International China Is Fuming As The U.S and Taiwan Are Forging Closer Relations

What the fuck? Just my two cents but if you are aware of guys talking about raping coworkers and taking illicit pictures like that you are just as guilty as they are if you dont do something about it. Id report those POS in a second.

As for the topic at hand, Nukes are always an option for the U.S. but i hope it wouldnt come to that. The only area China would have the upper hand is pure manpower.
That wouldnt make much of a difference if we bombed strategic locations and cut them off from the rest of the world. Its a huge country so attempting occupation would be a mistake. Who knows how it would go down. Honestly i hope it doesnt happen and everything becomes peaceful but if China continues to saber rattle we might have to give them a black eye.

I did report to the my boss the general manager and Hr.

But they were like "unless you can provide evidence we have to investigate first"

@S Class

Yeah I never thought Call centers can be so toxic I have been hearing stuff about the industry before I started I thought they were just all exagerations but to my dismay its true.

There was also an incident were two female employees had fight and one them suffered burns when hot coffee was thrown at her.

Will China go to war over Taiwan?
Peter Apps | January 7, 2019

r

China's banner reading 'One Country, Two Systems, One Unified China' is seen from a former military fort in Kinmen County, Taiwan, ahead of the 60th anniversary of the second Taiwan Strait crisis with China, August 20, 2018.

In the first week of 2019, as China grabbed headlines for landing a spacecraft on the far side of the moon, a New Year’s Day editorial in the nation’s official military newspaper told its readers that “war preparations” should be a top priority for the year. The following day, President Xi Jinping offered a forceful reminder of what Beijing considers its most likely focus of conflict to be: Taiwan.

China’s rulers have long regarded the island as a rogue province, with regaining control a point of honor for the ruling Communist Party and military alike. In a major speech on Wednesday, Xi warned the “problem” could not be held over for another generation. While he talked primarily of “peaceful unification,” he said Beijing reserves the right to use force if necessary. The speech brought a sharp rebuke from Taiwan, where residents remain strongly opposed to rejoining China, even under a Hong Kong-style “one country, two systems” deal.

Nothing in Xi’s speech suggested China sees conflict as imminent. However, Xi’s comments about support for peaceful “reunification” included a warning that “we do not promise to renounce the use of force and reserve the option to use all necessary measures” to prevent Taiwan’s independence. Ultimately, if Beijing truly wishes to reassert control over the island, military force may be its only option. That would be a risky step for a government that has not fought a war against a foreign state since a brief and unsuccessful conflict with Vietnam in 1979. It would also put Beijing on a collision course with Washington, which does not support Taiwan’s independence but has what the U.S. State Department describes as “a robust unofficial relationship” with Taipei.

To invade the island successfully, most military analysts argue that Beijing would either have to deter the United States from intervening or defeat nearby U.S. forces and prevent others from entering the region. China may not yet be strong enough to do this, but its military enlargement means that may not always be the case. Certainly, Chinese military thinking increasingly revolves around just this kind of potential war, in which Beijing would want to grab territory while keeping U.S. forces back.

Much of China’s military buildup has been based around ships, aircraft, and arms systems that appear suited for the type of conflict needed to take Taiwan. As well as landing ships to carry assault troops, that includes a focus on missiles designed to destroy U.S. aircraft carriers – or prompting Washington to keep out of range of the conflict. How well those weapons would work is another question, but they would be central to any conflict over Taiwan or disputed islands elsewhere in the South China Sea.

To an extent, much of this is grandstanding geopolitical ballet. Beijing has been unable to stop Taiwan from acting as a de facto country over the last half century, but remains desperate to prevent the island from making an outright declaration of independence. To an extent, this posturing – like Beijing’s increasing military assertiveness with warships and jets around Taiwan – is about reminding those in power in Taipei that any vote on independence might bring war. But there’s more to it than that. As China asserts itself as a global power, Beijing wants to show the world that it is strong enough to take Taiwan at any point it wants.

Domestic Taiwanese politics also remain a factor. In the run-up to Taiwan’s November elections, Taiwanese officials accused China of a Russia-style messaging campaign to undermine support for President Tsai Ing-wen’s pro-independence Democratic Progressive Party (DPP). Those elections saw a serious setback for the DPP and a strong performance by the pro-Chinese Kuomintang opposition, but Xi’s comments last week suggest Beijing still sees military posturing as the best way of pressuring the island.

Taking Taiwan militarily would not be a simple operation. Chinese forces would face sophisticated Taiwanese missile, mine, submarine and air attack if they tried to cross the 110-mile (180 km) Taiwan Strait. The island’s highly populated cities and densely forested mountains would prove a guerrilla fighter’s paradise. A botched Taiwan invasion, potentially with tens of thousands of casualties, could prove an international humiliation as well as kickstarting a domestic political crisis for Xi.

