Chisora signs to fight Wlad

Who is this guy, i mean following boxing pretty well but I have never heard of this guy. How does he get a shot. Well atleast I should be able to see it with Khan Vs Marcos on the same card. I wonder if Wlad will get to headline, like he should.

english heavy prospect.i doubt this happens i mean its the daily mail reporting it

Two years too soon. If he takes it though, I'll be pulling for him.

You've got to be kidding me.

I don't like Chisora but I respect what he's done as a fighter... beating Williams may have been a nice name but it doesn't mean much these days but his two wins over Sexton are pretty impressive for a prospect. That's the key word. Prospect.

A fight with Valuev was mooted and while it would be a big step up it's not an outrageous one. Valuev is ageing, has been inactive and frankly hasn't really been that impressive. Of course Chisora would be the deserved underdog... and a big one... but it's a fight I could imagine him winning.

But Wlad?

Seriously.

This doesn't look great for Wlad either. The current crop of heavyweights aren't a killers row but there are more deserving fighters out there.

This doesn't look great for Wlad either. The current crop of heavyweights aren't a killers row but there are more deserving fighters out there.

Whom should he fight that's available and a more reasonable opponent at this point?

My mind is boggled lol but I'm not sure about this it's a bit to early for this fight right?

I mean its good business for Wlad take out an upper and comer before he improves and cements his feet in the division, and no I'm not saying in a few years time Chisora would be able to beat him but his still developing as a fighter and hasn't really faced any high european level fighters let alone World Level fighter.

Shit i still don't really know how well Chisora chin is.

Whom should he fight that's available and a more reasonable opponent at this point?

Malik Scott (has been out of the ring for an age but is getting back in there)
Boytsov
Dimitrenko
Solis
Adamek
Derric Rossy
Alexander Ustinov
Kali Meehan
Timur Ibragimov
Denis Bakhtov
Robert Helenius

And that's without going into all of the regional type fighters who are out there... there's a couple of New Zealand, Australian and Mexican heavyweights with pretty records that haven't really beaten anyone.

Let's put it this way... Del Boy's second win over Sexton makes him the best of the UK prospects... just over Tyson Fury (who I think has a bigger upside). Do you really think Tyson Fury is the second best fighter Wlad could reasonably face right now?

I was really impressed with Chisora in his win over Sexton and I think he'll put up a better showing than Peters, Chambers, Arreola & Sosnowski did against the brothers grim.

Also looks like Jon Murray will be getting Victor Ortiz on the Khan-Maidana undercard in a light-welterweight world title eliminator

Murray - Ortiz would be a headliner if only for confused UFC fans looking to see Lee Murray - Tito Ortiz II only to get Jon Murray - Victor Ortiz

a untested prospect, if wlad doesn't pound him out inside a few rounds it confirms why people don't think too highly of him.

but my guess is the future (100 years) will just look at the records and not consider all the angles and proclaim him top ten all time.

shudder

ESPN are now reporting this fight.
Chisora will get handled, but unlike some of Wlad's recent opponents, he will come in game.

Man, first Harrison for Haye and now Chisora for Wlad. They're really scraping the barrel trying to find HW challengers.

delboy_12_682x400_1104579a.jpg

lets go del boy

Boytsov
Dimitrenko
Solis
Adamek
Derric Rossy
Alexander Ustinov
Kali Meehan
Timur Ibragimov
Denis Bakhtov
Robert Helenius

And that's without going into all of the regional type fighters who are out there... there's a couple of New Zealand, Australian and Mexican heavyweights with pretty records that haven't really beaten anyone.

Let's put it this way... Del Boy's second win over Sexton makes him the best of the UK prospects... just over Tyson Fury (who I think has a bigger upside). Do you really think Tyson Fury is the second best fighter Wlad could reasonably face right now?

Solis and Adamek have fights scheduled already... Ibragimov and MEehan are worse than Chisora Boystov is just coming off of a long layoff, Helenius has less fights than Chisora, I'm not sure if either Klit would ever fight Dimitrenko, and he just lost to Chambers...nobody knows who the other guys are. Seems like you're just suggesting anyone you could think of; not sure if they're actually better or why they'd be BETTER choices. On the same level or worse I'd say, theres nothing from a pure boxing standpoint that makes any of the available guys any better than Chisora, but from a business standpoint....

