Chris Gonzales Best LW Prospect

KeeSmyth

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Watching Bellator prelims you had two excellent LW prospects going at it with Gonzales vs Tokov. Extremely close fight that could gone either way but was very impressed by both. Gonzales is top notch wrestler who is still only 5-0 and training at TAM. I think the way he is progressing he could be too LW in next 2-3 years. Who do you guys think is best LW prospect out there?

I really, really like Mason Jones personally.

I was very impressed by both of them but Tokov was robbed in that fight. I have no idea what the judges were seeing, partucularly the one who saw it 30-27 for Gonzalez.
They both have a future in Bellator, that LW desperatly needs some new blood. That divison is in shambles, specially with the departure of Chandler.

Imo for fighters under 25 and outside the UFC I would go...

Mason Jones - 25 (9-0)
Shamil Musaev - 24 (14-0) - I'd promote him to 1st if he manages to beat Gamrot.
Iuri Lapicus - 25 (14-0)
Christian Lee - 22 (13-3)
Yusup Raisov - 25 (16-1)

Mateusz Legierski (23yo) - OKTAGONMMA LW Champion (6-0)

Experiences before professional career - (63-3) Amateur MMA , 1x Champion of Poland in Jiu-Jitsu, Pro K1(1-0)

His plan is to achieve 10-0 and sign with UFC

Last edited:

Experiences before professional career - (63-3) Amateur MMA , 1x Champion of Poland in Jiu-Jitsu, Pro K1(1-0)

Lol...nope. look very amaturish in his skill set...he gets beat by the first guy in this post

Lol...nope. look very amaturish in his skill set...he gets beat by the first guy in this post

Make this fight and ill go all in on Legierski ..

btw its just highlights video and Legierski definitely fought with better competition then Gonzales and his next opponent is going to be Lajoš Klein -FW/LW belt fight (Klein was standby for fight with Zabit)

Last edited:

.....that is crazy

Back