International Chinese State Media: Australia is gum stuck to China's shoe

No ... just no.. Melbourne has approximately 360 thousand Chinese. Sydney 400 odd thousand.
Melbourne's population is close to 5 million ( 4.9)
Sydney has 5.2 million.

( world atlas )
" Understanding the history of colonization and immigration in Australia helps to understand the current makeup of ethnic backgrounds found today. British continue to be the majority with 67.4% of the population. This is followed by other European ethnicities: Irish (8.7%), Italian (3.8%), and German (3.7%). Those of Chinese ethnicity represent 3.6% of the population and the Aboriginal, and Native Australians are now only 3%.

You're getting a bit carried away with " Chinese colony "

Darwin isn't uninhabitle barren waste land. It's actually one of the few regions that doesn't fall into drought. It's rough but trust me inland Australia is the uninhabitable wasteland not the northern territory.
How do the Arab / Levantine populations in Australia perceive / interact with the Chinese population? I just can't picture the Arabs accepting any kind of Chinese dominance.

No ... just no.. Melbourne has approximately 360 thousand Chinese. Sydney 400 odd thousand.
Sydney has 5.2 million.

( world atlas )
" Understanding the history of colonization and immigration in Australia helps to understand the current makeup of ethnic backgrounds found today. British continue to be the majority with 67.4% of the population. This is followed by other European ethnicities: Irish (8.7%), Italian (3.8%), and German (3.7%). Those of Chinese ethnicity represent 3.6% of the population and the Aboriginal, and Native Australians are now only 3%.

Darwin isn't uninhabitle barren waste land. It's actually one of the few regions that doesn't fall into drought. It's rough but trust me inland Australia is the uninhabitable wasteland not the northern territory.
European/Anglo immigrants don’t matter to Australians for obvious reasons (due to culture).

But when it’s China with a complete different culture is led by people who have imperial ambitions over the Asia Pacific, of course it’s gonna alarm Australians when they have 1.3 million Chinese migrants who you never know could flock behind PLA or us.

Last edited:
How do the Arab / Levantine populations in Australia perceive / interact with the Chinese population? I just can't picture the Arabs accepting any kind of Chinese dominance.

All depends mate. I honestly can't give a opinion as I truly don't know. On a side note I know when I was running cabs people were worried about Pakistanis and the Indians working together.

Turns out it was perfectly fine . I had discussion with a few of them about it. They all were here for a better life for their families and as I was told there was no need for them to care about what their respective government's wars / diplomacy.

I was the boss though so they may have been lieing through their teeth to me. But from my experience a few minorities ( not naming who ) were very anti- other minorities. ( especially against aboriginals) But as a general note it's pretty hard for me to generalize based on ethnicity or race. Met to many people who don't fit a group thought.

European/Anglo immigrants don’t matter to Australians for obvious reasons (due to culture).

But when it’s China with a complete different culture is led by people that have imperial ambitions in the Asia Pacific, of course it’s gonna alarm Australians.

I understand that. But I'm not a fan of your usage of Chinese colony is all mate. For instance the only city in the world that has more greeks than Melbourne is Athens. ( including the rest of Greece) but that doesn't make it a greek colony.

Having less than 10% in both those cities I just don't see it as a Chinese colony. Once again. 29 % of Australians are born overseas.

Not having a go at you btw. It's a struggle to find accurate sources but here's the top few oversees born countries in the census ( 2018 ) the numbers I used earlier In regards to Sydney and Melbourne were more up to date.

Total Australian-born 17,650,000
Total foreign-born
Englandhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Australia#cite_note-27 992,000
Mainland China[C] 651,000
India 592,000
New Zealand 568,000

I understand that. But I'm not a fan of your usage of Chinese colony is all mate. For instance the only city in the world that has more greeks than Melbourne is Athens. ( including the rest of Greece) but that doesn't make it a greek colony.

Having less than 10% in both those cities I just don't see it as a Chinese colony. Once again. 29 % of Australians are born overseas.

Not having a go at you btw. It's a struggle to find accurate sources but here's the top few oversees born countries in the census ( 2018 ) the numbers I used earlier In regards to Sydney and Melbourne were more up to date.

