Chito Vera says Sean O’Malley turned down the UFC’s offer for a rematch

Cruz is more money and higher ranked than Chito one kick wonder Vera

<LikeReally5>

...more money? What in the world are you talking about, he's getting his contracted rate no matter who he fights.

The only fighters who have the ability to negotiate from fight to fight are mega stars like Conor and Jon Jones, champions, or popular guys fighting for titles (like Masvidal)

how is it more money it not like a main event of a ppv fight. it a good fight to have on a fight card that all.
Because if he pulls it off he gets more notoriety and that opens the door for more sponsorships and general fame which means most viewers of his social media which can mean better monetisation of said platforms and better negotiating power/bigger match ups for one of Dana’s hype bois.

I’m not saying he’s getting Conor type money, but it’s a bigger opportunity than a fight with Chito both in name value and on paper for future match ups. Beating a former champion is better than beating a barely top 15 guy who got outclassed by the Ghost of Aldo’s Past.

With that said he’d probably get the shit kicked out of him by either, but a fading Cruz is still a winnable fight.

Losing 29-28 to Aldo is much more impressive than beating 1-5 in his last 6 & soon to be cut Almeida.

O'Malley is a straight up can crusher
That was 29-28? I have to rewatch that because I thought it was waay less competitive that.

Don't need to see that rematch right now. I'd watch it but it's not necessary, plenty of other guys for both guys to fight. I don't want O'Malley vs Cruz though, I'd rather have a Cruz vs Aldo legends fight but nobody else wants this apparently.

wouldn't doubt it - he got wrecked to the point that he is in full denial about that fight.

Vera looks like how I imagine the first Spanish conquerors who explored the Americas looked like.

<LikeReally5>

...more money? What in the world are you talking about, he's getting his contracted rate no matter who he fights.

The only fighters who have the ability to negotiate from fight to fight are mega stars like Conor and Jon Jones, champions, or popular guys fighting for titles (like Masvidal)

I'll tell you a secret, more exposure means more money.

Even if it was a fluke leg injury Chito has to feel confident all he needs is a takedown and he can elbow this guy to Bolivia. Sean's ground game looked non-existent.

Rematch doesn't make much sense for Sean though. He'll use his hype to get that fight with past prime Cruz and try to leapfrog the rankings.

Chito is gonna have a difficult time getting fights since Embedded accidentally outted him and Alex Perez.

Outted them as what?

I don't think there was anything left unsettled from their first fight.

Chito took him out with ease - forget the leg kick, the fight was finished on the ground. Sean had virtually no guard and got wrecked on the ground. They should fight again if they both climb the rankings a bit.

O'Malley's leg declined the fight

Losing 29-28 to Aldo is much more impressive than beating 1-5 in his last 6 & soon to be cut Almeida.

O'Malley is a straight up can crusher
Chito is actually winning in the standup battle against Aldo in the second round. That's a high compliment for Chito striking (and he's a slow starter fighter too).

But then Aldo stole the fight away by surprise grappling in the 3rd which nobody would expect.

Last edited:
I'll tell you a secret, more exposure means more money.

I'll tell you a secret, the UFC has contracts with defined pay outs.

Like I said, O'Malley is not at a point in his career where he has popularity and leverage to negotiate his pay based on his opponent

<LikeReally5>

It's a much bigger fight regardless. Cruz is a former champion, is ranked higher, is ranked in the top 10, is arguably the greatest BW of all time, is coming of a win, is way more popular, and makes for a cool stylistic match up. It would generate a lot of interest for sure. That's co-main event material, or main event for a minor card. It is a much better investment for O'Malley who has lost a lot of time between suspension and injuries. He is already in his mid twenties and wants to get the ball rolling when he's on his prime. I would pick a fight with Cruz too if I were O'Malley and it was an option.
Also, Cruz is past his prime and is a lot slower than before. It seems like a very good investment.

Last edited:
Cheetos Rivera is a liar.

When O'Malley wanted to run it back, Cheetos Rivera basically told him to fuck off. Now he's chirping hard after getting manhandled by Baldo.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...ley-quit-at-ufc-252-wants-jimmie-rivera-next/
Yeah he really wanted no part of omealy rematch knowing he lucked out. And he was getting shit for it on social media. Now that omealy has a fight lined up with a higher ranked fighter, he's down to run it back? Lol He knows omealy ain't about to turn down Cruz, wtf.

Yeah he really wanted no part of omealy rematch knowing he lucked out. And he was getting shit for it on social media. Now that omealy has a fight lined up with a higher ranked fighter, he's down to run it back? Lol He knows omealy ain't about to turn down Cruz, wtf.

Exactly, Cheetos Rivera can get starched by O'Malley after he fights Cruz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back