Chinese MMA Thread: Redux

Kunlun Fight MMA 11 video

Phuket Top Team has worked wonders on Lipeng's striking, he has some solid counter punching ability to go with quick and hard kicks now. He's no longer just a highly athletic but raw fighter. His win streak is now 14 with this being the biggest win of the streak.

Weili is in need of some high level opponents, she just easily disposed of the Jungle Fights champ. She isn't even breaking a sweat in most of these fights.

Meixuan dominated his OUTSIDER guy as expected, almost pulled off a highlight KO in the opening seconds of the fight.

zhang weili and zhang meixuan looked really good but like Asurah said, they need higher level opponents. it was nice to see good old masaharu tsuchihashi again though.

lu zhenhong also looked good, but crazy horse shouldn't have been fighting so soon after getting ko'ed so hard and didn't look like he had a lot of fight in him.

haven't watched the zhang lipeng fight yet, but good to see he got another win.

Rumored that the UFC has signed Kai Wen Li

I'm assuming he's a late replacement somewhere because this is a pretty unexpected signing out of left field. He had a good run in ONE going 5-1 and winning a Chinese tournament. Beat Keannu Subba last time out and gave Martin Nguyen a tough fight. Fun guy to watch and still young at 21 years old.

Also the Kunlun Fight MMA 12 TV broadcast is tonight, not sure what the exact time is but it will be through CCTV5

Some (2-3?) Chinese ONE fighters wanted to go to UFC trials or w/e. ONE didn't want them to but they weren't offering enough fights and the fighters told ONE to go f--- themselves or something along those lines....paraphrasing. One of those guys I guess. MMA isn't so much my thing but remember I saw something :)

Last edited:
Rumored that the UFC has signed Kai Wen Li

I'm assuming he's a late replacement somewhere because this is a pretty unexpected signing out of left field. He had a good run in ONE going 5-1 and winning a Chinese tournament. Beat Keannu Subba last time out and gave Martin Nguyen a tough fight. Fun guy to watch and still young at 21 years old.

Also the Kunlun Fight MMA 12 TV broadcast is tonight, not sure what the exact time is but it will be through CCTV5

I remember him from one fc lol. He's a good fighter.

Some (2-3?) Chinese ONE fighters wanted to go to UFC trials or w/e. ONE didn't want them to but they weren't offering enough fights and the fighters told ONE to go f--- themselves or something along those lines....paraphrasing. One of those guys I guess. MMA isn't so much my thing but remember I saw something :)
What's his name?

Wouldn't be surprised, Wang Sai pretty much told the UFC to eat it and started fighting for Kunlun Fight mid contract.

Some clips from Kunlun Fight MMA 12

The televised portion is uploaded here but they sometimes delete videos after a few days so watch them soon

good to see the usual suspects doing well, and that was a crazy KO on melvin.

Interesting partnership between Kunlun Fight and AFC out of Australia (Soa Palelei, Luke Jumeau, Dan Hooker, Daniel Kelly, Alex Volkanovski and just a lot of the top Aussie and New Zealand talent have come through them before)

This maybe explains the back to back night events AFC seemingly held out of the blue in Shanghai.

Anyone know what happened to Art of War FC? They came back and did a couple of events in 2016 then disappeared.

There was a guy that seemed to be close to the promotion that used to post here, I don't remember his username but I'm sure if anyone here knows it would be him. I haven't heard a peep about them since the last event.

Weili Zhang showing off all of her titles
sptPostArticleImage-17452.jpg

sptPostArticleImage-86833.jpg

A lot going on lately W.R.T. Chinese fighters. I'll start with recent signings:

UFC:
Bantamweight: Pingyuan Liu (12-4)
Welterweight: Kenan Song (12-4)
Featherweight: Wuliji Buren (10-4)
Guan Wang (19-1-1)
W. Bantamweight: Yanan Wu (8-1)
Strawweight: Xiaonan Yan (7-1 1NC)

all debut Nov 25 in Shanghai

ONE Championship:
W. Flyweight: Jingnan Xiong 9-1
Featherweight: Fei Yang (2-3)
Featherweight: Zhikang Zhao (10-2)

A lot going on lately W.R.T. Chinese fighters. I'll start with recent signings:

UFC:
Bantamweight: Pingyuan Liu (12-4)
Welterweight: Kenan Song (12-4)
Featherweight: Wuliji Buren (10-4)
Guan Wang (19-1-1)
W. Bantamweight: Yanan Wu (8-1)
Strawweight: Xiaonan Yan (7-1 1NC)

all debut Nov 25 in Shanghai
really looking forward to this event.

really looking forward to this event.
I am as well. Did the UFC get the best Chinese signings? No, but they did get 6 plus scheduled Jingliang Li. Plenty have been disappointed they didn't get Weili Zhang, but I feel they're sleeping on Xiaonan Yan.

One thing I wish they would have done was to set up a Chinese fighter versus a Chinese fighter, so as to guarantee a Chinese win.

Weili Zhang fighting kickboxing on Kunlun next month.

Back