China passes new national security law aimed at Hong Kong

Neph

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-30/china-passes-new-national-security-law-for-hong-kong/12406178

"A draft of the law has yet to be published. Beijing says the law, which comes in response to last year's pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, aims to tackle subversion, terrorism, separatism and collusion with foreign forces.

This month, China's official state agency Xinhua unveiled some of its provisions, including that it would supersede existing Hong Kong legislation and that the power of interpretation belongs to the Chinese parliament's top decision-making body, the National People's Congress Standing Committee.

Beijing is expected to set up a national security office in Hong Kong to "supervise, guide and support" the city government. Beijing could also exercise jurisdiction on certain cases.

Judges for security cases are expected to be appointed by the city's unpopular, pro-Beijing leader Carrie Lam. Senior judges now allocate rosters up through Hong Kong's independent judicial system.

It is still unclear which specific activities are to be made illegal, how precisely they are defined or what punishment they carry."

That's terrible. It's such a shame that the mainlanders chose to side with the CPC. Most people prefer to be subjugated, I guess.

i dont see an issue with this. i just cant get on the hong kong bandwagon as they are a legitimate part of china.

Last edited:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-30/china-passes-new-national-security-law-for-hong-kong/12406178

"A draft of the law has yet to be published. Beijing says the law, which comes in response to last year's pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, aims to tackle subversion, terrorism, separatism and collusion with foreign forces.

This month, China's official state agency Xinhua unveiled some of its provisions, including that it would supersede existing Hong Kong legislation and that the power of interpretation belongs to the Chinese parliament's top decision-making body, the National People's Congress Standing Committee.

Beijing is expected to set up a national security office in Hong Kong to "supervise, guide and support" the city government. Beijing could also exercise jurisdiction on certain cases.

Judges for security cases are expected to be appointed by the city's unpopular, pro-Beijing leader Carrie Lam. Senior judges now allocate rosters up through Hong Kong's independent judicial system.

It is still unclear which specific activities are to be made illegal, how precisely they are defined or what punishment they carry."
That's Joe Biden's boss. Communist China. Can't wait until Joe becomes President.

"supervise, guide and support"

I laughed out loud at this. It's almost like they chose these words to be as hilariously obvious as possible about their intentions with this.

Islamic terrorism is yesterday's Boogeyman. China is the new Big Bad.

We might not be heading towards WWIII, but Cold War II has already begun. And so far, China is winning.

They sense that “world police” America is weak. They are right.

The US has too much internal strife and lack of will to police the world. Pax Americana is coming to an end.

It is this. They are going to subjugate Hong Kong and they will get away with it because there is no one left to stop them.

I would not definitively say that China had anything to do with encouraging the riots here, nor would I say they purposely spread a pandemic to the United States and Europe (I mean that, I truly do not know). The combination of those two things has sealed Hong Kong's fate though. There was a vocal majority that supported Hong Kong before we got hit with all this. Now I can't see the west doing anything besides meekly whispering complaints as China imposes their will without consequence.

That said in the long-run Hong Kong was always going to end up as part of Greater China no matter what. This acceleration in the face of (previously) strong western opposition is a message to Taiwan that they too need to accept the inevitable; as the west is no longer strong enough to protect them.

It is this. They are going to subjugate Hong Kong and they will get away with it because there is no one left to stop them.

I would not definitively say that China had anything to do with encouraging the riots here, nor would I say they purposely spread a pandemic to the United States and Europe (I mean that, I truly do not know). The combination of those two things has sealed Hong Kong's fate though. There was a vocal majority that supported Hong Kong before we got hit with all this. Now I can't see the west doing anything besides meekly whispering complaints as China imposes their will without consequence.

That said in the long-run Hong Kong was always going to end up as part of Greater China no matter what. This acceleration in the face of (previously) strong western opposition is a message to Taiwan that they too need to accept the inevitable; as the west is no longer strong enough to protect them.

I'm kinda glad to be honest, America shouldn't be involved in shit unless we have proof that bodies are piling up.

Yeah, I think Taiwan is doomed ... it’s just a matter of time, in my opinion.

China seem to be sterilising Uighurs in the Xinjiang (sp?) province and they are pretty much taking full control of Hong Kong. Any dissidents will find themselves disappearing.

I don’t think they will get too serious with India. Personally, I just can’t envisage a situation whereby two nuclear powers are going to go to war full-scale.

Japan, may also need to think about stocking up and remilitarising.

I think the USA is currently in a cultural civil war.

If the left win, they will potentially destroy the country and the USA will essentially become Brazil 2.0. Gated communities and slums!

If the right win, the USA will remain rich and militarily strong, but have no more interest in policing the world and foreign wars.

Either way, Pax Americana is probably coming to an end.

Shades of Nazi Germany and I do not use that comparison flippantly.
Yep, I'd say they are circa 33-35 Nazi Germany. The Crack downs are getting pretty serious. And they are gunning to go all out if no one forces them to stop.

I'm in Japan and am against mass immigration. But I'd say this would be w good time to allow a lot of Hong Kong Chinese in

But, I don't think our entertainment/propaganda industry will play along. After all, China is a huge market and everyone wants to be able to sell within that market.
Yep. Hollywood went from peo Tibet to blatantly pro China. It'd disgusting how they like LeBron trip over themselves to suck off China.

Literally watching Pre-WW2 happen all over again.

CCP is fucking up bad right now though. They are desperate and this is why you see the aggression. Their window of opportunity is closing extremely fast. Countries are closing up to them and outsourcing. The biggest fuck up is pushing India to the US. That alone will be China's greatest mistake of the next 100 years. India's geography an population are a nightmare for China. China will be contained quite well with a US/EU/India/Japan/Austrialia/SK coaliton. I'm not buying in to the paper dragon. They are a house of cards and will always be. Cut off their food supply and civil war will break the country. They aren't fooling anyone anymore. Russia's beginning to drift away from them as they aren't dumb either.

Lol don't buy the propaganda, China is losing a lot of battles right now without the US even doing much. Huawei just got bitch slapped into oblivion the last month. Continuing to lose jobs across the world and banned in India. The world doesn't trust China, this has bigger implications than most of you realize. They are fucking up miserably right now. Especially with the US at a weak point. But hey, makes our job a lot easier.

Back