Taiwan, for its part, clearly wishes to persuade China that it is not an easy target. Taipei intends to spend $11 billion on defense this year, a six percent increase from 2018. Much of that will be spent on cutting-edge U.S. and Taiwan-made equipment – on Jan. 2, Taipei unveiled its latest domestically-built anti-ship missile, capable of inflicting serious casualties on any Chinese invasion force.

For Washington and Beijing alike, most of the military posturing for now is likely to remain limited to the Taiwan Strait. Last year, the U.S. Navy sent several ships through the Strait in what a U.S. Pacific Fleet statement described as a demonstration of the U.S. commitment to a free and open Indo-Pacific. In 1996, President Bill Clinton sent two U.S. aircraft carriers – a much more potent force – through the same route during a crisis with China; some argue Washington should again take similar action. That would outrage Beijing – no U.S. carrier has sailed through in more than a decade, although China’s aircraft carrier has sailed the same waters in its own show of force.

China may be reaching for the moon, but Xi’s speech was a reminder that its greatest territorial ambitions may lie much closer to home. Even if Beijing isn’t on the verge of attacking the island, his rhetoric raises the risk that there may eventually be outright war. In a world where the risk of conflict between major nations seems to ratchet higher every year, China’s desire to dominate Taiwan may yet be what lights the spark.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ill-china-go-to-war-over-taiwan-idUSKCN1P11IT

right. so not a lack of moral value in today's women. always been like that.

Ah I guess you took my post too seriously. If you will read back its a joke reply about the coffee tossers.

Woman got burned because..
Coffee got thrown into faces during an argument

oh that is Heated argument.

It boils down to lack of (insert anythinh) in todays women.
---------------#------#

I am actually not one of those "everything is better in the 50s" type of moralist

But I think the 80s is super cool I think it is a morw hornier generation than today.

Taiwan should be treated by the international community as the "real" China.

I was speaking to a Chinese man yesterday, he made it a point to say that "Taiwan is part of China" out of nowhere. Good times.

The thing I dislike about Chinese people is that they're very nationalistic and completely closed to examining their flaws. In the west we have this culture of being willing to put truth above other things and examining our flaws even when it's uncomfortable, so that we can improve and reach a better result. But when you're talking to a Chinese person, they refuse to hear anything unless you're talking 100% positively of China in all respects. The dishonesty is exhausting.

Taiwan should be treated by the international community as the "real" China.

This should have been the case from what I know Taiwan is actually officially named Republic of China and became the capital of the exiled government of Tsiang Kai Shet.

But gold war geopolitics came into play in the 60s and 70s and western nations wants to appease red China so as to not push them to ally with the Soviet sphere.

Edit

Jesus look at all my typo I am not going to change it because its litteraly Gold!!!!

Goldwar lol.

I was speaking to a Chinese man yesterday, he made it a point to say that "Taiwan is part of China" out of nowhere. Good times.

The thing I dislike about Chinese people is that they're very nationalistic and completely closed to examining their flaws. In the west we have this culture of being willing to put truth above other things and examining our flaws even when it's uncomfortable, so that we can improve and reach a better result. But when you're talking to a Chinese person, they refuse to hear anything unless you're talking 100% positively of China in all respects. The dishonesty is exhausting.

A lot of Asian countries are like this specially north East Asians.

And Mao and his thugs really did a lot of damage culturally.

Ah I guess you took my post too seriously. If you will read back its a joke reply about the coffee tossers.

Woman got burned because..
Coffee got thrown into faces during an argument

oh that is Heated argument.

It boils down to lack of (insert anythinh) in todays women.
---------------#------#

I am actually not one of those "everything is better in the 50s" type of moralist

But I think the 80s is super cool I think it is a morw hornier generation than today.

Poe's law then

Why do I get the feeling China has a massive secret submarine force?

During a Dec. 20 speech to the 2018 Military Industry List summit, China’s Rear Adm. Luo Yuan, the deputy head of the Chinese Academy of Military Sciences, added fuel to the South China Sea fire when he stated the key for Chinese domination in those hotly contested waters could lie in the sinking of two U.S. aircraft carriers, according to a report by Australia’s news.com.

"What the United States fears the most is taking casualties,” the admiral said, before adding that such an attack on two of the U.S. Navy’s steel behemoths would claim upwards of 10,000 lives.

Luo went on to call America’s military, money, talent, voting system and fear of adversaries the five U.S. weaknesses that can be easily exploited, according to the report.

"We’ll see how frightened America is,” he said.

