Chins that got cracked.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sometimes, a fighter can lose his ability to take a punch, whether due to being in a war, getting knocked out, or just getting old. What were some such fighters?

Jones Jr
Mayorga
Duran

Edit: In Durans case, he was way past his prime and above his natural weight class, that Hearns right hand would have ko’d 90% of fighters, just brought him up because it was pretty surreal to see the toughest fighter to get bruatlly ko’d like that

It's not entirely fitting, but it reminds me of Timothy Bradley ko'ing Rios. He stopped him with a body shot though. Still, I don't think anyone thought Tim Bradley would be stopping a guy with the amount of grit that Rios had shown in the past.

Hatton maybe.

John Mugabi.

Herrol Graham was ruined by Julian Jackson
I also think that Gerald McClellan was ruined by Jackson as well

Herrol Graham was ruined by Julian Jackson
I also think that Gerald McClellan was ruined by Jackson as well

McClellan was ruined by thinking he could do it all on his own(see Hamed for another example)

I'm actually kind of struggling to think of boxers who this applies to if i'm reading it correctly

McClellan was ruined by thinking he could do it all on his own(see Hamed for another example)

I'm actually kind of struggling to think of boxers who this applies to if i'm reading it correctly
I was just referring specifically to the brain trauma the was sparked off by getting hit by hard right hands by Julian Jackson. Reports were coming in from sparring that he had to cut sessions short because of problems with his head.

I was just referring specifically to the brain trauma the was sparked off by getting hit by hard right hands by Julian Jackson. Reports were coming in from sparring that he had to cut sessions short because of problems with his head.

Do they not have routine brain scans in the US for active fighters?

Bhop would've never got ko'd by Joe Smith. He had one of the best chins I've ever seen and then he stayed a bit too long and started getting hurt by inferior fighters due to age and probably mileage.

Bhop would've never got ko'd by Joe Smith. He had one of the best chins I've ever seen and then he stayed a bit too long and started getting hurt by inferior fighters due to age and probably mileage.
Ohh bhop is a good one

Hopkins who lasted 12 rounds against possibly the most devastating puncher in the world?

I'd like to know when it got cracked considering he was 40 fighting that guy, and lost to a young hungry puncher

Ohh bhop is a good one
what do you think about Dawson? Ward might've cracked an already vulnerable chin there. He got stopped twice after Ward ko'd for the first time.

Chocolatito seems to have gotten his chin cracked after the Sor Rungvisai wars.

Maybe Calderon's chin after Segura beat him up.

Ponce de Leon had a great chin but near the end of his career he had a lot of trouble taking a decent shot.

Hopkins who lasted 12 rounds against possibly the most devastating puncher in the world?

I'd like to know when it got cracked considering he was 40 fighting that guy, and lost to a young hungry puncher
giphy.gif

This would've never happened to Bhop 5 or 10 years ago. He knows it too which is why he finally decided to hang em up.

what do you think about Dawson? Ward might've cracked an already vulnerable chin there. He got stopped twice after Ward ko'd for the first time.

Chocolatito seems to have gotten his chin cracked after the Sor Rungvisai wars.

Maybe Calderon's chin after Segura beat him up.

Ponce de Leon had a great chin but near the end of his career he had a lot of trouble taking a decent shot.

Only one i can really comment is Chocolatito , i think he got devastated
Well see but i think it's cracked

Only one i can really comment is Chocolatito , i think he got devastated
Well see but i think it's cracked
You're right the jury's still out on his chin. I might've jumped the gun there. SSR really took some years off his career with those beatings tho, that's for sure. I hope his chin is alright, I would love to see him comeback and look like his old self again.

giphy.gif

This would've never happened to Bhop 5 or 10 years ago. He knows it too which is why he finally decided to hang em up.

He was stopped once in his career, when he was about 45 years old, and even then, he didnt actually go down, he got knocked through the ropes, if you think someone like Hopkins chin was 'cracked', then i think you may need evaluate what you think the phrase his chin was cracked means, once something is cracked, it is kind of broken....Hopkins is about 80 now..he didnt get his chin cracked, he got fucking old

He was stopped once in his career, when he was about 45 years old, and even then, he didnt actually go down, he got knocked through the ropes, if you think someone like Hopkins chin was 'cracked', then i think you may need evaluate what you think the phrase his chin was cracked means, once something is cracked, it is kind of broken....Hopkins is about 80 now..he didnt get his chin cracked, he got fucking old
Read the op, you obviously either didn't or misread. He got stopped for the first time in his career b/c he got old and his chin couldn't take it anymore. I don't know why you seem to be so defensive about this, but it's okay to disagree and not be angry about it, dude.

Sometimes, a fighter can lose his ability to take a punch, whether due to being in a war, getting knocked out, or just getting old. What were some such fighters?

I bolded and underlined it for you so you can stop getting so upset about an answer to a question you don't like, lol. Get it now?

Read the op, you obviously either didn't or misread. He got stopped for the first time in his career b/c he got old and his chin couldn't take it anymore. I don't know why you seem to be so defensive about this, but it's okay to disagree and not be angry about it, dude.

I bolded and underlined it for you so you can stop getting so upset about an answer to a question you don't like, lol. Get it now?

I would also like you to point me to when Hopkins ability to lose a punch began, based on one fight against a fighter near half his age, who had knocked out a large percentage of his opponents

That stoppage had nothing to do with Hopkins chin

Back