Chris Barnett finally signs with the UFC, fights Rothwell on May 22nd

Bet the house on Rothwell he will take Chris down and smash him within 2 minutes.

I was present in Knoxville when Chris made his debut at XFC 8 REGIONAL CONFLICT,
at the time I was going to the same gym as Ovince Saint Preux and he pulled off a wicked calf slicer that night.

This is the happiest day of my life!!! I too made a thread many years ago about Beast Boy omg it finally HAPPENED..

Reactions: TCE
At first I read it as Charles Bennett, as in Krazy Horse and was like
<TheWire1>

This is just as much of a surprise though!

Reactions: TCE
Me neither. Shows you how stupid Dana is that he signs him now at his worst.

Guaranteed that it was just down to aesthetics. Dana hated Roy Nelson, when he was in his prime and a legit top 10 HW who produced a bunch of KOs, just because of his body type.

Holy shit that’s so awesome! Love Chris! What a great addition to the ufc. Also amazing welcome fight. Battle of the bellies.

I never thought a journeyman SHW would make it but I thought this guy would be a fun addition to the HW division. His striking is varied, flashy, and pretty athletic. The rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired, but its HW lol.

I remember when he ducked cro cop several years back even though he had 100 pounds on him

How in the F-

Was expecting the roided up little brother of Josh Barnett.

Heavyweight MMA is such an embarrassment.

We're shuffling around the old farts of yesteryear because the pay sucks. A 40 year old Rothwell on a 2-4 run is somehow still in the UFC.

So long as 18% of revenue are going to fighters, we're not going to get guys this size of a suitably young age and athleticism choose MMA as their first option.

Back