Total Australian-born 17,650,000
Total foreign-born
England 992,000
Mainland China[C] 651,000
India 592,000
New Zealand 568,000

When Western Europe colonized the world, does it mean British colonist outnumbered the Indians when they went to India or French colonist outnumbered Algerians when they went to Algeria?

I use the term colony because land, infrastructure, port, water, politicians and the likes are being sold to them when everyone knows their agendas then coupled that with the millions of Chinese migrants who you never know they could rally behind CCP to stir up trouble when they call for a unity (in times of war etc) or stand behind us. You get the picture.

None of those migrants (again NZ and western Europe are permanent allies and don’t pose threat for obvious reasons) you list have hidden agendas or politicial affiliations with dictatorship countries attempting to project power and influence in the Asia Pacific.

Last edited:
India, Vietnam and Taiwan stand the most to gain if this China tension ramps up to a fever pitch (no pun intended).

And honestly, with some changes, India would be much more preferable trade partners to the US (and Australia) considering the friendly relations, ease of communication (English speaking), and shared democratic identity.

If they really want to strike while the iron is hot, India should lower their corporate tax rate substantially and make a concerted effort to diversify their production instead of hyperfocusing on IT/software.

India has lowered their corporate tax massively this year. That’s not the problem anymore.
It’s the archaic and extremely bureaucratic labour law codes that’s the problem. Changing that though is a Herculean task that I don’t think this government is capable of now. Especially not in the time frame required to take advantage of this anti China bent.

I use the term colony because land, infrastructure, port, water, politicians and the likes are being sold to them when everyone knows their agendas then coupled that with the millions of Chinese migrants who you never know they could rally behind CCP to stir up trouble when they call for a unity (in times of war etc) or stand behind us. You get the picture.

None of those migrants (again NZ and western Europe are permanent allies and don’t pose threat for obvious reasons) you list have hidden agendas or politicial affiliations with dictatorship countries attempting to project power and influence in the Asia Pacific.

You’ve really got problems in life, buddy.
Get help.

<{hughesimpress}>

Africa's logistics are more costly and complicated than Australia.
Shipping alone is a tremendous saving on costs.

china wants to distance itself from australian resources namely iron ore. its something they have mentioned numerous times besides with their own high grade suppliers they might be able to lower the price. another thing that irritates china is the largest 5 companies setting such a high price.

Sydney has 5.2 million.

( world atlas )

these census results are a joke. they also say there are nearly 800,000 aboriginals, not a chance. the chinese numbers are higher.

also many of our scummy polis want sydney and melbourne to have populations nearing 10 million. jeez i wonder who will be the number one migrant group.

Melbourne and Sydney is a Chinese colony. The two biggest city in Australia that matters, the rest are irrelevant.

Militarily, China only need to seize Darwin which is an uninhabitable barren wasteland, to subdue Australia.

Not to mention, the infrastructure, land and water they own here as it seeks to project power and influence beyond its shores.

images
Man I hope that's a rather poor attempt at trolling.

You’ve really got problems in life, buddy.
Get help.
Nothing wrong with what I said.

New Zealand and Western Europe are permanent allies of Australia for a reason so everyone in the country is going to agree because of culture. We can have American and British bases all over the country, dragging Australia into conflict with them, building them new settlement and no one will bat an eye, history proved it.

That can't be said for China and their hegemony who would be treated with hostility and the recent event showed it.

India has lowered their corporate tax massively this year. That’s not the problem anymore.
It’s the archaic and extremely bureaucratic labour law codes that’s the problem. Changing that though is a Herculean task that I don’t think this government is capable of now. Especially not in the time frame required to take advantage of this anti China bent.
India is baffling business wise. Has so much potential, yet all the levels of government and different laws and the Byzantine systems make my head spin

We have been building our military relationship with India for the last 10 years. That gives us backup of say 1.5 million active troops and the benefit of another country that has nuclear weapons. India are keen for us to form a military alliance that would basically unite all the countries south of China.
We have strong military ties/Alliances with the United States, England, France, Canada, Singapore and New Zealand. Japan, the Philippines are also close allies of us and the United States now.

Basically China has the sway and has taken most smaller pacific islands through crippling them in debt. Samoa, Fiji, Tonga. Other countries would be keen to jump on board china's ship and fuck with us like Indonesia the chances of them siding with us is slim.

