Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International Chinese COVID Vaccines: Brazil's Trial Results Show $75 Sinovac Only 50.4% Effective.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Arkain2K, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sinovac: Brazil results show Chinese vaccine only 50.4% effective
    13 January 2021​

A coronavirus vaccine developed by China's Sinovac has been found to be 50.4% effective in Brazilian clinical trials, according to the latest results released by researchers.

It shows the vaccine is significantly less effective than previous data suggested - barely over the 50% needed for regulatory approval.

The Chinese vaccine is one of two that the Brazilian government has lined up.

Brazil has been one of the countries worst affected by Covid-19.

Sinovac, a Beijing-based biopharmaceutical company, is behind CoronaVac, an inactivated vaccine. It works by using killed viral particles to expose the body's immune system to the virus without risking a serious disease response.

Several countries, including Indonesia, Turkey and Singapore, have placed orders for the vaccine.

Last week researchers at the Butantan Institute, which has been conducting the trials in Brazil, announced that the vaccine had a 78% efficacy against "mild-to-severe" Covid-19 cases.

But on Tuesday they revealed that calculations for this figure did not include data from a group of "very mild infections" among those who received the vaccine that did not require clinical assistance.

With the inclusion of this data, the efficacy rate is now 50.4%, said researchers.

But Butantan stressed that the vaccine is 78% effective in preventing mild cases that needed treatment and 100% effective in staving off moderate to serious cases.

The Sinovac trials have yielded different results across different countries.

Last month Turkish researchers said the Sinovac vaccine was 91.25% effective, while Indonesia, which rolled out its mass vaccination programme on Wednesday , said it was 65.3% effective. Both were interim results from late-stage trials.

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-latin-america-55642648

---

Lol, this creative accounting in Brazil put AstraZeneca's cherry-picked data to shame!

If a Brazilian is fully vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine and still get infected anyway, it only counts as positive if it's bad enough for him to "require clinical assistance". Other wise it doesn't count as an infection, even though he is still a fucking virus factory and spread it to everyone around him. <Lmaoo>

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. Halge Silver Belt

"Now normally, if you go one on one with a Covid virus, Sinovac would have a 50 percent chance of being effective..."

3. MMA Time Soldier Brown Belt

Why are Chinese workers still going abroad? That's how this all started in the first place with the Wuhan workers coming back from the holidays to all the Chinese owned textile factories in Northern Italy.

4. Cuauhtemoc Silver Belt

Yes, exactly. From a personal point of view it's still great. You get vaccinated and you don't die.
    If they give me the opportunity to take it I will.
    From a public health perspective it's useless and expensive.

5. D3THRONED Brown Belt

Did you guys really think it was over 50%? Never believe anything the Chinese say. That is your first mistake. The entire Chinese culture is built upon dishonesty and lies.

The J0ker, SATW and Hidden_Hypocrisy like this.
  6. DespicablePeep Red Belt

Its embarrassing the Governor was actually touting science against the federal government, but ends up releasing manipulated data to make false claims. Now everyone in social media is supporting him, saying the vaccine is not perfect but its the vaccine we have and its 100% effective against severe cases, again false information.

Nobody is blocking this false spread of information, people are actually saying 50% is completely fine while at the same time still saying the bullshit about 78% mild cases and 100% severe cases.

ElKarlo likes this.
  7. ShinkanPo Steel Belt Platinum Member

Our local government is mostly avoiding Chinese vacines most are banking on Aztrazeneca and even Moderna.

Only the national government are exclusively pushing for the Russian and Chinese vaccines.

8. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

On a related note, now that suspicious "over 50%" announcement last month is a hell lot funnier! It's still true, by 0.4% <Lmaoo>

I'm pretty certain that this shitty coin-toss (that's more expensive than Pfizer) gotta come with serious backroom cash exchange for the Filipino bureaucrats who are still pushing for them.

$5 AstraZeneca for an averaged 70% protection is the clear way to go for Southeast Asia, South America, and Africa.

ShinkanPo and Kiyashin like this.
  9. Gunny Gold Belt

I believe they look at it as “saving face” though I’m not sure there’s a material difference. IDK. @Zazen what can you tell us about the Chinese cultural need to save face?

10. Orgasmo Silver Belt

50.4% effective at preventing infection is barely above the 50% threshold for regulatory approval.

The results of this Chinese vaccine is all over the place:
    - 86% UAE
    - 91% Turkey
    - 65% Indonesia
    - 50.4% Brazil

Production quality control issues? The variations are huge.

salamander and Kiyashin like this.
  11. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

It's apple-to-orange, that's why. Not to mention all the data cherry-pickings.

Their clinical trial in Brazil is about the only one that could be called a Phase 3 Trial, in size, scope, and (partial) transparency.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. tripleo Banned Banned

only 50 percent affective?

yeah no shit, it's made in fucking china

salamander likes this.
  13. icemanliddell Purple Belt

walking in Manila storm, keeping head high, unafra
    Actually, Sinovac is MORE expensive than Pfizer's or Astrazeneca's.

14. ShinkanPo Steel Belt Platinum Member

There is serious backroom deals for sure probably a promise of a combination of unconditional political support,Yuan,campaign contributions from Beijing, and personal finanancial assurance.

They are practically selling their country men.

Its beyond criminal at this point to invrst so much money on a more expensive vacine but is way less effective.

How is this even justifiable?

salamander and Arkain2K like this.
  15. Day Drinking Green Belt

In china? Never.

16. ShinkanPo Steel Belt Platinum Member

Hey I think I just saw in our News Joko Wibodoh just got Vacinated and our local news anchor thank them for testing it for us lol.

Terima Kasih! Aku Cinta Namu Indonesia!

17. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Did you realize I'm the author of this post?

How about this one on this very page?

18. Rod1 Titanium Belt

Its still pretty darn good, no deaths, and 80% protection against hospitalizations, seems good enough to me at least as a second option.

The more the merrier, given the fact that i live in a country whose federal drug agency has shown to be professional and free of scandals, if it gets approved and i have the option ill get it, since i have zero chance in hell to get a Pfized dose considering my age group.

19. Rod1 Titanium Belt

Isnt it true for a lot of other vaccines? i read the phase 3 clinical trials of Pfizer and they got that rate based on people who got sick enough to get tested.

20. Rod1 Titanium Belt

Compared to Pfizer and Moderna? sure.

Compared to not getting any? nope, anything over 50% is good, and its quite likely that young people will get a strong immune response, its certainly not as good as Pfizer though.