Choosing a new place to train in Vegas.

Stallone

White Belt
Reaction score
I got a quick question for anyone who lives in the Vegas area. I am moving to Las Vegas in the next month or two and upon looking up BJJ schools in Vegas I noticed there are a large quality of great places to train. I am a blue belt and want to dedicate myself to BJJ solely. There is Drysdale, Legion, Cobra Kai, Mica, Sergio Penha, etc. etc. I am just curious if anyone who trains at these schools can tell me what they like about their schools, and also if anyone from other states would give me their opinions on which school they would want to go too if they too were living in Vegas. I love BJJ and am excited for my move for all the future opportunities to train with great BJJers. Thank you for any help.

I've been to Drysdale's and I loved it. Considering the fact that he's one of the most sought after seminar instructors and could easily just live traveling, Drysdale is there teaching the vast majority of classes. When he's not, Sonny is as well, who is a great, great instructor. The people are fun and they train hard. Would definitely recommend it.

go train with Fredson Paixao...best bjj in the damn universe. My cousin is still out there training with him. I was training with Professor Paixao and it's top notch. I am even trying to move back to vegas just so I can be back training under him once again.....oh I long for that day :*(

I'd go with drysdale only because I went to a seminar of his and I was blown away. Just listening to the guy talk about bjj gave me goosebumps. We all went out after the seminar too and he was a cool guy to hang with. Really though everything I like about drysdale probably applies to all the other schools you listed.

I would recommend Legion BJJ under Cameron Diffley. Its a great school with a good competitve and family attitude and everyone is always willing to help eachother out.

Thank you for all the input. I am heavily leaning towards Drysdales gym when I get down there, but I am I do wanna check out Fredson Paixao too. Thank You

I train over at mica so that would be the place i recommend for you.
Everyone is really nice and Mica is a very good instructor. We have 2 other black belts aside from Mica, about 3 browns , 4-5 purples, and plenty of blues. By the way this is all the charleston academy which is the one i go to, i know when you get unlimited classes you can train at any of the other 3 locations if you want to, 2 of which mica teaches himself and 1 that is taught by Don who is another one of Micas black belts.

Just try out as many places as you can in vegas and go from there. If you plan on coming to mica to try it out message me i have a free week pass i can give you. Good Luck!

1. Go to Vegas.
2. spit
3. See where it lands
4. train there
Personally, I'd like to train at Wand's gym.

Back