All our government needs to do is ban non citizen buyers of real estate and infrastructure outside of certain trade countries. and China's influence is fucked here.

A world war is on the horizon. Kept from happening right now by the fact that the alliances we have make our forces bigger than China. China expects Russia to back them should it kick off. But historically Russia wait and then side with the winners.

TLDR?

Australia will run crying to mummy and daddy USA and India if china is mean.

EDIT: India is technically in a security alliance with Russia and China from 2001 but that is on the verge of complete collapse right now.

No way we got a world war (though you can screencap this if things kick off lol)

Russia is not siding with china no way they are scared shitless of losing siberia to them.

Last year when i was in russia all the news were directed at "chinese threat"

They will probably try to find a way to fuck both us and china.

True soviet style lmao

Can confirm China have both Aus and NZ in their pocket. The y basically own NZ.

No way we got a world war (though you can screencap this if things kick off lol)

Russia is not siding with china no way they are scared shitless of losing siberia to them.

Last year when i was in russia all the news were directed at "chinese threat"

They will probably try to find a way to fuck both us and china.

True soviet style lmao

Economic downturn
Nearly every country in crippling debt
Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand riding around in open top cars
One world power appearing to be in the twilight of their time at the top with another world power starting to flex their muscle on surrounding countries
Russia doing what they always do and flip flopping so no one knows what side they will pick
A country close to China who's leader may or may not be dying. Which would lead to a civil war between Generals in that country if he dies.
A world wide pandemic

All these things = World war on the horizon. All we need now is for Germany to sink the Lusitania 2 in unrestricted submarine warfare and it's on.

China has gone heavy with Sweden as well

https://www.axios.com/china-sweden-relationship-afe1cd3b-db50-4d2f-9ac6-d66b67c4b7f6.html

Background: The breakdown in relations began in 2015, when Chinese authorities kidnapped Gui Minhai, a Swedish citizen known for publishing books on sensitive Chinese political topics, and held him without trial for years.

Any time a country disagrees with their communist behaviour they make stupid threats, China kidnapped a a converted Swedish citizen in Thailand just because he criticized CCP, he got 10 years in prison and they said he revoked Swedish citizenship in prison.

World should unite to fight China before they can´t be stopped.

And in fact the US needs to rally as many countries in that region with closer economic ties to oppose China.

TPP is dead

Thanks bernie bros and trumptards

The rest of the world would have to agree to dump the dollar though. I don't think Western Europe will follow, and the Gulf Arabs rely on the US to stay in power and contain Iranian ambitions. Canada and the US are both global leaers in oil extraction and refinement. I feel the US has far more Aces up its sleeve than China, when push comes to shove.

Definitely but don't think China is without power here, if they conducted an all out attack on the USD it could get painful enough that Trump could react in an irrational way. Then who knows what will happen between nuclear powers, we'll most likely win but the price could be really high.

Australia has been our best ally since WWII.
How so? Never heard this claim before, can you explain, please?

FWIW, 60% of Australians have a NEGATIVE view of the US according to a 2017 poll by the Lowy institute.

We have been building our military relationship with India for the last 10 years. That gives us backup of say 1.5 million active troops and the benefit of another country that has nuclear weapons. India are keen for us to form a military alliance that would basically unite all the countries south of China.
We have strong military ties/Alliances with the United States, England, France, Canada, Singapore and New Zealand. Japan, the Philippines are also close allies of us and the United States now.

Basically China has the sway and has taken most smaller pacific islands through crippling them in debt. Samoa, Fiji, Tonga. Other countries would be keen to jump on board china's ship and fuck with us like Indonesia the chances of them siding with us is slim.

All our government needs to do is ban non citizen buyers of real estate and infrastructure outside of certain trade countries. and China's influence is fucked here.

A world war is on the horizon. Kept from happening right now by the fact that the alliances we have make our forces bigger than China. China expects Russia to back them should it kick off. But historically Russia wait and then side with the winners.

TLDR?

Australia will run crying to mummy and daddy USA and India if china is mean.

EDIT: India is technically in a security alliance with Russia and China from 2001 but that is on the verge of complete collapse right now.

There won't be a world war. Not even China is arrogant and stupid enough to think they can survive a nuclear exchange, and in any conventional war they get their shit pushed in by the USA and it's allies.

Back