Choose 4 of the following

Knife (to many uses, sharpen tools, hunt, crafting), Fishing Rod (obviously to hunt for food assuming this Tropical Island has a river), Tent (use as shelter, raw supplies just in case), Cooking Pot (to cook food, purify water.)

You guys not picking Tent or Tarp would die pretty quick. You underestimate the threat of exposure.

My thought process behind no tent or tarp was that since it's tropical, I would have time before exposure would be an imminent threat. I'd think that I could build some basic kind of shelter within a day or two. I just refrained from picking things that could become obsolete or could be improvised.

My thought process behind no tent or tarp was that since it's tropical, I would have time before exposure would be an imminent threat. I'd think that I could build some basic kind of shelter within a day or two. I just refrained from picking things that could become obsolete or could be improvised.

My thought process was that with the immense heat, bugs, to random huge storms or hurricanes that you would be at a huge risk. And in a weakened position you might not have the energy to craft a makeshift hut. I'm thinking we aren't all Robinson Cruesoe here. At least with a Tarp or Tent if they start to wear out or get tattered you can use them as bandages, a splint, bandana or head band. Lots of uses.

I'm surprised that the hand saw isn't getting much love. Incredibly useful tool.

Hand saw
knife
Boots

I'm torn between the fishing rod, cooking pot, and rope for the last spot.

Fishing rod seems like a good choice, as I'd die of starvation before learning to spear fishes.
Flare gun
Tent
Hiking boots don't seem useful on a tropical island.
water purifier or
Tarp if it's the urban dictionary definiton of the word.

Knife
Pot
Fishing Rod
First Aid Kit
Jessica Alba

My thought process was that with the immense heat, bugs, to random huge storms or hurricanes that you would be at a huge risk. And in a weakened position you might not have the energy to craft a makeshift hut. I'm thinking we aren't all Robinson Cruesoe here. At least with a Tarp or Tent if they start to wear out or get tattered you can use them as bandages, a splint, bandana or head band. Lots of uses.

Tent has poles and spikes for driving in the ground, extra rope/string and often a shell that goes over the actual tent. To reference No Country for Old Men i want the one with the most poles.

I'm surprised that the hand saw isn't getting much love. Incredibly useful tool.

Hand saw
knife
Boots

I'm torn between the fishing rod, cooking pot, and rope for the last spot.

I replaced matches with the pot assuming I could start a fire with the dry tropical wood.

Knife
Matches
Pot
Fishing rod

Thought about a tarp/tent over fishing rod but figure I could make a good enough shelter myself.

Matches
Knife
Tent or tarp
Fishing rod

If you don't choose matches your a dumbass....how you gonna cook? Keep warm? Purify/de salinate your water???

I was wondering if you could simulate a magnifying glass with a mirror. That would be better than matches, unless you get infinite matches.

Bottom line is if you don't have fire, you're dead.

But i would just need the rifle so i could kill myself instead of being stuck on an island by myself.

Tent (obvious)
Knife (could probably make a spear to fish with)
Pot (cook shit and boil water)
First Aid kit

Surprising how many aren't taking the first-aid kit. In this scenario I'd probably die pretty quick anyway, but it'd suck to get a little scratch and die of infection or something.

How hard could it possibly be to start a fire with no tools on a tropical island in the rainy season? :rolleyes:

Is the water purifier for quick/easy desalination? Otherwise just boil the water in a pot to kill off the microbes and nasties in it. Also would the purifier cartridge eventually run out?

No point in choosing anything that runs out/limited supply of. Also consider things you could handmake like rudimentary shoes and fishing rod, and things that could have mutiple uses like the inflatable raft could be sun shelter, rain shelter, collect rain water etc.

Watching 31 seasons of Survivor they're aways given a pot, machete and usually given early chance to win tarp. So those would be my choices, plus the first aid kit. However seeing these choices, I have nothing to signal planes/ships with. How did I get stranded on this island - was it a plane crash and am I on a regular flight path? Shipwreck and if so does that mean I'm near shipping lanes? Will rescue be looking for me in the area?

Last edited:
Definites
Knife
Pot

"A" choices
Tarp
Rope

Possibilities
First aid kit
Mirror

Knife
Pot
Tent
To me, these three seem like essential choices: they're durable, multiple uses/needs, and address essential needs.

Last one toss up between fishing rod, rope, matches, saw.
Matches: everybody who says they can just start a fire on a tropical (i.e. potentially wet) island with no equipment is deluding themselves unless they've had extensive prior experience. Overtime, many of us could learn; but overcoming that initial hurdle will be hard. I think matches is it.

Fishing rod: everybody who thinks they can fish without a rod (and no other equipment) may get a painful reality check. Are you going to make your own rod, line and hooks? This is a close second.

Rope always has use.
Saw always has use.

Fuck it...

Weed
Matches
Raft
ipod

...peace out.

Saw, vitamins,rifle, first aid kit.

Pot: not only does it cook, I could probably rig it up for distillation of sea water, which allows me to bypass the water purifier
Fishing Rod: Seems like I have a better chance of catching fish than finding something shootable on the island
I'm torn between tarp, knife, first aid kit, and rope for the last two. Seems like you can't get the rope without also getting the knife.

why the fuck to people choose ipod? it doesn't say fully stocked with music ipod.
maybe it's just and emopty hard disk ipod. you just wasted a slot.

Back