China Launched A Quantum Teleportation Satellite

Not a science guy either...

I see where you're going with the communication aspect, but I'm trying to think of it as an invisible gear/cog linking the 2. That may be completely off base though.

Something kind of like gravity?

Is the effect of gravity allowed to move faster than the speed of light? Say if our sun instantly disappeared, would it take us 8 min to start drift into space or would that be immidiate?

Can someone who knows the field a little elaborate? This is messy to me.

Off topic question here.

Does anyone ever wonder if some UFO sightings could be humans from the future who are exploring the past, but they can't influence us or interact with us because then they'll be affecting the future?

That's ridiculous. UFC's are clearly a differently evolved advanced sub-species of human beings who departed the planet from Gobekli Tepe 12,000 years ago to flee from the massive comment strike that ended the ice age.

Is the effect of gravity allowed to move faster than the speed of light? Say if our sun instantly disappeared, would it take us 8 min to start drift into space or would that be immidiate?

I'm no space expert, but IMO if the sun disappeared we'd pretty much go straight. There would still me a slight curve due to our rotation, but we wouldn't continue in an orbital path. It would be like English on a pool ball.
Jupiter may bounce us or destroy us if it goes flying by or we go flying by it. Jupiter has bounced planets out of the solar system in the early days.

I'm no space expert, but IMO if the sun disappeared we'd pretty much go straight. There would still me a slight curve due to our rotation, but we wouldn't continue in an orbital path. It would be like English on a pool ball.
Jupiter may bounce us or destroy us if it goes flying by or we go flying by it. Jupiter has bounced planets out of the solar system in the early days.

Yea but I meant would it take the celestial body of earth approx 8 minutes (speed of light) to notice the effect of a non existant sun? Or would that effect be instantanious? In that case then the force of gravity would move faster than the speed of light?

I'm derping away here.

That's ridiculous. UFC's are clearly a differently evolved advanced sub-species of human beings who departed the planet from Gobekli Tepe 12,000 years ago to flee from the massive comment strike that ended the ice age.
Well there it is... Mystery solved!

Yea I expressed myself clumsely. And I am no physicist.

I my mind - these particles must communicate in some way and that communication seems to be instant?
Spooky Action at a Distance. Einstein thought it showed error in quantum mechanics because it went against the prevailing ideas of local realism and his theory of relativity. Turns out, Spooky Action at a Distance is real, and it was Einstein's bias in favor of local realism that was likely incorrect. Either locality (the principle that an object is only directly influenced by its immediate surrounding) or perhaps realism itself, is incorrect, at least on a quantum level.

In September 2015 the LIGO machine in Louisiana detected gravitational waves from space for the first time; they were confirmed by another unit in Illinois. They originated from the explosion caused by two massive black holes crashing together 2 million years ago!

Mindfuck aside, if someone can look up the distance they were from us we could figure out the velocity of transmission.

Yea but I meant would it take the celestial body of earth approx 8 minutes (speed of light) to notice the effect of a non existant sun? Or would that effect be instantanious? In that case then the force of gravity would move faster than the speed of light?

I'm derping away here.

unanswerable question really - since we really do not know the attractive force of gravity. Under the assumption of using gravitons - they may travel at the speed of light / they may not. In any case, if the sun disappeared we probably wouldnt be bound to trajectories within the hill sphere / hliosphere but would still be under the force of solar directional motion and would collide with objects within it.

In September 2015 the LIGO machine in Louisiana detected gravitational waves from space for the first time; they were confirmed by another unit in Illinois. They originated from the explosion caused by two massive black holes crashing together 2 million years ago!

Mindfuck aside, if someone can look up the distance they were from us we could figure out the velocity of transmission.

the wouldnt measure gravitational attraction though -- just the speed of the waves it would make on space fabric

Einstein suggested entanglement, so I'm not sure negates his theory on relativity.
Yes in special relativity he talks about things that don't fit in his landmark work on relativity.

He understands that some mathematical models don't fit into traditional science. Max Plank opened the doors years before Einstein.

the wouldnt measure gravitational attraction though -- just the speed of the waves it would make on space fabric
I know, but I was responding to a reference to them in general. Although it may be that there is a gravitational constant regardless of atmospheric conditions etc. Isn't that einstein's theory? Or is that just the force and not the velocity?

I know, but I was responding to a reference to them in general. Although it may be that there is a gravitational constant regardless of atmospheric conditions etc. Isn't that einstein's theory? Or is that just the force and not the velocity?

No, gravity remains the weakest of the four despite atmospheric variables. The guys question isn't really answerable at this time because we have no clue how the attractive force of gravity is - like with EM we know wave particle duality (hence we know 8 more mi of sun light if the sun dissappeared, we know gluon with strong nuclear (hence the ability to the quatum basics of that satellite), and particle emission with weak nuclear-- but gravity is a complete mystery at this time.

I would speculate whatever Quanta entities that control gravity wouldn't work at the speeds of of photon -- but who knows?

No, gravity remains the weakest of the four despite atmospheric variables. The guys question isn't really answerable at this time because we have no clue how the attractive force of gravity is - like with EM we know wave particle duality (hence we know 8 more mi of sun light if the sun dissappeared, we know gluon with strong nuclear (hence the ability to the quatum basics of that satellite), and particle emission with weak nuclear-- but gravity is a complete mystery at this time.

I would speculate whatever Quanta entities that control gravity wouldn't work at the speeds of of photon -- but who knows?
I think I'm following you. Still digesting all that!

I have a question that your examples made me think of.

Do you think there exists a gravity particle state like with photons?

I think I'm following you. Still digesting all that!

I have a question that your examples made me think of.

Do you think there exists a gravity particle state like with photons?

Yeah, I would guess it would be -- I would say it would be a somesort of gauge boson.

Everytime i read about theorical physics and the vastness of space i makes my stomach hurt and im stricked with massive anxiety, we may as well be nothing and everything we built may as well be nothing.

But its also time for reflection, if we are truly nothing, maybe we dont really need to worry that much about life and the future.

this is bullshit
better than spending money on transgender toilets and PC studies. Now china has the world's fastest supercomputer (Sunway TaihuLight) and the world's first quantum satellite (Micius). I love to see the reaction of butthurt sherdoggers.

FUCK ME China just released authentic footage of this thing in action!

tumblr_nl3mk4CvCl1u5mnn7o1_400.gif

We're doomed!

So far the world record on developing entanglement via proton pairing is held by the Italians and they only get to go about 145 km. Not there's less interference in space but many will be surprised if the Chinese link will continue through the atmosphere. But I know the DNC is rooting for this.

Edit - Americans broke the distance record using fiberoptics.
it is a good thing then that Chinese are using photons.

why would there be a curve due to Earth's rotation?

it is a good thing then that Chinese are using photons.

auto correct - photons not protons

but the same issues arise - interference causing absorption

I think the ptp laser record is still 140km

Back