Economy China might collapse, and the global economy is going into major recession

The article sounds like a rerun from the last few years. Many have been thinking China is going to collapse. So far they have turned out to be wrong.

I'm glad President Trump has been re-negotiating a better healthier trade deal for America with China. And I suspect the China virus will not greatly damage China's economy.

Why. Is. The. Market. Still. Going. Up?

Seriously. Can anyone explain this to me?

Are we just predicting the end of th he world?

I seem to remember this happening before, several times. H1n1, bird flu and SARS. world didnt end.
I gotta admit to having the same line of thought, but coronavirus is pretty serious. 2% fatality rate is high. Quarantine of a whole city is unheard of. I don’t recall the numbers of previous flus, but do Recall those hoaxes. I don’t have the same gut feeling with corona virus.

I gotta admit to having the same line of thought, but coronavirus is pretty serious. 2% fatality rate is high. Quarantine of a whole city is unheard of. I don’t recall the numbers of previous flus, but do Recall those hoaxes. I don’t have the same gut feeling with corona virus.

I tend to just assume the world isnt gonna end. There are world ending predictions every month, so far they are always wrong. I remember the same types freaking out when Ebola patients got brought back to the USa.

Some people arent just afraid of society collapsing, they want it to happen as some kind of fantasy. Kinda like how zombie movies or tv shows can be escapist. Look at the people talkng about how much they are stocking up. We hear this every time there is a "threat to the world". They like the roleplaying of being ready.

Why was there no inflation when Central banks created 20 trillion dollars out of thin air after 2008?

The answer to both questions is the same.

Keep your head in the sand just like our government. They keep printing paperless money.

Please go learn who we actually owe money to. You’re embarrassing yourself.

PS, while you’re at it, look at how much China owes us. Clearly you’re behind on your reading.

Please go learn who we actually owe money to. You’re embarrassing yourself.

PS, while you’re at it, look at how much China owes us. Clearly you’re behind on your reading.

Again paperless money. Do you actually think our money is backed by anything?

I want the tariffs against China cranked up a few notches now that it's been revealed Chinese military members have been charged for the Equifax breach. Cripple their economy.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158561415/

corona-chan already caused much of her economic impact on the markets, much of it's priced in already. i doubt we'll see a major collapse over this, since china's pumping their markets and they have a few more cards to play, if needed. additionally, the fed can still lower rates to pump the economy if it does dip.

if there's a global outbreak in the vein of wuhan, that could change. obviously.

also, https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...ity-rate-for-first-time-wuhan-comes-in-second

According to medical experts and front-line doctors, 15 to 20 per cent of coronavirus patients could develop severe conditions, and among them, 25 to 30 per cent could worsen to critical condition, Caixin Global reported.

There has yet to be a widely agreed mortality rate for the disease. Several ICU doctors estimate that the death rate among patients in critical condition ranges from 10 to 40 per cent, meaning the overall mortality rate may be 0.6 to 1 per cent.

also (doubled!), some factories opened yesterday. and the reported rate of spread decreased.

also (TRIPPPPPLE ALSO!), economic data out of the usa/europe was good/surprisingly good, respectively.

Just stumbled on this thread.

I know it's alarmist and most likely won't come to fruition, but I pulled all my money (including retirement) out of the market. I don't like the uncertainty that is involved. I figured I'd sacrifice about two months of growth as a form of risk mitigation. Most likely, everything will be fine, but if it's not - I'm not gonna be the one holding the bag at the end.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...us-could-hurt-economy-sources-idUSKBN2050JL?

Here's a link of Xi saying that the restrictions put in place in China are too extreme and further exasperate a slowing Chinese economy. The end results aren't looking very good for China.

Just stumbled on this thread.

I know it's alarmist and most likely won't come to fruition, but I pulled all my money (including retirement) out of the market. I don't like the uncertainty that is involved. I figured I'd sacrifice about two months of growth as a form of risk mitigation. Most likely, everything will be fine, but if it's not - I'm not gonna be the one holding the bag at the end.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-xi-economy/xi-warned-officials-that-efforts-to-stop-virus-could-hurt-economy-sources-idUSKBN2050JL?

Here's a link of Xi saying that the restrictions put in place in China are too extreme and further exasperate a slowing Chinese economy. The end results aren't looking very good for China.
Smart move. Better safe than sorry. We're in an unprecedented bull market right now and the prospects of that lasting through this pandemic are slim to none. I mostly pulled out of the market too and will buy back gradually once we get a grip of this situation.

Smart move.

maybe, it all depends on the other factors. positions, time, tax brackets... pulling out and jumping back in can be a nightmare for taxes., depending on how it's done. if he does wait 2 months, at least he wouldn't have to worry about wash rule.

Back