Chinese Moving To Australia

Just raise taxes on non-primary residences and force them to rent them out, problem solved.

One of my kids just moved to Australia, they had to have a college degree and can only stay a year. I wish the US had such laws

Australia is cool and all, but for starters:

th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th

th

Plus the worms are even huge:
th

On the good side maybe they’ll bring twenty first century technology, like air conditioning. You dip shits complain about global warming yet don’t have air conditioning or even ceiling fans

Ar·ab
erəb/
noun
plural noun: Arabs
a member of a Semitic people, originally from the Arabian peninsula and neighboring territories, inhabiting much of the Middle East and North Africa.

Arabs - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabs
Arab identity is defined independently of religious identity, and pre-dates the spread of Islam, with historically attested Arab Christian kingdoms and Arab Jewish tribes. Today, however, most Arabs are Muslim, with a minority adhering to other faiths, largely Christianity, but also Druze and Bah
I repeat. Arabs?!

I now lots of rich Mexicans that buy houses in the Houston area, they use the hospitals and come here to shop a couple times a year. My next door neighbors are one of them, best neighbors ever, we see the twice a year for not even a month total

We sent China all that money. They are now using the money to screw us.

It kind of reminds me of the 1980's when Japan was at the height of its economic growth, and everybody in US thought Japanese would buy up all the properties. The only difference is that the Chinese got even more money.

It kind of reminds me of the 1980's when Japan was at the height of its economic growth, and everybody in US thought Japanese would buy up all the properties. The only difference is that the Chinese got even more money.
China also has ten times the population, and government thst wants to be the most powerful. Japan only wanted to be equal to the USA relationship wise

from what I gather some of the steam is now going out of the market as China has implemented stricter laws on taking capital out of china - the Brisbane market (look it up you foreigners) has dropped hugely since this new rule and the apartment markets in Sydney and Melbourne are following suite (the primary source of funding to buy these has been Chinese money via Students who can buy property once they have got through uni)

from what I gather some of the steam is now going out of the market as China has implemented stricter laws on taking capital out of china - the Brisbane market (look it up you foreigners) has dropped hugely since this new rule and the apartment markets in Sydney and Melbourne are following suite (the primary source of funding to buy these has been Chinese money via Students who can buy property once they have got through uni)

Don't forget the regulation on our side either, with the stamp duty surcharges, capital gains tax exemption removed etc.

It's about value protection.

Sydney property prices are totally removed from fundamentals but property in arguably the best city in the world will always have value. The yuan however is massively inflated.

There have been numerous measures to allow locals a chance.

If I bought a $1,000,000 apartment (good 2 beddder in nice but not amazing area) I would pay $40,500 stamp duty. A foreigner would pay $120,500.

Thats 8% tax on an inflated asset!!!

On the good side maybe they’ll bring twenty first century technology, like air conditioning. You dip shits complain about global warming yet don’t have air conditioning or even ceiling fans

bro, me and my boyz are too cool as it is
th

You think it’s bad in Australia ?

Lol... come take a look over here in Vancouver British Columbia

Because of them, prices have skyrocketed the last few years and continue going up every month. Basically all the properties including condos and houses are being bought up by Chinese nationals that don’t even live in them. They just buy them all up to park their money. The screwed up thing is that the government just allows it.

A 300 sq foot bachelor suite in Vancouver costs minimum $2500 a month. A tiny 400 sq ft 1 bedroom, anywhere from $3000 plus a month non furnished of course. Not to mention when you go look at a rental, there’s 20 other desperate people also that show up to see the same listing, that are looking for a place to live, so you’re competing with them and it usually turns into a bidding war. The vacancy rate here is around 0.1 percent.

It’s spread into all the other cities too. A small one bedroom in Burnaby is minimum 2400 a month. A crack shack in Vancouver that’s 80 years old will run you no less than 1.5 million right now.

Last edited:
lmfao at the most elite people with the least problems wanting to move to the states, oh dear thats gold

You think it’s bad in Australia ?

Lol... come take a look over here in Vancouver British Columbia

Because of them, prices have skyrocketed the last few years and continue going up every month. Basically all the properties including condos and houses are being bought up by Chinese nationals that don’t even live in them. They just buy them all up to park their money. The screwed up thing is that the government just allows it.

A 300 sq foot bachelor suite in Vancouver costs minimum $2500 a month. A tiny 400 sq ft 1 bedroom, anywhere from $3000 plus a month non furnished of course. Not to mention when you go look at a rental, there’s 20 other desperate people also that show up to see the same listing, that are looking for a place to live, so you’re competing with them and it usually turns into a bidding war. The vacancy rate here is around 0.1 percent.

It’s spread into all the other cities too. A small one bedroom in Burnaby is minimum 2400 a month. A crack shack in Vancouver that’s 80 years old will run you no less than 1.5 million right now.

Melbourne is trialing some form of vacancy surcharge to address this.

I like the idea but seems impossible to implement effectively.

Some ideas include watching water and electricity usage but if they leave a tap on and have a PC mining Bitcoin they are safe.

Are those rents centre of the city or suburban?
If city Sydney is comparable, if more than 10km from the CBD yeah they're pretty damn high.

Back