Choke used in self-defense ends in death

The way I observe the clip, the bigger guy might have gotten mount.It was too blur to view clearly though.

Big guy attacked, little guy fought for his life.
The big guy was a victem of karma, not murder.

Can anybody jack that video and post it in a gif?

It was on the second link.

from what I see in the video that is deserable. the big dude is wearing a red shirt and yellow shorts.

the only thing they show with good enough quality is the big guy basically dragging someone quite a bit smaller than him onto a curb by some shrubs

the little guy appears to try some sort of double leg and gets pounded into the ground.

after that it does look like the big guy got at least a half mount if not full mount on the little dude.

the frame rate they showed was total crap. So it's really hard to tell.

from what I saw in the video, it appears the big guy was beating the crap out of the little guy.

Resendiz said:
I HIGHLY doubt a guy in the bottom who is an expert in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is at a disadvantage against a normal person in the street. It may not the the most advantageous position or the position hed rather be in, but make no mistake a BJJ expert is not in big danger when fightin against a regular street punk from his back.

Not arguing with the rest of your post, just this portion. If you're a BJJ expert you're staying on the bottom against strikes then there's a pretty good chance you are in danger.

Holy crap did you guys even watch the video? The army guy was no expert in BJJ and probably has little knowledge of BJJ. Just because he used the guillotine choke he's a fucking BJJ expert? Holy crap man. If the dude is 6'+ 275 attacking and body slamming then YES he is the agressor. The guy on the bottom was not an MMA fighter and no BJJ/Judo blackbelt. Just probably a guy who knew what a guillotine was. LOL @ the bottom dude while being body slammed and getting pounded still being considered an aggressor.

Resendiz said:
Obviously in this case the big guy was the agressor. But listen to the report, they seem to think that ANYONE on top is the agressor. 'He was on top therefore the agressor' type of thing..

You know I got to thinking about that. Maybe using the guard in the street really IS where you want to be if you want to fuck someone up real bad AND get away with it. You mount someone and bust their arm and witnesses will paint you as the bad guy. You let someone get the top position, let them briefly throw a few punches then kimura their shoulder into oblivion and you may very well get away with it. This of course assumes you have the skill to do all that without getting hurt first...

Guard in the street IMO is a bad idea unless it's on a grassy knoll or if someone left out mats by mistake.

if the guy was a bjj expert which i doubt he'd know better then to pull guard on pavement against someone 2x his size unless he had to in which case the big guy was the agressor

in either scenario a 275lb guy in anyway slamming you on concrete and then pounding you (whether someone pulls guard or not) is no different then someone beating you with a baseball bat its still deadly force and you should be able to choke them for as long as you have to without criminal liability

i mean what if the guy on top faked being choked out and the guy let him go then he proceeded to bash his head into the ground no reason someone should legally have to take that risk i would've done exactly the same thing and i would've held the choke until i was 100% sure he was out

on that note i feel bad for the guy who died he definitely did not deserve to loose his life over a stupid drunk brawl so RIP ... street fighting is for idiots thats not why we train bjj or any other ma hope people finally understand that

OK, don't know if the guy was a BJJ expert. But I do know he studied Combatives through the Army. We do not train our soldiers to go to the guard ala the Gracies. The guard is a position of last resort if you have to fight from the ground. Nobody I train goes to guard unless they have to.

infamous mattyd said:
run before fighting

Exactly. There is no pride or honor in street fighting, only complete stupidity. I feel bad for the parents, but they are the last people who should be interviewed for their opinion. Their opinion is literally worthless in this case because of their emotional attachment to their son.

I've read interviews where the parents of baby-rapers and child-killers make excuses on why their son was "that way" and he was "really a good person." Too fucking bad, your actions dictate how good you are, not how sweet you are in mommy and daddy's eyes.

On one hand, he didn't deserve death. On the other hand, he put himself in that position.

I hate to sound like an echo, but no way, and I mean no way would anybody, even somebody versed in BJJ want to pull guard in a parking lot. By far, that would be second worst place to pull guard, behind a bed of hot coals.

you can see from the parents comments why their son turned out to be such an asswipe, they should be tried for his murder cause they raised him to be the douche that got himself killed.

2om30 said:
Guard in the street IMO is a bad idea unless it's on a grassy knoll or if someone left out mats by mistake.

It's been established the guy was bodyslammed and forced into that position.

Moral of the story: Don't get out of your truck.

Why do we even assume he is some BJJ expert, or expert at anything. Its not like most chokes take a rocket scientist to figure out. Fear and instinct can go for a lot..he may of just gotten his arms around the guys neck and squeezed as hard as he could. Sorry for everybody involved but he should not started shit.

thecas said:
Wow then, a choke from under a huge guy. Most likely a cross collar choke. What do u all think?
im thinking it was a guillotine choke

Chokes are dangerous thats why when my friends ask me to teach them how to do them i prefer not to.....i mean im not exactly a expert in them any of you got any idea of how long i should hold a choke for i mean my Bjj instructor was a Vale Tudo fighter so hes not really to bothered about it.

Back