China's schoolchildren are now the smartest in the world

Only the innovators really matter. I couldnt care less about anyone able to memorize better than I can.

150911-top-patent-applications-2013.png

Hmm...

Needs more diversity, because "DiVeRsItY iS oUr StReNgTh!"

Indeed, kings at subverting statistics to portray a paradise that doesnt really exists, like the Cuban healthcare paradise.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2017/01/04/are-the-pisa-education-results-rigged/#4c05521f1561

Its not only China, a lot of Asian countries do the same, they need their good propaganda, like other authoritarian regimes.

Not only that, but US politicians love to drink up that propaganda. After all, crapping on US schools, test scores, and teachers get politicians points with American voters.

I just don't get it.

China taking over the world is not happening, my friend.

Any conflict with America will cause China to splinter. China is powerful but fragile, entirely dependent upon the current world order for its current power.

America could entirely decouple from the world trade system without greater difficulty than a recession. China is utterly dependent upon global trade; even a modest disruption to their ability to export can send them into an utter tailspin.

If America felt like it, it would be the easiest thing in the world to pinch off oil exports to China, jam them out of world markets through secondary sanctions, and interdict any shipments the Chinese attempted to send anyway. China wouldn't be able to jack shit about any of this. China would be brought to its knees in months. The only way they could fuck with America to a similar extent is with a neutron bomb.

Granted, they got to where they were with theft and forced technology transfer from the West but yeah, China has been more than just cheap imitations for a few years now.

And this idea that China can’t innovate is historically illiterate. Many inventions and concepts have come from China and they used to be the worlds most powerful country for almost 1000 years

China taking over the world is not happening, my friend.

Any conflict with America will cause China to splinter. China is powerful but fragile, entirely dependent upon the current world order for its current power.

America could entirely decouple from the world trade system without greater difficulty than a recession. China is utterly dependent upon global trade; even a modest disruption to their ability to export can send them into an utter tailspin.

If America felt like it, it would be the easiest thing in the world to pinch off oil exports to China, jam them out of world markets through secondary sanctions, and interdict any shipments the Chinese attempted to send anyway. China wouldn't be able to jack shit about any of this. China would be brought to its knees in months. The only way they could fuck with America to a similar extent is with a neutron bomb.
they’re slowly changing this before our eyes.

That’s what the belt and road and the South China Sea conflict is all about. They want to make sure they can send their products out and bring the oil in. They’re very secure on the land with Turkmenistan and Russia supplying oil and gas and they’ve been trying to do the same with Iran.

I hope that China and Iran get some regime changes because an Iran-China relationship would be powerful like the US-Saudi relationship.

they’re slowly changing this before our eyes.

That’s what the belt and road and the South China Sea conflict is all about. They want to make sure they can send their products out and bring the oil in. They’re very secure on the land with Turkmenistan and Russia supplying oil and gas and they’ve been trying to do the same with Iran.

I hope that China and Iran get some regime changes because an Iran-China relationship would be powerful like the US-Saudi relationship.

Russia can't meet their energy needs; China's level of energy import needs are absurd.

Belt and Road is going on because China understands the problem they are facing, but it is impossible for land-based transport to compete with ocean-going transit in scope or cost. China needs free access to world oceans, and they only have it at American sufferance.

Are they smart enought to see through the CCP's propaganda and recognize it's a tyrannical dictatorship? Hopefully they are.

Russia can't meet their energy needs; China's level of energy import needs are absurd.

Belt and Road is going on because China understands the problem they are facing, but it is impossible for land-based transport to compete with ocean-going transit in scope or cost. China needs free access to world oceans, and they only have it at American sufferance.
I agree, I meant that they are secure in land routes, not that it is sufficient. We could not easily stop oil and gas from arriving in China through land, but we could easily do that through the sea, but it’s getting tougher for, since they have a lot of ports in the Indian Ocean and military bases in the South China Sea.

If they continue, it will get to the point where they’ll be able to challenge us and once that is possible, they own the seas. It’s not like we will risk nuclear war.

Are they smart enought to see through the CCP's propaganda and recognize it's a tyrannical dictatorship? Hopefully they are.
They’re smart enough to not get their organs harvested by thinking such dangerous thoughts.

I agree, I meant that they are secure in land routes, not that it is sufficient. We could not easily stop oil and gas from arriving in China through land, but we could easily do that through the sea, but it’s getting tougher for, since they have a lot of ports in the Indian Ocean and military bases in the South China Sea.

If they continue, it will get to the point where they’ll be able to challenge us and once that is possible, they own the seas. It’s not like we will risk nuclear war.

It's possible, but most of their neighbours fucking hate China and control all their access routes. As someone from Vietnam how they feel about China and how they feel about the US, and prepare to be surprised. Not to mention Japan. Also remember, they have to import oil from the Middle East, which is an incredibly shitty route to take when your opponent has the world's preeminent deepwater navy.

