Chinese Boat Attacks, Sinks Fishing Vessel, Vietnam Says

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
A Chinese vessel attacked and sank a Vietnamese fishing boat, the Vietnam government said, raising tensions over a territorial dispute that saw clashes between the countries

The Chinamen are gettin outta hand here. Too much posture.

That's getting a little worrisome since I will be back working like 350 miles from the Vietnamese border.

Not that anything would happen in the Hong Kong area, but still, I just wish China would take it easy and not push -everything- over constant face saving and to distract from domestic affairs.

Vietnamese coast guard pulled back from the confrontation with Chinese vessels since they were getting pushed around by the larger Chinese coast guard ships. Some of the Vietnamese ships were getting torn up by ramming and water cannon. The Vietnamese decided to try another tactic and sent in a large number of smaller fishing ships to slip through. China responded with sending its own fishermen into the area. Instead of two coast guards playing bumper cars, it's now the fishermen doing it.

Now the problem is Chinese fishermen have bigger, sturdier and faster ships too. There is just no way this could turn out well for Vietnamese side.

That's getting a little worrisome since I will be back working like 350 miles from the Vietnamese border.

Not that anything would happen in the Hong Kong area, but still, I just wish China would take it easy and not push -everything- over constant face saving and to distract from domestic affairs.
Both China and Vietnam can't afford to look weak by backing down. Armed confrontation is just a matter of time.

China better not mess with Vietnam again.

if there is another conflict, this will be the 10th time they've gone at it

Back