International China creates world's biggest free trade zone

Because the people who are in these positions will sell their own mother for 2% profit margins. You think they give a fuck about long term consequences?
Oh I know most of the don't care at all.
Look at GE, Jeff Immelt wrecked the company and he walked away with hundreds of millions. Plus that fool is on boards still.
I always vote no for executive compensation. Too bad the ETFs won't.

The people are good. No question. As I mentioned previously. At trade shows we don't even want to entertain a Chinese company because they will buy one of our products.... reverse engineer it and put it out for peanuts... common knowledge imo...

They been doing that for years . It still doesn't stop rich american companies from using cheap labor from them.

Singapore, but they're different.

Up until recently (last 2 leaders) Singapore was China's model for development.
Of course Singapore is still a one party, micromanaged authoritarian state.

They been doing that for years . It still doesn't stop rich american companies from using cheap labor from them.

So.... thats a good thing?? My company is at stake and its a thing..... big companies can do that.... they can go to world court... but smaller ones that can't do that....

Mostly oil and gas imo

Not a lot of IP to steal

This. No one should be signing any agreements with China. Not as they are now, a murderous, intolerant, cheating and etc state

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about the U.S.

Corrupt and Corrupter.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about the U.S.

Corrupt and Corrupter.

So... China good?? Please and take your meds....

We can talk the negatives of the US... but to say China is good to their people and play fair with everyone else in the world is not true....

So.... thats a good thing?? My company is at stake and its a thing..... big companies can do that.... they can go to world court... but smaller ones that can't do that....

Of course not but it's just as much fault as America as the Chinese.

Of course not but it's just as much fault as America as the Chinese.

Ah... so both countries are equal... we pay peanuts and sell for peanuts and its all a safe playing field. Also... most US companies are not global... just trying to keep their workers working like mine...I'd like to know our export vs import to China....

If you know me on here bud... you know that I'm not just spouting bias. But yeah. They are rough to deal with and do business... only the largest companies can

Up until recently (last 2 leaders) Singapore was China's model for development.
Of course Singapore is still a one party, micromanaged authoritarian state.

Yea, I guess they're a Muslim state too.

I heard they give a lot of fines and they don't cane people nearly as often as what westerners think.

Yea, I guess they're a Muslim state too.

I heard they give a lot of fines and they don't cane people nearly as often as what westerners think.

Muslim minority. They've relaxed a bit supposedly, but when I was living there they had mandatory government run social mixers and dating agencies.

And this is why the TPP was a big deal. It wasn't a magic bullet but it was a step towards keeping us relevant in the region.

As the OP points out, we're effectively out and China will be driving the train for the foreseeable future. This means that they're going to have significant influence over a major growing market for our goods and the source nations for manufacturing as well. Given their proximity to Africa, relative to us, this will increase their scope of influence there as well.

Meanwhile, Trump (and some Americans) seem to think that the advantages of the prior decades are immutable. They're not. You have to cut off your opponent before he gets to his goals and we haven't done it. "America first" is proving itself to be "America gets weaker internationally".

Back