Chris Barnett finally signs with the UFC, fights Rothwell on May 22nd

Heavyweight MMA is such an embarrassment.

We're shuffling around the old farts of yesteryear because the pay sucks. A 40 year old Rothwell on a 2-4 run is somehow still in the UFC.

So long as 18% of revenue are going to fighters, we're not going to get guys this size of a suitably young age and athleticism choose MMA as their first option.

Why wouldn't Rothwell be in the UFC? He may be ugly and have an ugly style but dude KO'd Overrem and sub'd Barnett. I do agree with HW sucking in general though but I don't think Rothwell is the worst, he's just old.

Wow I can't believe he's at heavyweight.

He's not the goat but believe me when I say that dude is a fuckin PROBLEM.

All fatties are a problem. They are very limited but have strong KO power.

He's still only 34 and for HW that isn't really that old. I'm interested. Rothwell isn't very good anymore so hes got a real shot here.

Some years too late because the hype train lost some steam when he got knocked out few times in Asia. That being said it's fun to see him in the octagon at last

Why wouldn't Rothwell be in the UFC? He may be ugly and have an ugly style but dude KO'd Overrem and sub'd Barnett. I do agree with HW sucking in general though but I don't think Rothwell is the worst, he's just old.

Barnett and Overeem were old farts too.

He's 40 with a 2-4 record. You don't see old farts of yesteryear getting shuffled around lightweight, because it has literally twice the depth in roster.

So long as we pay these guys peanuts, we're not going to attract suitably young athletes of that size to choose MMA.

Back