Chris Honeycutt: How High Is The Ceiling?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Arkridge, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Chris Honeycutt, 5-0 overall in MMA, including 4 finishes. Really strong wrestler, really strong ground and pound. Seems very strong for the weight class, he's scheduled to go up against another undefeated prospect in Clayton McFarlane at Bellator 133 in early February. I personally think he wins his 6th straight with some more strong wrestling and ground and pound. After watching him in his Bellator debut, I think his wrestling base alone and overall brute strength will carry him through Bellator's low level 170lbs weight class.

How far do you think he can go as a Bellator fighter and how far do you see him taking his MMA career overall?

2. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

He'll be one of Bellators best WW this year, top 3 in the div in Bellator, who knows he might even be champ one day.

Still young in his career so this next year will be big as he starts to take steps up in competition.

But with Bellators WW div not being very deep he should be right at the top by 2016.

3. Arkridge

I agree with you. I love how he can implement a wrestling based gameplan and still remain exciting. He has some awesome slams and suplexes, and absolutely relentless with the ground and pound. Exciting ground and pound and takedowns is so refreshing.

4. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

Yeah he is a promising prospect for sure, some good fights at WW for him in Bellator too.

5. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Also think his ceiling is higher than MVP's, alot higher.

6. Arkridge

Yeah, a strong wrestling base is to thank for that.

7. theanticool

theanticool Brown Belt

Think he wins the belt eventually. He's not there yet though and with 170lbs not really having the depth it could, I think he might lose a fight or two beforehand because he takes a tough match-up too early.

8. Greco_Wiz

Greco_Wiz Brown Belt

Big fan of his. His wrestling seems to have transitioned well into mma. Only thing that may hold him back is his camp. Pretty sure he trains at Koscheck's Dethrone camp. Not an overwhelming amount of talent there currently. Would love to see him end up at Jackson's, ATT or AKA.

9. ProBoxingInsidr

ProBoxingInsidr Silver Belt

chris is a pretty cool dude. he has come to the mayweather boxing club a few times when he is in town. here he is from just over a year ago:

10. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

I can't believe he's fighting at 170 he must be huge for that weightclass. He seemed like a pretty big 184lber in college.

Edit- I just double checked and he took 2dn at 197lbs his senior year.

11. Slongkong

Slongkong Brown Belt

he'll be number 2 behind Lima. I wish they gave him a tougher test though likes jesse Juarez or Paul Bradley