Chimaev vs Usman or Izzy

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As the GOATmaev hype train is blasting full speed towards greatness skipping most of the stations along its way, who do think is the harder fight for Khamzat? Usman or Izzy?

Izzy.

Usman would have no answer for Khamzat.

If Khamzat beats Usman then defended the title twice or 3 times in dominant fashion, he'd be in GOAT discussions based on sherdog logic.

Izzy is the easier fight because he has pretty much no wrestling.
Both smoke him though, IMO.

Izzy.

Usman would have no answer for Khamzat.

If Khamzat beats Usman then defended the title twice or 3 times in dominant fashion, he'd be in GOAT discussions based on sherdog logic.

Huh??.. So izzy the striker wins but usman the wrestler has nothing for chimaev...

I think you need to stop watching MMA

also hamzat is a hype job...and will not get pass leon but lets say he does..both champs likely beat him..no way hamzat man handles usman if woodley couldnt hamzat isnt..also izzy is too much striking wise and likely destroys him as hes beaten no1 at MW ...i think costa beats him

Huh??.. So izzy the striker wins but usman the wrestler has nothing for chimaev...

I think you need to stop watching MMA

also hamzat is a hype job...and will not get pass leon but lets say he does..both champs likely beat him..no way hamzat man handles usman if woodley couldnt hamzat isnt..also izzy is too much striking wise and likely destroys him as hes beaten no1 at MW ...i think costa beats him
Yes because Khamzat has the tools necessary to nullify Usman's greatest strength and his striking isn't very good.

Izzy is really good at stopping TDs and getting back up when taken down and has some of the best striking in MMA.

Acting like Woodley is some amazing fighter is silly. Literally became the best when his era of best fighters were fazing out. He showed he wasn't even the #1 contender in Georges' era. Khamzat would tool Woodley tomorrow if they fought.

Khamzat is the real deal. Sorry you are gonna be figuring it out later.

You can add jones Jan and stipe to his list too

I have a feeling he beats both easily

Izzy is the easier fight stylistically but smokes them both either way

i don't see him beating either of those guys tbh but if i had to pick one probably Usman

Ask this question again after the Edwards fight. Hard to tell how good he is when he hasn't fought anybody yet.
This! If he runs through Edwards, then wow - Khamzat is legit

But right now, we really have no idea how good he is yet. From the small data we have, all we really know is that he has completely run through unranked fighters.

Yes because Khamzat has the tools necessary to nullify Usman's greatest strength and his striking isn't very good.

LOL Who has he beaten that's anywhere near Usman's level?

Come back and start talking this shit if he beats Edwards.

Leon will expose his cardio problems and beat him in the later rounds. I don't see him beating either of those guys.

Izzy is the harder fight.
Very good TDD and ability to get up and obviously the best striking in the sport currently.

Usman needs to get Khamzat down or wall and stall him, which i'm not sure he'll be able to and on the feet Khamzat beats Usman up.

(This is all assuming Khamzat is as good as he seems)

The Leon fight will show where he's at. Magny would've as well. These are non-wrestlers with a well-rounded game (Khamzat having a wrestling base). If he wins dominantly then it's time for the Usman, Colby and possibly Burns talk. But there's always a chance Leon beats the shit out of him. Then it's time for the options of can crushing or a decent opponent.

I'd judge when I see him beat someone who's not an actual mobile punching bag

Back