.

Back