China's 20-0 heavyweight Zhilei Zhang on DAZN Saturday

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's returning after a 14-month lay-off to fight what is his toughest opponent to date in Ukraine's Andriy Rudenko who's faced some tough opposition during his career but never been stopped. It should be a good test for Zhang because prior to his lay-off he'd been knocking out a bunch of mediocre opponents out in the first round. So, if Rudenko's in shape he should be able to take Zhang further into a fight than he's ever gone before.

Whatever happened to Taishan Dong?

I am pretty interested I have heard from several people who trained with him while he was an amateur that he wa s better as an amateur and have gotten fatter and less mobile as a pro. I was hoping that he was more getting used to a more pro style... we will see. There were some padwork vids popular here a while ago and he was looking fast so.. we will see. But I would be pumped to have a top Chinese boxer and a Mexican hw champ

Oh, yeah. That big seven-footer from China. He retired a couple of years ago after about 6 fights or so I believe. From what I recall he had some sort of health issues & he really wasn't progressing at all. In one of his last fights he was very nearly beaten by 6-18-3 Terrel Jamal Woods.

Word for word what I was gonna say lol. That guy completely disappeared. He wasnt great but it was definitely intriguing seeing someone that size box. He was pretty fast and mobile for such a big guy too.

i watched some mma,kickboxing and boxing cans and it crazy how "good" boxing cans are compared to kickboxing and mma cans.

oh and i thought that china was full of midgets ... learned something new today

thank you

i watched some mma,kickboxing and boxing cans and it crazy how "good" boxing cans are compared to kickboxing and mma cans.

oh and i thought that china was full of midgets ... learned something new today

thank you

Sure thing, bro.
While the majority of people from China are small in stature they do produce some giants. If I'm not mistaken the majority of them come from one particular region but I can't recall where.
And yeah, there are some really good boxers with terrible records. But they didn't get the right management & were sent to be on the opponent in other fighter's hometowns or were overmatched early on in their careers & wound up as journeymen who just fight for the paychecks. Some of them still try to win while others do just enough to get by & get paid.

Back