Choi Doo-ho - Next fight?!

Really enjoy watching the KSB fight, kid has dynamite in his hands

To be fair, the only really weak Aussie Nations fighters they've been recycling are Grujic and O'Reilly. Kelly/Matthews/Walsh have earned their spots in the UFC

Im fine with all 3 of those guys being in the UFC, but of their combined 8 wins only Akbarh Arreola is still in the UFC(and he's lost 3 of 4). Their losses have all come to solid guys though, so you can't say they haven't fought anyone. They are also all getting tough tests(Kelly vs Antonio Carlos Jr, Matthews vs Case, Walsh vs Andrade & O'Reilly vs Jouban) next month in Brisbane.

Choi calls out guys left and right and still can't get a fight scheduled. He wanted to fill in against Maximo Blanco when his opponent pulled out and instead they grabbed a 135er from RFA and had him go up a weight class to fight at 145. After his TKO of Sicilia he's called out Cub Swanson, Clay Guida, Tatsuya Kawajiri and Brian Ortega and Shelby gives him a big fuck you and won't schedule him again til November.

I think Silva would wreck shop and they would prefer to keep him down for now. He's hard to market right now because he doesn't speak English.

Choi calls out guys left and right and still can't get a fight scheduled. He wanted to fill in against Maximo Blanco when his opponent pulled out and instead they grabbed a 135er from RFA and had him go up a weight class to fight at 145. After his TKO of Sicilia he's called out Cub Swanson, Clay Guida, Tatsuya Kawajiri and Brian Ortega and Shelby gives him a big fuck you and won't schedule him again til November.
NOVEMBER???

oh youre talking about how his last fight was in november, right

but why he isnt scheduled again?

I was just Googling his name two days ago hoping he has something scheduled. Hopefully he doesn't have to do his military duties anytime soon.

That's obviously going to be an issue big time if he gets a bit of momentum going and he gets called up for national service.

By what age is he forced into national service?

This kid could be fighting every couple of months.

One of the best prospects in the UFC, IMO. He hits like an absolute truck, and I think no-one wants a piece of him.

And some of the cleanest boxing technique in MMA. he's every bit the boxer as Conor with way less mouth.

And some of the cleanest boxing technique in MMA. he's every bit the boxer as Conor with way less mouth.
Re-watched his whooping of Sicilia about an hour ago, and goddamn, his hands are nasty. Timing, distance, power, speed, and killer instinct of a top guy, and he's only 24. I think he's ready for a Top 15 already, but I could just be buying his hype too early.

Doo Ho Choi vs. Mandatory conscription.

Bye for 2 years, love, South Korea.

so athletes can get exemptions - get that belt Super Boy!

Yeah but seems like it's only for well known sportsmen. Can't see a 5 fight winning streak in the UFC being a good enough reason for exemption.

Sean Shelby is a pretty atrocious match maker, imo. He lets a lot of guys sit out for about a year even if they want and need a fight, e.g. Sterling.

I hope Choi gets a fight announced very soon.

Agree. His hands are just as lethal as conor's. Doesn't really utilize a lot of kicks but his timing and control of distance is exceptional. I hope to see him fight again soon. A guy that talented should not be sidelined for long periods of time.

TKO? That was a straight KO.

I really thought Dana or Silva would've been smart enough to find this guy a fight almost immediately after Sicilia since 1) he's a total badass in the cage pretty clear 2) he didnt have a scratch on him after that fight.

WTF gives?

TKO? That was a straight KO.

I really thought Dana or Silva would've been smart enough to find this guy a fight almost immediately after Sicilia since 1) he's a total badass in the cage pretty clear 2) he didnt have a scratch on him after that fight.

WTF gives?

Sean Shelby is the match maker for anything below the Lightweight division. Joe Silva does Lightweight and up.

Back