Chris Byrd unretiring?

He should fight Mir in BKFC
Bro Byrd weighs 155 pounds now, Mir is like 270s when he doesnt cut weight.

Byrd has gone insane Im watching his instagram and the guy looks like a deteriorating person who is on a hunger strike yet in each video he is boasting and bragging that he can compete and that his body is impressive, that weed must have him deluded cause his muscles are wasting away, he doesn't have enough protein and nutrients from his raw vegan diet to sustain his muscles or neurological health.

He is only 50 yet looks 80, yet he thinks he looks good, thats how you know he smokin that good stuff.

Is it a real comeback or some publicity stunt?
He was one of my favorite fighters but not sure if it would really be a good thing for him to box again.
I sparred the guy at his dad's gym in Flint when I was an amateur kid and he was a veteran pro. I am now an old man. I have a back ache. That is all.

Last edited:
Bro Byrd weighs 155 pounds now, Mir is like 270s when he doesnt cut weight.

Byrd has gone insane Im watching his instagram and the guy looks like a deteriorating person who is on a hunger strike yet in each video he is boasting and bragging that he can compete and that his body is impressive, that weed must have him deluded cause his muscles are wasting away, he doesn't have enough protein and nutrients from his raw vegan diet to sustain his muscles or neurological health.

He is only 50 yet looks 80, yet he thinks he looks good, thats how you know he smokin that good stuff.

Literally looks like a crackhead who has never thrown a punch. The guy who gets beaten down by the locals for stealing shit in broad daylight.

Sad. Someone needs to sit his delusional ass down before someone bounces his head off the pavement in the street.

Literally looks like a crackhead who has never thrown a punch. The guy who gets beaten down by the locals for stealing shit in broad daylight.

Sad. Someone needs to sit his delusional ass down before someone bounces his head off the pavement in the street.
Yes its sad and those bozo on his instagarm are praising his body, I looked at the comments and most of them are those militant Vegans. They just happy a former champion boxer is a raw vegan and will give them false praise the guy doesn't look good for his height or build he looks like an 80 yr old now, they gassing him up. lets just hope nobody sanctions his fight he could get seriously hurt.

He just dropped this video yesterday
https://www.picuki.com/media/2400643826463448283
lol at him saying I hate these gloves when he doesn't have enough power to land on the guys stomach, he blames the gloves but at least he said im getting old after. He is so frail and has no power or strength, if someone actually signs him to fight Im hoping their is a boycott, he could die in there. I heard is he calling out Oscar De La Hoya for a fight at 154 or 160.

Is it a real comeback or some publicity stunt?
He was one of my favorite fighters but not sure if it would really be a good thing for him to box again.

Unfortunately what made Chris great was his exceptional reflexes, defense, and counter punching speed. He used to drive me crazy getting into dangerous position with these giants and then slick his way around slipping and sliding, moving head, leaning all around. That is a YOUNG mans game. Power is the last to go, reflexes are the first. I say chin's are right after reflexes. I could be wrong but the only older 40+ fighter I remember that still had a chin was Foreman. And there is nothing normal about George, so I don't use him as a comparative baseline for anybody.

Unfortunately what made Chris great was his exceptional reflexes, defense, and counter punching speed. He used to drive me crazy getting into dangerous position with these giants and then slick his way around slipping and sliding, moving head, leaning all around. That is a YOUNG mans game. Power is the last to go, reflexes are the first. I say chin's are right after reflexes. I could be wrong but the only older 40+ fighter I remember that still had a chin was Foreman. And there is nothing normal about George, so I don't use him as a comparative baseline for anybody.
Duran and sugar ray robinson and larry Holmes did ok chin wise. Duran was kayoed once but decrepit when it happened

When Byrd won his olympic medal, he was 22. and he was competing in the 165 division. In the pro level, the super middleweight division is 168... let that sink in.

in his debut he stopped cutting weight to fight comfortable at LHW, and after 3 fights he said fuck it lets go balls deep.

Duran and sugar ray robinson and larry Holmes did ok chin wise. Duran was kayoed once but decrepit when it happened

Yep - good catch and true. But I really have serious doubts about that vegan looking musculature and chin being able to absorb any sort of top 20 fighters blows. He doesn't look right.

Back