International China threatens Australia with retaliatory long range missile attack , if it helps Taiwan in war.

our hands are tied on the issue thats why. aside from sabre rattling we have no real dog in this fight.

if i was taiwanese i would rather be apart of china than risk destroying the country. i suspect many taiwanese are actually pro china anyway, just from a distance.

you have to chose your battles wisely and while gallavanting across the oceans confronting china might seem noble it would result in america getting pumped.

how do you even stop china taking taiwan...

Id rather go down fighting.

and many would not.

Many of them would. Especially if other countries are willing to help. Im not sure if you understand how hard it is for an attacker to invade a resisting island. Especially an entrenched one on an island like taiwan who has a decent military.

give Taiwan nuke and see if China dares to invade

give Taiwan nuke and see if China dares to invade

Probably not the best idea. From all accounts the Cuban Missile Crisis was a close one.

Man, the bogans are a bunch of wusses. So much for being descendants of convicts. I'd say Sleepy Joe should make a statement and ready the ships. As the Qins used to say, it is the mandate of heavens.

Many of them would. Especially if other countries are willing to help. Im not sure if you understand how hard it is for an attacker to invade a resisting island. Especially an entrenched one on an island like taiwan who has a decent military.

this isnt operation overlord yoir not able to use england as a staging ground. you also need to deal with chinas navy.

this is a shit fight no one wants to get involved in.

If Bernard Schwartz (Bill Clinton donor) and some other American corps. didn't transfer American rocket technology to China, their missles would be less accurate.

If Richard Nixon didn’t welcome the communists into the global economy, for the benefit of his corporate masters, the Chinese couldn’t have afforded a bottle rocket to lob up on New Years Eve, let alone missiles to Australia.

Three Gorges Dam.

One shot, bye bye China. Even the Aussies could probably ruin China with this method.

Any real war with China becomes nuclear. But they have the biggest achilles heal on the planet in Three Gorge. One shot and 75% of the heartbeat of China is washed away.

That would disproportionately affect civilians, especially the poor ones, you genocidal maniacs.
I’m not sure that wouldn’t be considered a crime against humanity.

Not to mention that would be instantly, and rightly so, a red line attack inviting a crippling nuclear / all out attack.

Real stupid.

That would disproportionately affect civilians, especially the poor ones, you genocidal maniacs.

Not to mention that would be instantly, and rightly so, a red line attack inviting a crippling nuclear / all out attack.

Real stupid.
Uh. You feeling okay mate?

I'm not advocating to initiate anything with this, simply pointing out that if a physical confrontation came to be and things escalated this would be a massive strategic target that could be devastating to China in many ways.

Real stupid.

Well a war is all about moral questions.

Is it worth it killing a x number of innocent people if it might save a lot more lives. (Basically what usa did in ww2 with atomic bombs)

I personally got no clue

Though nukes change a game a bit and this whole thing would lead to nuclear conflict real fast

this isnt operation overlord yoir not able to use england as a staging ground. you also need to deal with chinas navy.

this is a shit fight no one wants to get involved in.

This not being operation overlord is my point not yours. It would be china that needs to stage an operation larger than overlord.

Uh. You feeling okay mate?

I'm not advocating to initiate anything with this, simply pointing out that if a physical confrontation came to be and things escalated this would be a massive strategic target that could be devastating to China in many ways.

Its a non starter because the attackers might as well nuke china instead since its basically as serious as nuking them. Taiwan isnt that stupid. It would kill so many people that the word taiwan would forever be associated with the maniacs of history.

Its a non starter because the attackers might as well nuke china instead since its basically as serious as nuking them. Taiwan isnt that stupid. It would kill so many people that the word taiwan would forever be associated with the maniacs of history.
The situational assumptions you and the other guy having comprehension problems are making are astounding.

The situational assumptions you and the other guy having comprehension problems are making are astounding.

We are not mind-readers. We're talking about a hypothetical scenario with very few details. You have to tell us what the situation is in your hypothetical scenario of the three gorges dam being targetted. If you don't we're going to fill in the blanks with our own assumptions lol.

We are not mind-readers. We're talking about a hypothetical scenario with very few details. You have to tell us what the situation is in your hypothetical scenario of the three gorges dam being targetted. If you don't we're going to fill in the blanks with our own assumptions lol.
The statement was very simple...to point out the devastating possibility of blowing up Three Gorges.....then you clowns went full nuclear apocalypse and made up completely random scenarios.

The US could say draft a treaty saying it will defend Taiwan, just as it would defend Japan.

What is China going to do, wage a full scale invasion?? That would destroy Taiwan and large part of the Chinese military. And this would cause Western , Japanese and Korean corporations to pull out, sanctions being imposed and China losing access to Western markets. It would cause massive damage to China.

They are not going lose all the gains made over the last few decades and destroy Taiwan because the US wants to defend Taiwan. And if they do, well at some point you got to stand up to bullies, even if it means destruction in the short term.

Back