Chisora brings name recognition (at least in the UK, I think) and an undefeated record... I'm assuming this will help generate hype for a Haye fight. Good reason to pick him

1 Wladimir Klitschko 1240 55(49)-3(3)-0
1996 34 orthodox Kiev, Ukraine
2 Vitali Klitschko 961 40(38)-2(2)-0
1996 39 orthodox Kiev, Ukraine
3 David Haye 665 24(22)-1(1)-0
2002 29 orthodox Bermondsey, London, United Kingdom
4 Tomasz Adamek 532 42(27)-1(0)-0
1999 33 orthodox Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 Ruslan Chagaev 452 26(17)-1(1)-1
1997 31 southpaw Hamburg, Germany
6 Alexander Povetkin 447 19(14)-0(0)-0
2005 31 orthodox Moscow, Russia
7 Nikolay Valuev 445 50(34)-2(0)-0
1993 37 orthodox Saint Petersburg, Russia
8 Tony Thompson 406 34(22)-2(1)-0
2000 38 southpaw Washington, District of Columbia, United States
9 Eddie Chambers 367 35(18)-2(1)-0
2000 28 orthodox Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
10 Samuel Peter 363 34(27)-4(2)-0
2001 30 orthodox Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
11 Chris Arreola 351 29(25)-2(1)-0
2003 29 orthodox Escondido, California, United States
12 Alexander Dimitrenko 343 30(20)-1(0)-0
2001 28 orthodox Hamburg, Germany
13 Dereck Chisora 332 14(9)-0(0)-0
2007 26 orthodox Finchley, London, United Kingdom

Last edited:
I would have prefered a rematch with Thompson or give Arrealoa another shot a Klit. but that cause I want the belt back in the states So Bad.

As you admit, he has a gaudy record and has been inactive for 2 years.

Solid prospect but he's just gotten back into the gym after surgery. Also, he's pretty lacking in quality wins himself.

Dimitrenko

He's one win removed from the beating Chambers gave him - he needs a few quality wins on his resume to make an interesting fight, IMO.

Solis isn't any better off in terms of resume at this point than Chisora is (his only real notable win being completely shot Barrett). He also seems to want to fight Vitali (talking about doing an eliminator vs. Ray Austin to become the mandatory).

Fighting Maddalone - best guy listed on your list by a comfortable margin.

Derric Rossy

His only win of note is against a completely shot Ray Mercer and he hasn't been put in with too stiff of a line up in recent fights.

Alexander Ustinov

Again, lacking quality wins against Top 10-15 HWs (as can be said for a good number of guys listed).

Kali Meehan

Just lost to Chagaev.

Timur Ibragimov

He lost his 2 biggest fights (against Brock and Thompson) - his only notable win since then was over old McCall.

Denis Bakhtov

Whom has he beaten that would warrant a shot more than Chisora? He's also lost to a number of trial horses.

Robert Helenius

Limited resume as well (only notable wins are Bydenko and shot Brewster).

The best guys (by a comfortable margin) that Wlad should face would be Adamek, Haye, Povetkin, maybe Valuev; all of them have either turned down fights or gone and done their own thing. The next tier, you have some guys of interest in Chisora, Dimitrenko, Boytsov, Solis and maybe Ustinov, Helenius and (to a more limited extent) Fury. All of these guys are pretty unproven and (IMO) are comparable in terms of quality of win if Wlad fights them. I really don't see where Wlad is screwing the pooch if he takes on Chisora (and Rafael is claiming Dimitrenko is still in the running at this point, BTW).

I would have prefered a rematch with Thompson or give Arrealoa another shot a Klit. but that cause I want the belt back in the states So Bad.

Thompson I was a pretty uninteresting fight and ended decisively. Arreola is still recovering from his hand injuries and hasn't beaten anyone of note since losing to Adamek (and before that, Vitali).

Bad career move by Del Boy imo. Another few solid wins and he could have set up a big ppv fight in the UK with Haye and made a lot more money.

Can't fault the mans ambition but he's going to get anhilated by Wlad. He was getting tagged repeatedly by Sexton's jab in the first half of that fight. Wlad's jab is arguably the best p4p jab in the sport today, I can't see Chisora getting past it.

Back