Media Chris Camozzi describes his ACA fighting experience

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

The fact that they get paid in cash basically confirms that it's money laundering operation, same way fighters in Pride got paid with cash

In regards to fighting current champ Muslim Magomedov

I don't get the impression that Muslim Magomedov juices, he passes the eye test anyway.

There's a lot of ACA fighters who have what I call USADA back, I can't describe it that well but if you look at Pobrezhets from behind he's a prime example of what I mean.

I mean its russia lol
Even the olympic athletes gets juiced there, let alone fighters from regional promotions

If that were an American hospital they would have told him to get f***ed if he didn't have an insurance card.

Interesting but not entirely surprising.

ACA is still one of the best Orgs out there, entertainment wise, imo.

Yea an I don't even blink at PEDs anymore... That game is too far rooted ta bother.

ACA and KSW known for Steroids. Any org that doesn't do regular testing. . But some seem to be proud of it.

I don't get the impression that Muslim Magomedov juices, he passes the eye test anyway.
I mean, at this point it's farily obvious how inaccurate the eye test is. Don't think a single ACA champ is clean, no testing aside, most of them come from camps that have a close relationship to the org itself. Shady dealings in their favor is a given.

At the end of the day he got free health care.

Paid in cash and got free health care. Sounds like a win win situation to me

Most Russian organisations seem pretty shady ngl. No doubt the level of competition is high, but the organisations themselves can seem a bit shady.

Same with Japanese promotions imo.

I mean, at this point it's farily obvious how inaccurate the eye test is. Don't think a single ACA champ is clean, no testing aside, most of them come from camps that have a close relationship to the org itself. Shady dealings in their favor is a given.

I think it depends on the long term plans of the fighter, if they don't have ambitions beyond Russia then they'll juice a lot, if they want to make the UFC they probably won't.

From what I understand some (Russian) fighters doesn't even have contracts with promotions, I think Shlemenko doesn't signed any papers with Khabib's EFC and just believes words of Khabib. I think the same is with FNG and some fighters there, I think situation was the same with ACB, but after multiple fighters were forgetting what they promised to head of promotion they started to sign contracts. So I can understand why they pay in cash.

Regarding testing -- ACA is pretty vocal that they want drug testing, but for all/multiple Russian promotions. Obviously no other promotion wants that.

If that were an American hospital they would have told him to get f***ed if he didn't have an insurance card.

no they wouldnt, they would help him and even let him walk out as he did in Russia…and then send him something in the mail that says “get fucked”

I think it depends on the long term plans of the fighter, if they don't have ambitions beyond Russia then they'll juice a lot, if they want to make the UFC they probably won't.
I think the vast majority use because they know if they don't their chances of losing goes up pretty considerably. It's essentially the prisoners dilemma. Those that want to try to join the UFC will cycle off/change regimen when they're planning to jump. Whenever a Russian champ vacates their title they probably make sure their piss is clean before they make it official.

Back