Chill with the Larkin train yo

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Larkin is a sweetheart and i like everything about him, but he beat doomsday who will likely get cut now.

Impressive handspeed but dont jinx the guy lol

He looked quick and crisp, but I'm not getting carried away with my expectations. We'll see how he does against another couple guys around the top 15-20.

It was nice to see him show up, lots of great potential match ups at this weight for sure.

If you can do that to someone in the UFC it is impressive, Howard is not a bum regardless of what people think he is not easy to finish in a round

He looked quick and crisp, but I'm not getting carried away with my expectations. We'll see how he does against another couple guys around the top 15-20.

It's not top 15-20, or even top 5-10 that will be the problem, IMO. I think for him, it's all about the individual matchups. For example, I would still pick him to beat Lawler if they fought again. But I could see a guy like Mike Pierce (if he ever comes back) giving him a lot of trouble. Hendricks could be a big problem for him.

I'd like to see his TDD and cardio in later rounds before I get too excited. But he did look very good.

I think it depends on whether or not he can learn to deal with grapplers like Lawler did. If he can learn how to engage the WW div's grapplers in the standup division he stillhas a shot at being a threat.

All we know is that he had to finish in decisive, dominant fashion to convince anyone what he had the ability to go anywhere in this division. He did just that. And that is good. Beyond that all we have is the fun of wild speculation on whether or not he's gonna get closer to the top or if he's just gonna be another flushout in his next two fights.

Larkin has fought some decent competition at MW but I think his win tonight will get him some WW top 10-15 meat next for sure

It's not top 15-20, or even top 5-10 that will be the problem, IMO. I think for him, it's all about the individual matchups. For example, I would still pick him to beat Lawler if they fought again. But I could see a guy like Mike Pierce (if he ever comes back) giving him a lot of trouble. Hendricks could be a big problem for him.

I'd like to see his TDD and cardio in later rounds before I get too excited. But he did look very good.

I concur good sir. Although I'd like to think Lawler could beat him.

Larkin was exceptional. Nobody owns Howard like that.

He looked real sharp against Doomsday, can't wait to see more at this weight

If any performance deserves hype, it's that one. He looked unbelievable, better then he's ever looked by far even in Strikeforce when he was considered a good prospect. Was really surprised how great he looked in there, he got some people's attention at 170 for sure. Someone with that speed and movement is going to be a tough fight for anyone.

Back