>>>
Go for it. China will then end up with a shitload of missiles shoved up their ass in retaliation. There's your "Frightened America", you stupid idiots. <Jaime01>

During a Dec. 20 speech to the 2018 Military Industry List summit, China’s Rear Adm. Luo Yuan, the deputy head of the Chinese Academy of Military Sciences, added fuel to the South China Sea fire when he stated the key for Chinese domination in those hotly contested waters could lie in the sinking of two U.S. aircraft carriers, according to a report by Australia’s news.com.

"What the United States fears the most is taking casualties,” the admiral said, before adding that such an attack on two of the U.S. Navy’s steel behemoths would claim upwards of 10,000 lives.

Luo went on to call America’s military, money, talent, voting system and fear of adversaries the five U.S. weaknesses that can be easily exploited, according to the report.

"We’ll see how frightened America is,” he said.

>>>
Go for it. China will then end up with a shitload of missiles shoved up their ass in retaliation. There's your "Frightened America", you stupid idiots. <Jaime01>

He seems to have the same mentality that the Japanese had when they decided that directly attacking American forces in Pearl Harbor was a fantastic idea to prevents the U.S from ever interfering with their conquests in Southeast Asia again.

U.S. Readies $2 Billion Taiwan Arms Package Over China Protests
Tony Capaccio and Kevin Hamlin | June 5, 2019

1000x-1.jpg

The Pentagon and State Department have informally notified Congress of a potential $2 billion deal with Taiwan that includes the first-time sale of one of the U.S. Army’s top tanks, according to an official familiar with the proposal, drawing protests from China.

The deal would contain the M1A2 Abrams tank, and a resupply of anti-air and anti-armor weapons, the official familiar with the matter said. The notification of the government-to-government sale doesn’t include F-16 fighters, which are still under State Department and Pentagon review, the person said.

“We are severely concerned about the U.S.’s move,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told reporters in Beijing on Thursday. “We are firmly against U.S. arms sales to Taiwan. We urge the U.S. to see the high sensitivity and severe harm of arms sales to Taiwan.”

The move comes amid tensions over stalled trade talks between China and the U.S. China sees Taiwan as an integral part of its territory that it must unify, by force if necessary.

800x-1.jpg

The package includes 108 of the tanks built by General Dynamics Corp., as well as 1,240 TOW wire-guided anti-tank missiles, 409 shoulder-launched “fire-and-forget” Javelin anti-tank missiles and 250 Stinger shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles made famous by Afghan “freedom fighters” in their war against the Soviet Union.

The informal notification, reported earlier Wednesday by Reuters, will be followed by a formal and public notification to Congress that’s likely to be approved within the normal 30-day review process. Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense confirmed the request for the arms purchase on Thursday.

In March, China vigorously protested the Trump administration’s tacit approval of Taiwan’s request to buy more than 60 F-16s built by Lockheed Martin Corp.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ation-readies-a-2-billion-taiwan-arms-package

U.S approves huge Taiwan arms deal in latest blow to China relations
Namita Singh | October 22, 2020​

f31cf1f88bf8ec40ea580b0515f2851f

The US State Department has approved the sale of advanced weaponry systems to Taiwan, in a deal worth some $1.8bn that includes sensors, missiles and artillery, the Pentagon said.

Congress still needs to give final approval to the deal, and can raise objections to any arms sales within 30 days of the issuance of a formal notification.

Among the weapons systems in Wednesday’s deal were 11 truck-based rocket launchers made by Lockheed Martin Corp, known as the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), at an estimated cost of $436.1m.

The deal also includes 135 precision-guided cruise missiles, as well as mobile light rocket launchers and air reconnaissance pods that can be attached to fighter jets.

The defence and foreign ministries in Taiwan welcomed the news, saying the weapons would help improve defensive capabilities.

“This arms sale shows that the United States attaches great importance to the strategic position of the Indo-Pacific region and the Taiwan Strait, and is actively assisting our country in strengthening our overall defence capabilities,” Taiwan’s Defence Ministry said.

Responding to the arms deal, China's Foreign Ministry said that it would have a major impact on its relationship with the US and that it would respond as necessary.

In recent years, tensions over the self-ruled island have increased as Beijing has more forcefully asserted its claim to sovereignty. In January the island re-elected incumbent president Tsai Ing-Wen, who campaigned on a ticket of defending Taiwanese sovereignty.

The arms deal also comes as relations have deteriorated between China and the US administration of Donald Trump, ahead of the 3 November US election. Mr Trump has made a tough stance against China a central theme of his foreign policy during the campaign for a second term.

Analysts say Washington has been eager to see Taiwan bolster its defence capabilities in the face of increasingly assertive moves from Beijing, which has been ratcheting up pressure on the island ever since President Tsai was first elected in 2016. Taiwan said this month that it spent almost $900m last year scrambling its air forces to meet Chinese incursions.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-approves-huge-taiwan-arms-120440806.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back