Chinese City Bans the Burqa From Being Worn in Public

Good for them.

Muslim countries and global organizations are relatively quiet on China's treatment of Muslims; maybee they know that it is hopeless trying to appeal to Chinese humanitarian sentiment .

Muslim countries and global organizations are relatively quiet on China's treatment of Muslims; maybee they know that it is hopeless trying to appeal to Chinese humanitarian sentiment .

Oh noz! They can't wear a burqa! You won't find any tears from me. Maybe if Muslims didn't act like the peanut allergy kids of the world, other countries would tolerate them better.

Acknowledges security risk. Cites freedom of expression. You're an idiot. What happens when hordes of burqa-donning broads Zerg rush public places and leave a bunch of unattended packages in shopping malls? Surveillance technologies are really going to come in handy when they're analyzing video of individuals walking around in bedsheets like its Halloween. Go interview some of the guys at VA hospitals and ask how many times they've been detonated and lost limbs by people they later couldn't identify because they still subscribe to ancient desert scribbles. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. If they can learn to behave then maybe they can one day have their blankets back.

Because anyone who is planning such an attack will now do so bare faced as to not violate the law? :rolleyes:

Good to hear, and I wish it was banned here in UK as I hate them (Ninja'd up Mussies) with a passion.

Well as long as it done for the greater good who cares if they violate the rights and freedom of expression for a whole segment of the population. Fuck it.

He who trades freedom for sec--

Eh, f it. Authoritarian bootlickers gonna bootlick, I guess.

Edit: Missed sarcasm. I guess this applies to Microbrewery instead now

Seriously, some posters in this thread are gonna end up with raw tongues from the amount of bootlicking they're doing

Burqa and Niqab are authoritarian customs.

They are too Busy hating America,Europe and the White man because that is all they know and watch on the news.

I have been saying this before all they hate is America "death to Murica death to murrica" they chant.

They just don't know what will happen if what they are wishing for come true if America will lose its place in the world as the dominant Super Power it could only mean one thing that another Super Power will take its place and if that is China the Muslims will learn a lesson they will never forget.

Its like they did not see what hit them.

But if the women don't wear their burqas they'll burn in hell for eternity.

Expressing oneself is all fine and dandy as long as you don't infringe on the rights of others. Totally covering the face gives lends itself to being an asshole to others and allows criminals to better escape identification.

Criminals don't walk around wearing masks. They'd obviously be smart enough to look inconspicuous.

But if the women don't wear their burqas they'll burn in hell for eternity.

That is the reason why a lot of these fundamentalists go out of their way to blow up Children in Schools and what not. For they believe that if they don't islamized the world they will go to hell with the rest of the Kufar.

Well as long as it done for the greater good who cares if they violate the rights and freedom of expression for a whole segment of the population. Fuck it.

It's China.... they don't have rights and freedom of expression. You can argue that they should.... but that's not reality currently.

Yeah but if they do wear them, how are we supposed to know if they are hot or not?

hijab_al_mar_ah_al_muslimah_minal_kitab_was_sunnah_by_perigunawan-d68hgl5.jpg

this_is_freedom_by_nayzak-d5wr187.jpg

Xnk07A6.jpg

I think that anyone really supporting what the Chinese are doing in Xinjiang to the ethnic Uyghur have either (a) lost a part of their humanity or (b) selective about how humane they are with specific ethnic/religious based groups. I personally don't particular care what race/ethnicity or religious group you're from - we are all one people.

Banning the burqa is a violation of a individual's right to wear what they want - I don't personally agree with the burqa but if a Muslim woman chooses to wear it (and there are many that choose to, many choose not to, a few are forced to which is wrong) - that's her prerogative, no-one as far as I'm concerned should have any say on what a person gets to wear.

I don't usually agree with MicroBrew on pretty much anything - but what the Chinese are doing is forced assimilation and it's not far off from genocide. Xinjiang was once predominantly Uyghur and slowly over the years the Chinese government has encouraged Han Chinese migration to the area because it's rich in minerals/deposits to the point where nearly half the population is Han. This in itself isn't the problem - the Uyghur don't have a problem so much with the integration - it's what the migration has done to the Uyghur community there. To highlight some of these problems:

1. Majority Han Chinese in local administrative/political positions; meaning that the Uyghur have very little representation - the result is laws that favour Han Chinese and degrade Uyghur culture - like for example forcing Uyghur to speak only Mandarin, to the point where education in all schools is only done in Mandarin, as well as public life

2. Economically Han Chinese are better off because they can speak Mandarin; giving them access to different markets in China because of the shared language - Uyghur do not have the same mastery of Mandarin therefore they are unable to reach different markets throughout China, many Uyghur also face prejudice so are unable to penetrate into or benefit from the national marketplace ---- resulting in a huge disparity of wealth between the Uyghur & Han - meaning that Uyghur are not able to get the same quality of education as the Han (because of the cost), which results in Uyghur in general not being as educated as their Han counterparts and less likely to obtain good jobs. Add to that the prejudice they already face when trying to secure jobs both locally/nationally and the fact that many of them are blocked off from being as financially/economically successful as their Han equivalents because of all those barriers to entry.

There are a load of other points. Just want to focus on what China has banned the Uyghur from doing:

- banned Burqa in public.
- banned anyone under the age of 18 from entering a mosque.
- enforced checkpoints/security checks throughout Xinjiang where mostly Uyghur are stopped and searched daily.
- Uyghur are now banned from doing cultural/religious based weddings
- Only old Uyghur men are allowed to have beards.
- bans enforced in some parts of Xinjiang where only Uyghur aren't allowed to buy knifes.
- Includes the detention of many 'suspected terrorists' many of whom have not had trials and many that are women/children.

Just a few...China is basically trying to forcibly assimilate the Uyghur into the Han demographic. It's less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that the Uyghur are different ethnically - otherwise they'd be doing the same exact thing to the Hui in mainland China who are Muslims, funnily enough nothing is happening on that front because they are Han anyway.

No, they are articles of clothing that women in China choose to wear.

How do you know they weren't pressured to wear them since the Niqab and Burqa are not traditional Uighur dress.

Uighurs get wiped out and are replaced by Han, thus no more Uighurs so how is that not genocide.

How are they being wiped out? Saying its a genocide is like saying America is committing genocide due to the growing numbers of minorities. The Chinese aren't sustemetically killing them. Their culture, yeah, China is actively suppressing it. But it's not genocide, it's that the Han Chinese are numerous and willing to go anywhere. The Uighurs are still there, it's just that they are a smaller percentage.

Back