1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Chin Condition

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ismhmr**, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ismhmr** White Belt

I am a kickboxer and boxer, 2 years ago (while grappling actually) I had my acl and meniscus go out, and about a year ago, I had surgery to repair it properly. So in as much time, I have not really been able to train like I have for the past 15 years.

Now I have trained since I was a kid, and I have never been knocked out before, or even knocked down from a head shot. But now since I am slowly starting to get competitive again I have been dropped 3 times in sparring sessions or practice matches. I popped right up each time, but its scaring the crap out of me because I took harder shots when I was 16.

I am hoping someone has a little insight, as to why its happening. I am out of shape now, but going to Thailand next week to fix that.. My body seems to be softer than before, but again, going to Thailand for 6 months. Could it be a conditioning problem? I have always been in shape, so I really have no idea.