Chris Leben "It was frustrating the way Brunson fought"

As a huge, never ending, fan of Leben - he fought like crap. Worst fight I've ever seen him in. Whatever happened in camp/travel/gameplan didn't work.

Brunson was brought in on 2 weeks notice and was a Strikeforce fighter so, really, one loss and he was out. I dont blame him one bit for playing it safe and ensuring another paycheck.

People need to realize the Strikeforce fighters already have one foot in the grave.

This is like the only post fight vid I could find of Leben for you guys. Seems frustrated with the way Brunson fought but says fans have helped with postive comments. Really good in depth interview with him on the changes he has made as a person. glad to see he is in a better place.

This happens every year with him....

It may be frustrating, but you have to be able to neutralize good grappling games to get the fight where you want it. Chris doesn't seem to be able to quite get to the next level because he doesn't adapt to what is happening.

Brunson fought the only way he could to avoid getting KTFO. I don't blame him, he was clearly inferior in a brawling match so he didn't brawl. Sure, it was a boring fight and I wouldn't give a single ball of shit if I never saw Brunson fight again, but Leben should have expected that this guy wasn't going to stand and trade with him for fuck's sake.

It was frustrating to watch but you need TDD in this game.

Hopefully he'll come back give him a stand up fighter like Mayhem next.

have you seen mayhem recently? and miller's primarily a grappler or at least used to be when he was a fighter lol.

the way leben fought was equally frustrating, just winging haymakers and not piecing together combos or anything. I'll give him a pass since he hasnt fought in a while, hopefully he shores it up because he's hella exciting when he's on

I hated the fight and was rooting for Leben. No time for Brunson at the time, but in hindsight, Leben looked appalling and Brunson at least stuck to his gameplan well.

had to walk away from this fight and go puff on a cigar. was too frustrating to watch

leben look horrible, brunson didnt look like a ufc caliber fighter.

Leben only had himself to blame. He fought horribly.

Walking forward swinging one big haymaker at a time.

Disappointing!

Wrestlers wrestle, man. Really can't complain about Brunson's performance- Chris should have come better prepared to defend the takedown. Brunson wasn't all that impressive after gassing, but he hardly LNP'd Chris in the first round- he was beating him soundly, I thought.

Second time Leben has come off a long suspension and second time he's looked like shit in the first fight back.

I like Leben and felt bad when he gave such a poor performance I really hope it is cage rust, but you cant really blame your opponent for a boring fight. If they neutralise you its your fault not theirs.

Where Leben trains? And who the fuck is his striking coach?

The only fight I liked from Leben is his fight against Anderson Silva, which shows how much he sucks. he's a walking punching bag, he has a great chin but that's all.

Back