To be fair, the US is dragged down by all the deadbeat states. If the Northeastern US were its own nation, it would be near the top of almost all quality of life and performance metrics.

northeastUSA.png

- It'd have a population of about ~55.94 million.
- It'd have a GDP of about ~$3.422 trillion, and a GDP per capita of about $61,172.
- The current GDP of the US is $17.3 trillion, with a GDP per capita of about $54,746.
- Without the Northeast, the US' GDP would fall to $13.91 trillion, with a GDP per capita of $44,018. ($17,154 less than an independent Northeast!)
- It'd be the 5th largest economy in the world

The Northeast is far different from the rest of the US. The culture is completely different, the emphasis on urban areas is different, etc. I mean, I'd say we're far closer (politically and culturally) to Canada than to Texas or Alabama.
I imagine that an independent Northeast would be a much fairer society, with an emphasis on social liberalism and multiculturalism. We'd be a secular country, with respect for irreligious people.
We'd probably have comprehensive environmental protection measures like a carbon tax or a cap and trade scheme. We already get significant amounts of our power from renewable sources.
We'd have universal health care. A woman's right to choose would never be taken away, and the rights of the LGBT community would be protected.
We'd follow states like NJ and Rhode Island and provide paid parental/family leave, paid sick leave, etc to all residents.
We'd respect our immigrants and multiculturalism, and actually reform the immigration system.
Our borders would be the US, Canada, and the Atlantic Ocean. No threats at all.
We'd have great schools - for example, Massachusetts, if it were its own country, it'd be ranked within the top 10 countries in the world for education (PISA). We'd have amazing universities (I mean, we have the whole Ivy League, SUNY system, etc).
Our poverty rate would be far lower than the current USA's.
Our obesity rate would be 20-25%.
Our crime rates would be far lower, with far less gun violence.
We don't have a racist culture.
We'd have some of the highest average incomes in the world.
I hate to say it, but the Northeast is almost "held back" in a way by parts of the rest of the country. There are very few areas in which we do not exceed the rest of the country in rankings and statistics. (except for maybe our cold winters)

Politics are one of the biggest things - we've voted Democrat consistently for the past 20 years. We are the most politically liberal areas of the country. Even our Republicans are moderate. (We lack a Tea Party base.)​

So, the Northeast is considerably different - and dare I say better - than the rest of the US. (Yankee pride?)

(c&p'ed from here)​

It's possible, but most of their neighbours fucking hate China and control all their access routes. As someone from Vietnam how they feel about China and how they feel about the US, and prepare to be surprised. Not to mention Japan. Also remember, they have to import oil from the Middle East, which is an incredibly shitty route to take when your opponent has the world's preeminent deepwater navy.
Your neighbors hating you only matters insofar as they can do something about it, otherwise we would have been in a bad situation for the Cold War with everyone south of the border.

Fortunately China’s aggressive actions have soured their relationships with everyone including Duterte who was a cuck to China and as you know, Vietnam which is ruled by a communist party has gotten close to the US.

But quite frankly, Trump dropped the ball big time with the TTP and our allies SK and Japan are having issues with each other at the moment, and the South China Sea nations like Vietnam and the Philippines are much too weak to challenge them.

We’ll have to wait and see but I’m not optimistic.

To be fair, the US is dragged down by all the deadbeat states. If the Northeastern US were its own nation, it would be near the top of almost all quality of life and performance metrics.

northeastUSA.png

- It'd have a population of about ~55.94 million.
- It'd have a GDP of about ~$3.422 trillion, and a GDP per capita of about $61,172.
- The current GDP of the US is $17.3 trillion, with a GDP per capita of about $54,746.
- Without the Northeast, the US' GDP would fall to $13.91 trillion, with a GDP per capita of $44,018. ($17,154 less than an independent Northeast!)
- It'd be the 5th largest economy in the world

The Northeast is far different from the rest of the US. The culture is completely different, the emphasis on urban areas is different, etc. I mean, I'd say we're far closer (politically and culturally) to Canada than to Texas or Alabama.
I imagine that an independent Northeast would be a much fairer society, with an emphasis on social liberalism and multiculturalism. We'd be a secular country, with respect for irreligious people.
We'd probably have comprehensive environmental protection measures like a carbon tax or a cap and trade scheme. We already get significant amounts of our power from renewable sources.
We'd have universal health care. A woman's right to choose would never be taken away, and the rights of the LGBT community would be protected.
We'd follow states like NJ and Rhode Island and provide paid parental/family leave, paid sick leave, etc to all residents.
We'd respect our immigrants and multiculturalism, and actually reform the immigration system.
Our borders would be the US, Canada, and the Atlantic Ocean. No threats at all.
We'd have great schools - for example, Massachusetts, if it were its own country, it'd be ranked within the top 10 countries in the world for education (PISA). We'd have amazing universities (I mean, we have the whole Ivy League, SUNY system, etc).
Our poverty rate would be far lower than the current USA's.
Our obesity rate would be 20-25%.
Our crime rates would be far lower, with far less gun violence.
We don't have a racist culture.
We'd have some of the highest average incomes in the world.
I hate to say it, but the Northeast is almost "held back" in a way by parts of the rest of the country. There are very few areas in which we do not exceed the rest of the country in rankings and statistics. (except for maybe our cold winters)

Politics are one of the biggest things - we've voted Democrat consistently for the past 20 years. We are the most politically liberal areas of the country. Even our Republicans are moderate. (We lack a Tea Party base.)​

So, the Northeast is considerably different - and dare I say better - than the rest of the US. (Yankee pride?)

(c&p'ed from here)​
I agree but I can’t Like your post (yellow cards)

The right of a woman to be able to kill her unborn baby is of the upmost importance.

Hard work always leads to results.

True, but man at what cost? I dont like US schools because they are soft. But Asian schools take any sense of self and fun from kids. I"m sure Chinese schools are doubly awful.

Only in the big provinces that have metropolitan areas. Not saying the kids outside Beijing and Shanghai are dumb, they're all smart, but the northwestern provinces lack the necessary infrastructures for the kids to catch up with their peers that live in big cities.

Back