Chinups Any Good?

Are you kidding? Chinups are on the best exercise bar none. They work everything in the upper body. You cannot only work bi or chest. You cannot isolate only intergrate..

Good name because surely you will get the fury of this forum upon you with posts like that..;)
Read the stickies.. and be carefull with the caps lock..

Now to your question. Yes chinups are one of the best excersices you can do, and one of the best ways to check that you have high relative strength (strength to weight).
Primary muscles working are your back muscles, biceps, back of the shoulders, forerarms, grip.

I prefer pull-ups (palms facing away from you). More lat involvement, less biceps.If you're a larger guy, you can pull or tear a bicep doing chins.....

Thx guys! and i dont care of the stupid haters that flame here stuff like sear h function and put the caps of idiot!

peace....

LIGHTNINGFURY said:
THX GUYS! and i dont care of the stupid HATERS THAT FLAME HERE STUFF LIKE SEARCH FUNCTION and PUT THE CAPS OF IDIOT!

PEACE....

It's off, not of. No need to thank me. :D

Diligent said:
It's off, not of. No need to thank me. :D
I did not thank you but the guys who answered to my question instead of that whining I see here too often.

Your signature intrigues me cause I don't know who you are. however, if you don't know what chinnups do you have no right to be calling anyone names or flaming. Also, I'd appreciate it if you read what you wrote when you posted; we all know how hard it is to write in complete, coherant sentences using proper syntax, but give it a shot. communicating effectively is very important.

and I fixed your caps lock problem.

Do Pull Ups. Do A Ton Of Them. Add Weight.

i did weighted pull-ups for the first time this week. it feels damn good.. i also deadlifted, did bent rows, and weighted glute-ham raises on the same day. that was a good back day. i was sore from top to bottom (of my back) including my traps which never happens

This is really good information. I was also wondering what is a push-up and does it work good muscles too?

Madmick said:
This is really good information. I was also wondering what is a push-up and does it work good muscles too?
It works your inner pecs, but flys are better for definition.

Shit, can you recmomend the cheapest place to get a belt to add weight to Pullups/dips? I've been looking for one!

Evil Eye Gouger said:
It works your inner pecs, but flys are better for definition.

And if your training the entire body the try 20 rep leg extension program. It will stimulate the entire body and cause all sort s of hormonal changes that will cause you to grow and give you explosiveness beyond belief.

Actually, you should try pullups with your head attached to the bar. Maybe you could pull off your head that way and save us from your chip-on-your-shoulder shitty attitude. Take that to the OT forum.

dogmai said:
Shit, can you recmomend the cheapest place to get a belt to add weight to Pullups/dips? I've been looking for one!

heres what ive been using:

autoMotorsportsAccessoriesAllAncra_ANCRA_Tie_Downs1-resized200.jpg

just go to menards or home depot. cheap too.

They should be part of any workout. They work the back, forearms and biceps

dogmai said:
Your profile says you do bjj, which means you alread yhave a perfectly adequate way of adding weight. Use your gi belt, simply thread the plates onto the belt, tie a reef not in it so you've got a massive loop and place it round your neck so that the weight hangs down between your knees. if you avoid twists in the belt it should be pretty comfortable and it wont cost you a penny.

for weighted chins, i picked up a dip belt for 20 bucks at a local fitness shop. i've had 135lbs on it and it's never given me any trouble; fits comfortably.

if you want a fun challenge, try clapping pull-ups.

to original poster: and yes, chin-ups/pull-ups are an excellent exercise.

Back