Chiesa vs Trinaldo Predictions

WillieBoy88

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who takes it's? My heart wants Chiesa but my mind is telling me Trinaldo

Oddsmakers have it a close fight with But Chiesa a slight favorite

Trinaldo is a fantastic grappler, despite his last submission loss after gassing horribly.

Stylistically this is a great matchup for him since he is much stronger than Chiesa, has sick TDD and is a better striker. His cardio is a BIG issue though, the guy is always dead after 1 and a half rounds.. cuts too much weight.

I think Trinaldo will have a good first round before gassing. Chiesa will sub him in the third

rooting for chiesa, usually do. always seems like the underdog even when he isn't hahahaha. came pretty close to finishing masvidal a few times too.

Last edited:
Trinaldo is a fantastic grappler, despite his last submission loss after gassing horribly.

Stylistically this is a great matchup for him since he is much stronger than Chiesa, has sick TDD and is a better striker. His cardio is a BIG issue though, the guy is always dead after 1 and a half rounds.. cuts too much weight.

I agree.

Trinaldo is an absolute beast in the 1st round, but he has faded badly in multiple big fights (Perpetuo-TUF Brazil, Tibau, Hallmann).

Trinaldo is a good grappler, but he's better known for his punching power. Chiesa can take a punch, but he better have his chin tucked that whole 1st round if he wants to win this. I'm taking Chiesa because Trinaldo's conditioning is just too questionable against stiffer competition.

Chiesa will outlast Trinaldo til he gasses and sink in the RNC. Everyone sleeping on Chiesa but the guy is a dark house. He was taking it to Masvidal early on in there fight, and is improving fuck tons since TUF. He'll sub Trinaldo and look good doing it.

Definately got Chiesa in this one, I think he has just looked really good everywhere.

Chiesa will outlast Trinaldo til he gasses and sink in the RNC. Everyone sleeping on Chiesa but the guy is a dark house. He was taking it to Masvidal early on in there fight, and is improving fuck tons since TUF. He'll sub Trinaldo and look good doing it.

he's the favorite.

(by the way, WAR CHIESA)

Chisea is gonna outlast him, guy is too tough

Trinaldo is an absolute beast in the 1st round, but he has faded badly in multiple big fights (Perpetuo-TUF Brazil, Tibau, Hallmann).

Trinaldo is a good grappler, but he's better known for his punching power. Chiesa can take a punch, but he better have his chin tucked that whole 1st round if he wants to win this. I'm taking Chiesa because Trinaldo's conditioning is just too questionable against stiffer competition.

Really? I've always thought that Trinaldo was a much better grappler than anything else. I mean, he's always been a strong guy much thanks to his size but he usually comes in with a grapple first game plan. He's got some impressive BJJ. Early on in the fight at least.

Really? I've always thought that Trinaldo was a much better grappler than anything else. I mean, he's always been a strong guy much thanks to his size but he usually comes in with a grapple first game plan. He's got some impressive BJJ. Early on in the fight at least.

Unfortunately, since moving to train with Dida he thinks he is a striker and refuses to grapple... his last fight was extremely frustrating.

I made this thread about it LOL

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/francisco-massaranduba-worst-fighting-iq-dida-terrible-coach-2673225/

Gut says Chiesa. Watching some of Trinaldo's fights on fight pass, dude throws hard overhand lefts I can see him hurting Mike with one of those. Trinaldo also has a good top game but he isn't much off his back. I think Mike can get him against the cage and take him down and choke him out.

Good fight. I see Trinaldo, as usual, starting well then tiring out quickly and Chiesa getting a 3rd round RNC.

Chiesa via beard/cardio

I will cheer for trinaldo (by brutal ko )...but his cardio is a big problem

Last edited:
Back