China Launched A Quantum Teleportation Satellite

So far the world record on developing entanglement via proton pairing is held by the Italians and they only get to go about 145 km. Not there's less interference in space but many will be surprised if the Chinese link will continue through the atmosphere. But I know the DNC is rooting for this.

Edit - Americans broke the distance record using fiberoptics.

Last edited:
All the time.

Also, perhaps the Back to the Future movies were so realistic because they actually figured out time travel?
But back to the future predicted the cubs would win the World Series last year & we all know that didn't happen & never will

But back to the future predicted the cubs would win the World Series last year & we all know that didn't happen & never will

Red herring, obviously. They just wanted us to *think* that it's not real.

Red herring, obviously. They just wanted us to *think* that it's not real.
They never had me fooled with that one. Had they picked any team other than the cubs, I would've fallen for it

Yea I read about this.

Quantum entanglement is still such a sci-fi concept that it's hard to almost accept that it's real.

I mean, doesn't completely destroy Einsteins relativity theory? There must be some form of communication between the particles that are faster than the speed of light yes?

Spooky to the max.

It is nothing new. I studied it on college.
It is not that crazy, really.

A very brief explanation. You have two entangled electrons, you don't know their spin.
If you measure one of their spins and it is +1/2, the other is automatically -1/2 when you measure it. I don't know how to explain but scientists proved the spin is not determined before you measure it.

So if you have two entangled electrons, one here and another in another galaxy, you can by measuring an electron here, cause the electron in another galaxy to be the opposite spin. Automatically, so yeah you caused an effect faster than light.

But it is random, and there is no way to send a message.

If you could CHOOSE the spin here you could create a system of communication, like every positive spin(negative on the other side) represents 1 or 0 in binary. But you can't.

Veritasium on youtube did a much better explanation of course.

In fact, some would merely say I'm critical, but then there's a faction that can't see any criticism without getting up in arms about anti-Americanism.

Maybe you were just joking, but I feel I've read some posts of yours where you seemed to celebrate the idea of America going down. There seems to be a Canadian clique on here that really dislikes America, which is bizarre lol.

Maybe you were just joking, but I feel I've read some posts of yours where you seemed to celebrate the idea of America going down. There seems to be a Canadian clique on here that really dislikes America, which is bizarre lol.

I can't guarantee that I didn't post that, but it was most likely a joke. The only nations I wish would go down in flames are those women-enslaving, child-raping places.

It's terrifying out here for a Canuck. I've finally started taking steps towards applying for US citizenship and I'm sitting here watching the election and thinking America is getting crazier than it's ever been before.

Off topic question here.

Does anyone ever wonder if some UFO sightings could be humans from the future who are exploring the past, but they can't influence us or interact with us because then they'll be affecting the future?
6817_600.gif

Quantum entanglement is real. Small proof that the Universe is one thing.

Off topic question here.

Does anyone ever wonder if some UFO sightings could be humans from the future who are exploring the past, but they can't influence us or interact with us because then they'll be affecting the future?

It's funny cause Rogan has said the same thing. He says he even think will eventually look like what we think aliens look like because we're getting smaller as a species. The funny thing is in another podcast when talking about football players he talks about how we are getting bigger as a species and today we are bigger than we were in like the 20's, 30's, etc. Then in another poscast I think he finally realized he was contradicting himself but I'm not sure how he talked his way out of that mess.

Yea I read about this.

Quantum entanglement is still such a sci-fi concept that it's hard to almost accept that it's real.

I mean, doesn't completely destroy Einsteins relativity theory? There must be some form of communication between the particles that are faster than the speed of light yes?

Spooky to the max.

Einstein suggested entanglement, so I'm not sure negates his theory on relativity.

Einstein suggested entanglement, so I'm not sure negates his theory on relativity.

Yea I expressed myself clumsely. And I am no physicist.

I my mind - these particles must communicate in some way and that communication seems to be instant?

Yea I expressed myself clumsely. And I am no physicist.

I my mind - these particles must communicate in some way and that communication seems to be instant?

Not a science guy either...

I see where you're going with the communication aspect, but I'm trying to think of it as an invisible gear/cog linking the 2. That may be completely off base though.

Back