Chim Chim Workout

kimurense

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know this might belong in the Conditioning Forum, but since this is more of a grapplers workout, I thought I would ask you guys, as some of you might use it.

I am a bit confused as to how the workout should work, I see him stating on the begining that we should alter primer #1 and #2 with a rest day. I figure that a more experienced weight lifter/ sports person, should skip the primers and have one strength day followed by a endurance day with one day's rest (with BJJ, wrestling or whatever in the middle). Did I make the right assumption as to leaving the primer workouts out of the equasion?

Chim chim workout

Cheers

yeah I started it a week ago, and I am quite sour all the time :) lets hope the benefits are what I expect them to be..

I see not many here use(d) this workout..

sounds pretty good. might give it a shot. thanks for the post.

yeah I started it a week ago, and I am quite sour all the time :) lets hope the benefits are what I expect them to be..

I see not many here use(d) this workout..

I'm thinking about giving this a shot. This looks like it's going to suck big time.

Here's part of the ChimChim workout from the guy who invented it: ChimChim Workout @ the Jungle Gym

<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" flashvars="" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=3463360456072815314&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

Sounds like a good workout, but I wonder if you couldn't get the same benefits with just a few basic exercises instead of 50 different moves.

You probably could, but the varied movements and quick changes would keep the chim chim workout interesting and fun.

Yeah and the purpose is not only to build strength but to build cardio and mental capacity. This is a very trying workout, promise!

Doesn't look like anything groundbreaking or even new to me, basically just do a variety of upper body, lower body and core exercises in a row and perform multiple sets each time trying to do different exercises.

Doesn't look like anything groundbreaking or even new to me, basically just do a variety of upper body, lower body and core exercises in a row and perform multiple sets each time trying to do different exercises.

It isn't. It isn't supposed to be groundbreaking. Just like Bas's workout isn't really anything special either. They set them up nicely to be just a good work out.

i just do bill starrs 5x5. simple and good!
I was doing that, it works nicely, but I have a bad shoulder, and can't really bench press too much weight at the moment, so need something a little lighter (as to weight volume)

just switch for 6-10 weeks. but stay with bill starr its just too nice for bjj.

I think this would be a good alternative the the German Volume Training after the cycle of Bill Star 5X5. See no reason both can't live in harmony and compliment each other.

i cant find a link to this workout that i can view at work. the scribd.com one won't load due to filter issues. anybody have another link?

actually the Bas Rutten workout involves very few exercises. I think a workout like this is very fun to do if you have a big gym, a trainer, equipment, and training partners at your disposition, but personally I work out at home, so for me the simpler the better.

If I had access to fancy equipment I wouldn't need a workout because I would already be running everywhere trying out every piece of equipment in the gym !

anybody have this workout saved anywhere? i can't load that one page that it's on

Back