Chinzo Machida to Make Bellator Debut at Bellator 160 August 26

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
chinzo_machida.0.JPG

Lyoto Machida’s brother will finally make his Bellator debut.

Chinzo Machida, who signed with the promotion in December of 2014, is scheduled to take on Mario Navarro in a featherweight bout in the preliminary card of Bellator 160 on Aug. 26, Bellator officials told MMA Fighting on Sunday.

Machida (3-2), a 39-year-old featherweight from Brazil, hasn’t fought since a unanimous decision win over Dima Gerasimov at RFA 15. Prior to the victory, the karate expert stopped Brian Wood with a knee after three years away from MMA.

Navarro (4-4), who also hasn’t competed since 2014, looks to get back to the win column following losses to Brandon Bender and Cleber Luciano. His only win under the Bellator banned was a second-round submission over Anthony Bain in 2012.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/7...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

ChinzoSmall.gif

Chinzo_Machida_vs._Brian_Wood.gif

Awesome! I trained for a couple years in Rio and was always told Chinzo was a bigger beast than Lyoto in the gym, but never had it fall into place in the ring/cage. I guess we will all get to see now.

Bellator is the GOAT org at feeding fighters they would like to win
Like. the goat

39, 3-2, hasnt fought in 26 months, that has Bellator written all over it.

Never was really that excited about him but had he fought for Bellator when he first signed years ago it would have been somewhat interesting. Now I'm not sure many will care.

But it cant hurt, win or lose they can throw him on a couple of cards and see how he does.

Never was really that excited about him but had he fought for Bellator when he first signed years ago it would have been somewhat interesting. Now I'm not sure many will care.

But it cant hurt, win or lose they can throw him on a couple of cards and see how he does.

Yeah but AWESOME!!! Like his last name and stuff!!!! Bellator and coker!!! Yeah, way to go guys. Sick signing!!! All those prospect and solid fighter cuts all make sense now.

I mean his Last Name!!! Wow, Huge stuff going on with Bellator. Imagine a cool last name WITH TUF experience. I imagine Coker and Co. are out there looking for that right now.

Does Dana White have any relatives Bellator and Coker can sign?

sorry didn't see this thread, you guys can delete my thread i just made haha

I have to say Bellator 160 is actually a bellator card that i am excited about, interesting fights on the main card and prelims

Yeah but AWESOME!!! Like his last name and stuff!!!! Bellator and coker!!! Yeah, way to go guys. Sick signing!!! All those prospect and solid fighter cuts all make sense now.

I mean his Last Name!!! Wow, Huge stuff going on with Bellator. Imagine a cool last name WITH TUF experience. I imagine Coker and Co. are out there looking for that right now.

Dan Henderson, 3-6 since 2012, fighting or the title when he is ranked #13, this has ufc written all over it. But awesome because he was good years ago when on PEDs! Dana white, ufc!

He was interesting 8 years ago, when his brother was still being touted as "the guy who knocked out Rich Franklin." He's 39 now. Is he desperate for money, or desperate for the glory he could have had years ago had he stayed active?

He was interesting 8 years ago, when his brother was still being touted as "the guy who knocked out Rich Franklin." He's 39 now. Is he desperate for money, or desperate for the glory he could have had years ago had he stayed active?
probably the challenge, everyone needs challenges to motivate them in life

A lot of people are being pretty negative about this. Not sure why, we all know Chinzo probably isn't making his way to the title at that old age and he's really there for a showcase fight. If he gets an easy fight we get another crazy KO, if he gets a tough one then said tough opponent gets a boost with a win over his name.

Personally I'm looking forward to it.

I dont see how Machidas brother being on the prelims could bother a fan. Although I say that under the impression he isn't requiring much of a special paycheck. If i find out they are paying him an amount that required other fighters to be cut I could understand but I doubt that is the case.

Doesn't really bother me. Good for him for getting back in the cage.

Any youthful Machida's in the stable?...... Fu*king Gracie's got enough heads to populate it's own country.

I Really hope they put him on the main card and don't dump him on the prelims like they did Baby Slice.

Does Dana White have any relatives Bellator and Coker can sign?

I actually think he does. I remember in one of his video blogs...years ago..he went to a small show that his nephew was fighting at. Never heard anything about it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back